PDA

View Full Version : Choose language on registration

Dzi13
23 Apr 2010, 09:45
Hi,

I have forum with two supported languages. I would like to offer users possibility to choose language in registration. Is there any mod for this or can you give me few hints how to do this.

Regards

Bluefin221
11 Nov 2012, 19:29
I'm also looking for this, has anyone did this before or seen anything like this before.

Manoel Júnior
11 Nov 2012, 21:05
I'm also looking for this, has anyone did this before or seen anything like this before.
Me too

Simon Lloyd
11 Nov 2012, 22:02
you'd have to add another profile field that is required on registration then users who have checked the field get to see that language.

Manoel Júnior
11 Nov 2012, 22:44
you'd have to add another profile field that is required on registration then users who have checked the field get to see that language.
How to Simon? How to checked field?

Simon Lloyd
12 Nov 2012, 01:00
Add a required on registration field to the user profile using admincp>user profile fields>add new user profile field.

In a plugin add something like (not tested)

Code:
---------------
Code is only visible to licensed users, and only when logged into the forums.
---------------

replace filedx with the new field number like field8, replace XX with the usergroup that they are getting moved to.

Or you can follow something like this http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=251670, seriously, just use the serach function here and you'll find lots :)