vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=235271

Videx 06 Mar 2010 00:40

Yes, one of the least fun parts about installing mods is slogging through all the pages. But it's necessary. For one, many mods simply don't work, and you won't know unless you read all the pages (posts telling you it doesn't work quickly get buried by noobs asking why it doesn't work!).

Anyway, check your settings in AdminCP. You didn't mention that above, so it could be something simple like you have it turned off.

gamershell 06 Mar 2010 00:43

Oh how I wish it was a simple thing like I had it turned off! Tis not. I'm not retarded, just new to the whole thing. I'll figure it out :D

Jonluci 06 Mar 2010 01:12

Great Mod....installed it last night and loving it so far :)
I have some suggestions...to add to the chatbox :D

1. Easy access to EDIT, DELETE and other moderating commands.
2. A PM option will be great
3. Notification on new messages and new threads
4. Also a minimum number of characters needed to send a message

I dont know if these have been mentioned before. There is a whopping 55 pages O.o to go through :D
Hope to see the above implemented

michiganbaja 06 Mar 2010 01:27

One problem, can anyone help? Everything works fine except when a member first logs in it will keep saying loading and never actually load the chat. If you click to another area in the forum all is well but if you try to enter something into chat while it is stuck loading, it says this..

Quote:

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

archet1337 07 Mar 2010 07:55

shows up as

19 colors listed, 20 show up in the box and at completely random order. The default color isn't even specified in the list.

This really doesn't make any sense. Where am I going wrong?

Also, is there a way to have the smilies listed in order and not randomly when clicking the smily button?

Universal 07 Mar 2010 08:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by michiganbaja (Post 1998140)
One problem, can anyone help? Everything works fine except when a member first logs in it will keep saying loading and never actually load the chat. If you click to another area in the forum all is well but if you try to enter something into chat while it is stuck loading, it says this..

Try reverting all the VSA chat templates.

FASEOFMARS 07 Mar 2010 10:46

is their a way in which i can have it just display above the forums and can remove the link to the full chatbox in the navbar?

also how do i edit the name of chatbox to something of my liking?

thanks..

madotds 07 Mar 2010 11:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by cory_booth (Post 1992214)
Add an alert sound to new chats....

OK folks, this is not for the faint of heart and I know there must be a much easier way to do this, but until something better comes along....

BEFORE YOU BEGIN.

You'll need a wav file and access to your database.

STEP 1: UPDATE USER TABLE
Add new column of type "INT"
Name Column = "countvsachats"

STEP 2: MODIFY PLUGINS - (VSa - ChatBox - MN)

Find the following function "ccbmessages"
Add above: $vbulletin->db->show_errors();

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

STEP 3: Scroll down and find .... if ($vsacb_box_totalmessages>0)
Add above (notice here I am loading a chat.wav from images\misc - you'll need to upload a wav and change accordingly):

I have yet to try with FireFox but the idea is simple. Have a coulm in the user tabe keep track of the current amount of chats. When the chatbox refreshes, run a quick query to count the number of chats. If the chats in the query are larger than the entry in the user table - update the user table to match and fire off a sound.

I hope that there will be a good response to this and Valter might provide a similar solution?

Cheers for this! we were missing the BOING! and now it is back :) the whole process is not as daunting as it may seem at first :)

MaDavis

Videx 07 Mar 2010 13:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by FASEOFMARS (Post 1998984)
is their a way in which i can have it just display above the forums and can remove the link to the full chatbox in the navbar?

also how do i edit the name of chatbox to something of my liking?

thanks..

Setting the locations is in the options. There's also an option to disable the navbar link - the last one. Changing the name has already been covered: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...&postcount=399 .

Believe it or not, a very important part of installing any mod is taking the time to read through the entire thread for information. Yes, I know this becomes painful for popular mods, especially when people keep padding the thread with the same questions.

FASEOFMARS 07 Mar 2010 15:58

sorry i figured someone asked the question but their is 56 pages and i thought i would chance my arm and hopefully a gent like yourself would stop by and make my troubles a whole lot easier.. thanks a million!

Skreech94 07 Mar 2010 17:32

I'm sure this has been asked a lot and most of us would enjoy, can you add more command functions?
Examples:
/notice
/prune
/ban
and more things along those lines. It would be really nice for this chatbox and would make it perfect.

madotds 07 Mar 2010 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by cory_booth (Post 1992214)
Add an alert sound to new chats....

OK folks, this is not for the faint of heart and I know there must be a much easier way to do this, but until something better comes along....

BEFORE YOU BEGIN.

You'll need a wav file and access to your database.

STEP 1: UPDATE USER TABLE
Add new column of type "INT"
Name Column = "countvsachats"

I hope that there will be a good response to this and Valter might provide a similar solution?

Hi someone asked me how to add the column for this to there database so I have created a quick picturial HERE for anyone who would like to know. It is not as hard as it sounds :)

Hope it helps

MaDavis

princeedward 07 Mar 2010 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by madotds (Post 1999257)
Hi someone asked me how to add the column for this to there database so I have created a quick picturial HERE for anyone who would like to know. It is not as hard as it sounds :)

Hope it helps

MaDavis

what a nice step by step add-ons tutorial out there mate...thanks a lot for the time you've spent...

but still confused about this thing here

STEP 2: MODIFY PLUGINS - (VSa - ChatBox - MN)
FIND THE FOLLOWING FUNCTIONS "ccbmessages"

ADD ABOVE: THIS ONE? >>> $vbulletin->db->show_errors(); OR WHAT?

AND WHAT IS THIS CODE BELOW?

STEP 3: SCROLL DOWN AND FIND .... if ($vsacb_box_totalmessages>0)

ADD ABOVE: >>> (notice here I am loading a chat.wav from images\misc - you'll need to upload a wav and change accordingly):

tried to think to make this work still no luck...

:confused: hmmm...

madotds 07 Mar 2010 20:20

Just shooting some noobs on xbox and then i will make an addon to that post buddy ;)

madotds 07 Mar 2010 20:48

Ok the easiest way to do this is to go to the plugin we need to edit in this case
“VSa - ChatBox – MN”
How? Admincp>>> Plugin and products>>>>Plugin manager Scroll down and find the VSa-Chatbox-MN plugin and next to that click edit.

Select everything in the php code box and copy it to a text editor of your choice ( I use notepad++ )

Once there you can use the find function and look for

And add on the line above it (copy and paste)

Then use the search function again to find

And on the line above that add (copy and paste) the next bit of code

Once you have done that you can copy the whole lot back from your text editor into the plugin phpcode box replacing the original code and click save.

You then need to find a good wav file. you can TRY HERE and upload it to your images/misc folder ( make sure and name it "chat.wav )

Hope this helps
Mark