PDA

View Full Version : Anime Anybody?

sabret00the
10 May 2004, 11:18
if so what are you currently watching?

Brad
10 May 2004, 11:23
if so what are you currently watching?
Lain (again), and some wild stuff that I forget the name of. Need to go to lan party so I can tap into a faster connection and see what is on the fansub front now a days.

Tony G
10 May 2004, 11:25
Yep, anime here.

Currently watching: Witch Hunter Robin, Last Exile, Someday's Dreamers, Initial D, Haibane Renmei (Recently finished that), NieA_7, Ghibli Movies and some other stuff.

sabret00the
10 May 2004, 11:54
Just finished Gungrave which was awesome, now watching

Ai++++eru Ze Baby
Bakertsu Tenshi
Full Metal Alchemist
Kono Minikukumo Utsukushii Sekai (a bit poop)
Kenran Butoh Sai
Madlax
GANTZ
Melody Of Oblivion
Monster
Naruto
One Piece
Planetes
Tanjou Tenge
Twenty Witches

highlighted = awesome and would recommend

Tony G
10 May 2004, 13:06
Times like these, I really need broadband. :p

Boofo
10 May 2004, 13:39
Just finished Gungrave which was awesome, now watching

Ai++++eru Ze Baby
Bakertsu Tenshi
Full Metal Alchemist
Kono Minikukumo Utsukushii Sekai (a bit poop)
Kenran Butoh Sai
Madlax
GANTZ
Melody Of Oblivion
Monster
Naruto
One Piece
Planetes
Tanjou Tenge
Twenty Witches

highlighted = awesome and would recommend
Where are you watching all of those at?

Fluous
10 May 2004, 13:41
PR0NNNNNNNNNNNN WOOOHOOOOOO lol jk.

I don't have cable. :(. I havel ike 7 local channels...

sabret00the
10 May 2004, 14:04
Where are you watching all of those at?
i download the episodes off the net weekly :)

www.animesuki.com and www.downloadanime.org tend to cover em :)

pie
10 May 2004, 14:05
Ive JUST started watching Evangelion Neon Genisis... very good.

assassingod
10 May 2004, 14:44
FF:Unlimited and LA Blue

pie
10 May 2004, 14:46
got a mate sending me FF:Unlimited coming in?

Brad
10 May 2004, 15:32
Ive JUST started watching Evangelion Neon Genisis... very good.
Thats probbly one of the most well known animes. I like it, but my dvd copies from adv suck :(

TECK
10 May 2004, 18:26
I'm sorry to ask, but all those names are unfamiliar to me...
Anime is related to.. ? Sorry for my ignorace, but I still remain curious. :)

Regards,
Floren.

sonic3d
10 May 2004, 19:37
Naruto
One Piece
Fullmetal Alchemist
Gantz
Konjiki no Gash Bell
Initial D Fourth Stage
Chrno Crusade
Cowboy Bebop
Kono Minikukumo Utsukushii Sekai (was watching it but not into nemore)

l8er
sonic

sabret00the
10 May 2004, 20:33
was watching Chrno till they licensed it :(

sabret00the
10 May 2004, 20:34
I'm sorry to ask, but all those names are unfamiliar to me...
Anime is related to.. ? Sorry for my ignorace, but I still remain curious. :)

Regards,
Floren.Japanese Animated (Cartoons) Series

sonic3d
10 May 2004, 20:45
was watching Chrno till they licensed it :(

there are still a couple groups still fansubbing it.

l8er
sonic

Xenon
10 May 2004, 22:48
Hmm, currently i don't watch any, as the only one submitted in german tv currently are bad ones, or such i already have seen several times :(

Tony G
11 May 2004, 10:54
Thats probbly one of the most well known animes. I like it, but my dvd copies from adv suck :(

ADV are releasing 'EVA Platnium' in July I think. It's basically NGE, with improved animation, 5.1 sound and includes the directors cut episodes. (D-C episodes are eps 21-26)

So I'd buy that, will be worth the money for improved EVA. Plus yeah, in Australia we have the crappy ADV DVD's anyway.

i download the episodes off the net weekly

www.animesuki.com and www.downloadanime.org tend to cover em

As long as they are un-licensed, or that would be ILLEGAL! *gasp*
But judging that you stopped once Chrno Crusade was licensed, you are a good boy. ;) :P

sabret00the
11 May 2004, 11:06
i got all the EVA's on VHS, leant em to my friend and never seen em since :(

