|What is Board of the Month?
|Board of the Month, also known as BOTM, is a contest that awards members of operating a customized vBulletin award-winning site.
Any member who operates a custom vBulletin site is eligible for the Board of the Month award.
What determines the Board of the Month?
BOTM is based on a simple nomination system. The five boards with the most nominations within the month are entered into a final poll.
All licensed members are then able to vote for their favorite board amongst the five final modifications.
- Global Guidelines
- No rallying whatsoever is allowed either internally at vBulletin.org or externally. Any evidence proving this will result in disqualification.
- Any complaints/questions should be forwarded via Private Message to the vbulletin.org Administrators.
- If a candidate wins, the candidate is not eligible to enter the Board of the Month contest for another 12 months.
- All nominated boards must use vBulletin, open to all guests, and cannot contain or promote any adult and/or illegal material. Any boards that go against this rule will be disqualified immediately.
- The vBulletin team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate BOTM Rules and Guidelines. (Examples include sites about drugs and/or sex.). If you have any complaints please refer to clause 1.2
- vBulletin.org Staff may NOT nominate or second a board.
- Nomination Guidelines - The Board of the Month is run on a nomination system.
- Primary Nominations can only be made by the Site Owner or Administrator.
- Nominations must be seconded by at least another member.
- In the nomination thread, one may only nominate their board or second an already nominated board. Any other posts involving anything else will be deleted.
- Nominations will be voided if it is not seconded.
- When nominating please post:
- the URL to the forum,
- a short description of what makes your board stand out from a default vBulletin,
- and a reason for nomination that will motivate others to second the nomination. Promotional text will be edited accordingly.
- If the nominated forum is not available at the time of creation of the poll the next nominee in line will be selected to take its place.
- Sites that are in an active voting thread may NOT nominate themselves in the new Nomination thread.
- Every member may second up to a maximum of 3 nominated sites. All 3 seconds should be made in a single post. NOTE: Only the first post with a second will count.
- Poll Voting Guidelines
- The 5 boards that have the most seconded nominations will be placed in the poll in alphabetical order.
- The thread containing the poll will be closed to any replies to prevent influence.
- Voting is up to the voters; no one can force or rally a vote, please visit all nominated and vote for the best board, not the board that you are most familiar with. Please check for clause 1.2 of the Global Rules section above.
- Voting/Nomination Dates and Deadlines
- Board nominations will take place starting the first week of every month and ending on the last week.
- Board voting will take place the month after nominations have ended.
All times are GMT. The time now is 04:14.