View Full Version : Active Mailing List 0.2beta
Finally got a working alpha/beta of my Active Mailing List.
Kinda like http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=292
Uses/Guests can add/remove themselves from the database.
Confirmation message sent prior to adding emails to database.
Template driven (FastTemplate)
Emails out to all addresses in database a listing and summary of the latest topics/messages on your board.
Email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) for an early alpha/beta. Will post link once everything gets finalized/packaged.
[Edited by wandrer on 05-07-2000 at 02:36 PM]
Short, Sweet, and to the point docs.
1) Create new database, or add an 'Email' table to existing database as per
2) Edit config-aml.php3 and set up all variables.
3) Add a form to your site by editing the vbulletin template. form.html shows an
example you can use.
4) Add yourself to the database using the form you created in step #3 (or use form.html)
5) Check your email to see if you received a confirmation email.
6) Click on the url (if it is correct) in the email. If it is not correct, do step #2
again to change the variables that need to be changed.
7) Upon clicking on the URL, you should have gotten a confirmation that your email
address was added.
8) Run the admin php3 script to have the latest topics sent to you. It should list your
email address on the screen.
9) Check your email for the latest topics email that was sent to you.
10) Remove yourself from the database using the form in step #3.
11) Verify that your email address was removed.
12) Try adding an invalid email address (email@example.com) to verify that it
rejects invalid email addresses.
The script allows 5 seconds per email it send out. If running in safe mode, all emails may
not get sent out in the alloted time. Changes to the script would need to be made to allow
it to send only a few emails out and then refresh to itself to continue the next batch.
To change the look and feel, just edit the templates with your favorite text editor / html
This script does what I need it to do, so features like:
Subscribing to individual forums - Random Advertisements on top/bottom of emails sent out -
Batch processing of emails (10/25/100/500 at a time) - Overview Email of email-job sent to admin -
are just some of the additional features that could be in a 'professional version' of this
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in any of the above features.
[Edited by wandrer on 05-07-2000 at 02:48 PM]
24 May 2003, 16:11
Deleted because hack is long gone.
24 May 2003, 20:00
I take it, in the cleanup, you're nuking them from the db, too? :)
24 May 2003, 20:28
Stuff from GHD isn't in the DB :)
24 May 2003, 20:31
Oh, right...forgot you were deleting from there :)
vBulletin® v3.6.12, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.