Tony G
11 May 2004, 13:00
Ewww, VHS. :p

BTW, Full Metal Alchemist is now licensed by FUNimation. So yeah, they won't be available legally for much longer.

sabret00the
11 May 2004, 13:26
that sucks, i wanted to finish that series :(

Ewww, VHS. :pheh, he actually done me a favour ;)

Xenon
11 May 2004, 13:29
Well, why not recorded onto the HD, and then just gave him a copy? :p

sabret00the
11 May 2004, 13:38
because the special edition sounds to sexy to pass up :p

Tony G
12 May 2004, 10:21
Special Edition is worth a buy. Rid of all your old EVA DVD's while you can. :p

Brad
12 May 2004, 16:54
I'm not buying anymore of adv's crap, I spent over 2 months attempting to clean up that video source so I could encode my collection.

Honestly I would prefer vhs most days for encoding, less crap to deal with. I'm just ganna brush up on my japanese and import for now on. :)

Velocd
12 May 2004, 18:19
Full Metal Alchemist is now licensed by FUNimation. So yeah, they won't be available legally for much longer.

No fansubs are actually legal, respective of the producers that make the originals (whether there are written laws is unclear), but yes FMA wont be available so easily by those groups that respect American licensors.

Yet, this isn't going to stop other groups from subbing it, given the series large popularity. GunGrave was continued by AnimeOne long after it was licensed, InuYasha has been going almost 2 years after licensed, and the new Tenjou Tenge is another example.

Anyhow, its a shame Funimation, and not a better dubber like Pioneer (who did Cowboy Bebop) got hold of FMA. :\

sabret00the
12 May 2004, 18:25
i heard Tenjou got licensed but i weren't sure.

i thought the loophole was always there to be able to say i'm subbing into english for England based users for licensing anyway.

i know that AonE were contacted regarding a few old series they were subbing, and asked to stop by ADV themselves.

Maikeru
12 May 2004, 21:35
I enjoy anime lots. I go to a lot of anime forums too... ;-;

right now I'm watching some stuff on anime unleashed...stuff on adult swim...and toonami..tenchi muyo also entertains me.

I wish i had high speed...then I would be able to download anime.

Tony G
13 May 2004, 06:23
No fansubs are actually legal, respective of the producers that make the originals (whether there are written laws is unclear), but yes FMA wont be available so easily by those groups that respect American licensors.

Yet, this isn't going to stop other groups from subbing it, given the series large popularity. GunGrave was continued by AnimeOne long after it was licensed, InuYasha has been going almost 2 years after licensed, and the new Tenjou Tenge is another example.

Anyhow, its a shame Funimation, and not a better dubber like Pioneer (who did Cowboy Bebop) got hold of FMA. :\
Doesn't stop them from subbing them, but some people see it as illegal only once it has been licensed by a dubbing company.

I wouldn't judge the dubs from FUNi until you see the one for FMA. They are capable of producing a good dub, if they only pick the right VA's for the job. For DB/Z/GT, some voice actors are decent, but the cutting of scenes let them down a bit. For Fruits Basket, the VA's were just horrible.

Also, I don't like how they dub the OP/ED's of anime series. It's best to leave them in jap as 99.9% of the time they sound better in their original form.

Maikeru
13 May 2004, 13:04
Yeah, some of the DB/Z/GT voices were decent, but most of them didn't sound right. I think they should just make a channel for anime in japanese with subtitles, that might make them sound better.

Tony G
14 May 2004, 09:12
With channels, they would put them in english to attract a larger audience.

Charlie Argueta
14 May 2004, 14:21
On the local channels (and everything is on chinese)

DNAngel
Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X)
Astroboy
Saikano
Chobits

... I feel lazy, just check http://www.animax.com.tw and you will know what I often see.

But talking about manga:
Gamerz Heaven
XXXHolic
Saikano
Saint Seiya - Episode G

See Ya

Xenon
15 May 2004, 16:28
Yesterday, the brought El Hazard on TV
the whole bunch, but it was so crappy synchonized...

assassingod
15 May 2004, 17:37
Started watchin Sailor Moon again today. Good show :cool:

Tony G
15 May 2004, 23:36
Sailor Moon is the best. Loved it as a child, and love it now. :p

Xenon
15 May 2004, 23:55
nah, never liked that show...

