vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=233629

SnitchSeeker 25 Jan 2010 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jhonnyf (Post 1966225)
Thank You,

Ok, option to write a URL (THIS Disable THIS_SCRIPT) and highlight
Something else?? new Ideas? :D

Just to make sure you know what I mean, take vb.org for example. vBulletin 4.0 Modifications is a sub-forum to vBulletin Modifications. If I want to make "vb 4 Mods" it's own tab, then vBulletin 4.0 Modifications, and any post or thread or sub-forum (such as vBulletin 4.0 Add-ons, or vBulletin 4.0 Template Modifications) to it should show that tab (vb 4 Mods) as highlighted, and NOT the "Forums" tab. However all other forums, threads and posts (that are not made to tabs) should show the "Forums" tab as highlighted.

Or... if I were to make the whole forum section vBulletin Modifications into a tab called "vb Mods", then vBulletin Modifications, vBulletin 4.0 Modifications, as well as all threads, posts and other sub-forums should highlight the "vb Mods" tab and not the "Forums" tab. While all other forums (that are not tabs) would highlight the forums tab.

Comprende?

Yeah, I know it's complicated but I think several people are looking for exactly that. I hope you know what I mean. Sorry I suck at simplifications.

Good luck!! :D

EDIT: If it's easier, then for me it would be enough to limit it to allow only first-level forums as TABS (i.e. for vb.org, vBulletin 3 Discussion, vBulletin 4 Discussion, Community Discussion, etc). As long as all sub-forums, threads, posts, etc. under that forum would highlight the right tab, and not the Forums tab.

Demo16 25 Jan 2010 18:23

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I want to add for example the "reviews" tab. But this tab most be linked to a section, when I click this tab, I'm directed to the right section but the HOME tab is still highlighted and not the review one.

Am I doing something wrong?

Jhonnyf 25 Jan 2010 18:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by compuminus (Post 1966234)
If I do not add any new links to the top menu (and only use the hack to disable some of them, such as the what's new link), then I get the following PHP error:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/includes/class_bootstrap.php(283) : eval()'d code on line 111

I'm going to check that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by compuminus (Post 1966236)
Another bug: if the link title is longer than 20 characters it truncates the title at 20 characters.

Yes, I create the table with only 20 characters for tabs title... to little???

Jhonnyf 25 Jan 2010 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnitchSeeker (Post 1966252)
Just to make sure you know what I mean, take vb.org for example. vBulletin 4.0 Modifications is a sub-forum to vBulletin Modifications. If I want to make "vb 4 Mods" it's own tab, then vBulletin 4.0 Modifications, and any post or thread or sub-forum (such as vBulletin 4.0 Add-ons, or vBulletin 4.0 Template Modifications) to it should show that tab (vb 4 Mods) as highlighted, and NOT the "Forums" tab. However all other forums, threads and posts (that are not made to tabs) should show the "Forums" tab as highlighted.

Or... if I were to make the whole forum section vBulletin Modifications into a tab called "vb Mods", then vBulletin Modifications, vBulletin 4.0 Modifications, as well as all threads, posts and other sub-forums should highlight the "vb Mods" tab and not the "Forums" tab. While all other forums (that are not tabs) would highlight the forums tab.

Comprende?

Yeah, I know it's complicated but I think several people are looking for exactly that. I hope you know what I mean. Sorry I suck at simplifications.

Good luck!! :D

EDIT: If it's easier, then for me it would be enough to limit it to allow only first-level forums as TABS (i.e. for vb.org, vBulletin 3 Discussion, vBulletin 4 Discussion, Community Discussion, etc). As long as all sub-forums, threads, posts, etc. under that forum would highlight the right tab, and not the Forums tab.

I do that for vb3.X take a look here

http://www.villaforos.com/index.php?styleid=23
That it's a very, very old skin and many images are not avaible

Enter a forums, thread, etc, and look the TABs

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demo16 (Post 1966278)
Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I want to add for example the "reviews" tab. But this tab most be linked to a section, when I click this tab, I'm directed to the right section but the HOME tab is still highlighted and not the review one.

Am I doing something wrong?

Only Tabs with THIS_SCRIPT field can be highlighted, in the next version with URL

compuminus 25 Jan 2010 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jhonnyf (Post 1966283)
I'm going to check that.

Great, thanks! This is by far the best tab management addon. Very useful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jhonnyf (Post 1966283)
Yes, I create the table with only 20 characters for tabs title... to little???

well, just barely. I have one link that is 21 characters :)

Also, one other glitch I just noticed: when you have a drop-down menu, the styling of the mouseover appears incorrect. The tab link correctly changes color, but the background does not.

