PDA

View Full Version : BIG bug with saving scores of secure games

luck777jojo
24 Jul 2007, 06:57
Okay so I download and install 2.6.2 so all the new secure games work fine now submitting scores and all is great.

Then about 1 week into it I notice a bug, a big bug... it seems that when you're playing a secure game it can save its score into other games.

This is how it works...
1. you load up a secure game (I've tried a few but for this example lets say... Balls)
2. you load up (in a new tab) a non secure game... Dynamite
3. you play Balls and submit score

now instead of giving a nice "score was not submitted" error message it loads up the highscores for Dynamite and saves the Balls score there, so now I have a Dynamite game with a highscore of >2000

Like I said I've tried this with multiple combinations of secure and unsecure games and it always worked.

NO bug when the combinations were:
secure - secure
unsecure - unsecure

MrZeropage
24 Jul 2007, 07:29
could you please try this:
open /arcade.php
set $FIXIE to 0 (zero)

try if this works anymore with this setting...

luck777jojo
24 Jul 2007, 23:30
set it to 0... still having the exact same problem as before

also... just tested it with firefox 2.0.0.4 and I'm getting the exact same problem

MrZeropage
25 Jul 2007, 18:59
Ok, I think I have a solution to this, please provide your mailaddress via PM and a reference to this thread so I can send you an updated arcade.php for testing

tasoik
10 Aug 2007, 16:45
I have exactly the same problem. Any solution for this issue ? I run vb 3.6.8 with ibproArcade 2.6.3+

When i play a game and open simultaneously a new window with another game then the high score of second game saved into first window. How can we make users to play only 1 game at a time and not 2 or more games simultaneously in different windows in order to deny them cheating scores ?

tasoik
15 Aug 2007, 19:34
any news ?

Mrdby
22 Aug 2007, 19:17
??????/

MrZeropage
26 Aug 2007, 08:04
v2.6.3+ should have fixed this ...