But at the same time, there was an Anime on TV called "Attack No1"
That was nice ;)

pie
16 May 2004, 01:10
Sailor Moon is the best. Loved it as a child, and love it now. :pTechnically at 16 your still a child

the Final Fantasy manga series 'Final Fantasy Unlimited' is quite cool but the creators were handed the job with no love for the games, and the dubbing is really bad :(

Tony G
16 May 2004, 07:48
People associate 'teenager' or 'adolescent' with someone my age. 'child' is associated with people younger, and that is what I was referring to.

Ryan Ashbrook
16 May 2004, 15:01
Technically at 16 your still a child

the Final Fantasy manga series 'Final Fantasy Unlimited' is quite cool but the creators were handed the job with no love for the games, and the dubbing is really bad :(
I have Episode 1 on my computer but I have yet to watch.

I'veheard all over that FF:U was good.

Maikeru
16 May 2004, 16:24
Sailor Moon is the best. Loved it as a child, and love it now. :p
I love that show so much. It was my first anime. I wish I could still find it on TV somewhere :/

Brad
16 May 2004, 17:04
I love that show so much. It was my first anime. I wish I could still find it on TV somewhere :/
It's all over the place on my directv box, I don't know which chan's off the top of my head tho, not a fan of that show.

Tony G
17 May 2004, 13:34
You could buy the uncut Sailor Moon series 1 & 2 on DVD, but they discontinued back in March. I wish I got my hands on some SM Uncut DVD's.. :(

Ryan Ashbrook
17 May 2004, 19:24
It's all over the place on my directv box, I don't know which chan's off the top of my head tho, not a fan of that show.
I think Cartoon Network still shows them late at night.

Brad
17 May 2004, 19:48
I think Cartoon Network still shows them late at night.
I don't think so, I watch alot of late night cn (aqua teen, bebop (altho ive seen it all a millon times) and family guy). If you can't download or buy many dvd's they are running wolf's rain on cn on saturday nights, thats a real good anime altho I hav'nt seen the dub for myself yet.

Ryan Ashbrook
17 May 2004, 20:25
I don't think so, I watch alot of late night cn (aqua teen, bebop (altho ive seen it all a millon times) and family guy). If you can't download or buy many dvd's they are running wolf's rain on cn on saturday nights, thats a real good anime altho I hav'nt seen the dub for myself yet.
Ah well, all I know is that they used to show it.

Tony G
18 May 2004, 08:18
We have that in Australia too, but they only show what has been released in Australia, which is a few months behind US Releases as dub's initally are released in the US.

Maikeru
19 May 2004, 22:51
I hate how this discontinued it. It used to be on years ago when I was introduced to it...but they took it off the air before the final episodes.

Velocd
21 May 2004, 01:37
The new Samurai Champloo anime has started airing today.

By Shinichiro Watanabe, director of Cowboy Bebop.

I don't have any details of who is subbing it (it is licensed, but hell, somebody is bound to do it anyway), but RAWs are being distributed.

From the clip I have seen from the first episode, it looks absolutely bad ass. Should be an awesome series.

The clip:
http://toufqb.free.fr/momotato/pics/champloo.avi

sabret00the
21 May 2004, 11:25
saguiiiiiii!!!! looks awesome, i'll definately have to keep an eye out for that one.

Tony G
21 May 2004, 12:30
Anything by Watanabe turns out awesome. Will be watching out for it. :)

Daniel P
21 May 2004, 14:36
Ok lemme list mine:
-Naruto, subbed by ANBU-AonE
-Fullmetal Alchemist, formerly subbed by Akeep-ANBU, now subbed by Sonchou
Well that's all I'm following right now...

sabret00the
23 May 2004, 20:40
The new Samurai Champloo anime has started airing today.

By Shinichiro Watanabe, director of Cowboy Bebop.

I don't have any details of who is subbing it (it is licensed, but hell, somebody is bound to do it anyway), but RAWs are being distributed.

From the clip I have seen from the first episode, it looks absolutely bad ass. Should be an awesome series.

The clip:
http://toufqb.free.fr/momotato/pics/champloo.avi
what a magnificent series, i picked up the first sub today and it's so awesome, it's a great series and all i can say is i'm properly happy, thank you for putting me on to this :D

sonic3d
23 May 2004, 22:29
yeah i seen Samurai Champloo today and it kicked ass. Bakafish and Aoi-Anime are subbing and probably others.

l8er
sonic