Demo16 25 Jan 2010 18:56

Jhonny, the THIS_SCRIPT field you talk about an inside page. how can I do this? I mean the review page is a section of the CMS so is inside the website but what do I have to put in the url and in THIS_SCRIPT field in order to make it work?

tnx

macjoshua 25 Jan 2010 18:59

1 Attachment(s)
I have uninstall this mod and know I have a bug in my admincp menu (see attachment)

skor 25 Jan 2010 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by skor (Post 1966162)
If I create a tab called "Business" with url to a section (i.e. content.php/11-business) of the cms and then use vbcms as THIS_SCRIPT, both the Home and Business tabs are highlighted if I navigate to Home or Business.

Can you help me fix this? Really liking this mod but double highlight looks strange.

Thank you!

Reading the posts, I am trying to see if the quoted characteristic is something that is being addressed in the next release?

Thank you!

Jhonnyf 25 Jan 2010 19:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by macjoshua (Post 1966308)
I have uninstall this mod and know I have a bug in my admincp menu (see attachment)

Delete the UPLOAD Files in your hosting, specialy
includes\xml\cpnav_evbs_sstab.xml

Skyrider 25 Jan 2010 20:10

Jhonnyf, nice update! Just wanted to share that I found a small issue..

When adding a new submenu, under "Groups NOT Allowed to see TAB" There is an empty table with "yes" / "no" as option in the right.

PS, how exactly does "THIS_SCRIPT" work?

skor 25 Jan 2010 21:12

2 Attachment(s)
There seems to be an issue with tabs sub links as follows:

1. I have created a menu tab ("Business") pointing to a section on my cms. For THIS_SCRIPT I put vbcms.
2. I then created a sub link called "Business Discussions" under the "Business" menu tab. I have no other sub menus under the business section (i.e I unchecked all boxes under the Sections to Display in Navbar Sub-Menu).
3. I do have sub menus to sections under my homepage of cms.
4. If I go to the homepage of the cms, the "Business Discussions" tab sub link shows up on top of the other sub menu items on the cms homepage.

I think it's related to my putting vbcms as THIS_SCRIPT when I created the menu tab to the section "Business". Also, as noted in a previous post, if I click the "Business" menu tab, both homepage and business tabs are highlighted.

The first attachment is shot of cms homepage. Note the overflow of sub menu links and double highlight of tabs.
The second attachment is shot of cms business section menu tab with the tab sub link created using mod cp.

SnitchSeeker 25 Jan 2010 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jhonnyf (Post 1966293)
I do that for vb3.X take a look here

http://www.villaforos.com/index.php?styleid=23
That it's a very, very old skin and many images are not avaible

Enter a forums, thread, etc, and look the TABs

That's EXACTLY What I need this to do with vb4. Is that possible? Looking forward to using it! I'm going to try to install this and see how it goes...
Edit: On second thought, I want to wait until the bugs are confirmed ironed out and I can get confirmation that this does what I have asked. If so, it's well worth the $30 or $40 I plan to donate. Cheers! :)

Skyrider 25 Jan 2010 22:07

Curious.. I see there is a limitation set on how many characters can be used in the menu name. Possible this can be increased to unlimited? It would be good so I can use HTML within the menu to make stuff bold and add color in it.

Jhonnyf 26 Jan 2010 00:11

- Ok, Title to 100 characters to TABS a MENU (more????)
- Fix Error when not have TABs
- Working to use URL (content.php?118) or URL+Parameter (content.php?118&page=1)

Something else?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnitchSeeker (Post 1966411)
That's EXACTLY What I need this to do with vb4. Is that possible? Looking forward to using it! I'm going to try to install this and see how it goes...
Edit: On second thought, I want to wait until the bugs are confirmed ironed out and I can get confirmation that this does what I have asked. If so, it's well worth the $30 or $40 I plan to donate. Cheers! :)

That use another kind of system, for example you should be set with forum do that the TAB be highlighted. you talk to hide categories too?

It's different to make highlighted when set a exactly URL (content.php?118) or URL+Parameter (content.php?118&page=1)

I can do that Opcion, but for the menor update (2.1) but I think that should be another hack (compatible with this mod) because I going to use extra fields in FORUM TABLE or Use another Own table

Demo16 26 Jan 2010 00:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demo16 (Post 1966306)
Jhonny, the THIS_SCRIPT field you talk about an inside page. how can I do this? I mean the review page is a section of the CMS so is inside the website but what do I have to put in the url and in THIS_SCRIPT field in order to make it work?

tnx

what about this? Highlights tab still not working for me.