vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=241301

grc 28 Apr 2010 13:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by FractalizeR (Post 2028433)
No. If there is nothing in your moderation queue, empty item is not displayed in menu. Do you have unmoderated users right now?

Thanks for the response. I've updated to the current release and reactived the mod. I'm only going to use it for notifications of new registrations, so I'll have to wait for someone new to come along (we get a few a day).

The reason I was under the impression that, if activated, I'd see information listed under "Notifications" with our without items to moderate is because of the wording in the options:
Show notification even if count is zero
Text will be shown in notifications area even if there is nothing to notificate about (0)
I see that as saying that there will be information under notifications even if there is nothing pending. Please understand, I'm okay with it either way, just that I had that impression based on that option.

Also, I'll mention that I'm rather sensitive to "supported" or "not supported" right now because of the way the coder of the "Thanks" mod has just discontinued support leaving many users with a mod missing several features that weren't upgraded for vB4.

Thanks for your support of your nice mod!

FractalizeR 28 Apr 2010 14:02

Yea, Abe1 disappointed me as well. I am slowly switching to Helpful answers mod instead because of that.

I will check how options affect mod behaviour, thanks for bug report. Stay tuned.

FractalizeR 28 Apr 2010 14:08

Quote:

I see that as saying that there will be information under notifications even if there is nothing pending. Please understand, I'm okay with it either way, just that I had that impression based on that option.
I've searched VBulletin code and it seems, VBulletin now hides notifications with 0 items count itself:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

It seems, that I should remove that option from plugin.

FractalizeR 28 Apr 2010 14:16

Ok, non-working option removed. Russian translation fixed.

Please don't forget to click Installed if you installed my mod.

grc 28 Apr 2010 15:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by FractalizeR (Post 2028519)
Yea, Abe1 disappointed me as well. I am slowly switching to Helpful answers mod instead because of that.

I will check how options affect mod behaviour, thanks for bug report. Stay tuned.

Let me report back that your mod is working fine for me. The only thing moderated on our forum is registration so I had to wait till a couple of new ones came in to know for sure, but the notification worked just fine. Thanks!

An aside, how hard do you think it would be to get search capability going on the Thanks mod? Since it was working before the upgrade to vB4, I'd think (easy for me, a non coder to say) it wouldn't be that hard to get to working.

chriske 28 Apr 2010 17:00

Thanks for this mod, thats excatly what i need!

installed & rated

wampforum 28 Apr 2010 19:36

installed thanks. any way this can notify of articles awaiting moderation?

FractalizeR 29 Apr 2010 10:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by wampforum (Post 2028652)
installed thanks. any way this can notify of articles awaiting moderation?

I didn't use CMS yet. I will have a look, but a little later.

Quote:

Originally Posted by grc
An aside, how hard do you think it would be to get search capability going on the Thanks mod? Since it was working before the upgrade to vB4, I'd think (easy for me, a non coder to say) it wouldn't be that hard to get to working.

I am not sure, I will try to have a look. It looks a bit complex for me. But it seems, that forum rules prohibit to rerelease modifications... :( May be I can try to release a patch.

RedDevil 01 May 2010 10:03

I installed this now its putting posts in moderation from my rss feeds which it wasnt happening before so ive temp disabled it now posts normal, any idea what this is?

FractalizeR 02 May 2010 14:14

This mod doesn't change database structure at all. It just reads it to determine the items, waiting for moderation. So, it can't put anything to moderation queue itself.

Skyrider 03 May 2010 10:00

That's weird. It says in my notifications that 3 threads are awaiting moderation. But when I click it, no threads are showing up. And when I check the AdminCP it says:

Quote:

Threads to Moderate - 0

Julie 03 May 2010 12:48

Mine says I have two threads waiting, but there are no threads awaiting moderation...

FractalizeR 03 May 2010 18:03

Thanks for reporting, I will check.

Brandon Sheley 03 May 2010 18:05

nice mod, very helpful
will bookmark this for my 4.0 installs :)

FractalizeR 03 May 2010 18:10

Can these posts be deleted before you had a chance to look into them?