|What is Modification of the Month?
|Modification of the Month, also known as MOTM, is a contest that awards coders who release modifications to the community.
Any ‘Add-On’ that adds functionality to a forum with PHP code is eligible for the Modification of the Month award. Any licensed member is eligible to nominate a modification for Modification of the Month.
What determines the Modification of the Month?
MOTM is based on a simple nomination system. The five modifications with the most nominations in a month’s time are automatically generated into a final poll. All licensed members are then able to vote for their favorite choice amongst the five final modifications.
How can I nominate a modification for the contest?
Members are allowed to nominate as many modifications every month as they wish, Nominations can also be cancelled during the month.
Every modification thread has a link under Mod Options titled: 'Nominate for MOTM' that allows you to nominate that modification.
- Global Guidelines:
- No coder may rally for nominations or votes for their modifications internally on vbulletin.org or externally. Any evidence proving this will result in the modifications disqualification from the contest.
- Coders are allowed to post a single link to the Modification of the Month poll in the modification thread that was nominated.
- Coders can NOT link to urls that automatically nominate or vote for their modification. Doing this will breach Global guidelines #1.
- Coders can NOT use the Update Modification feature to notify members to about Modification of the Month. This will result in an infraction and disqualification from the contest.
- Any complaints or questions should be queried privately to a vbulletin.org staff member via the Private message System.
All modifications nominated must adhere to the policies in place regarding Modifications at vbulletin.org.
- Nomination Guidelines:
- Members are allowed to nominate any number of modifications each month.
- Members can remove a nomination at any time prior to the vote being generated.
- Nomination counts are reset every month, and the nomination process continues as normal.
- Modifications currently in a vote cannot be nominated again the following month, once their vote has completed, they may be nominated again.
- Poll Voting Guidelines
- Voting is ultimately up to the voters. Be sure to take a close look at all the nominees and evaluate if the modification has improved your personal community. Judgment is based on one’s personal opinions – no one else’s.
- Voting/Nomination Dates and Deadlines
- Monthly polls are generated the first day of every month. Nominations will still be valid for that month until the poll is generated.
- The previous month’s winners will also be announced the first day of the next month.
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:12.