vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=277166

Mukashi 19 Jan 2012 02:26

Tried it on our 4.1.10 test forum. After enabling it on forumhome, the forum home simply didn't load, and would stall at loading forever. Turning it off brings things back to normal. Will keep an eye on this, but for some reason it's just not co-operating with our setup right now.

New Joe 19 Jan 2012 03:06

I've set it to pull 5 Contents I've set up but it will only pull into the slider 2 of them.

Also it could really do with some sort of picture re size built into it, the pictures it pulls come through way to big
This is the same when you pull them to the slider via a Thread or Article

DragonByte Tech 19 Jan 2012 03:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mukashi (Post 2289674)
Tried it on our 4.1.10 test forum. After enabling it on forumhome, the forum home simply didn't load, and would stall at loading forever. Turning it off brings things back to normal. Will keep an eye on this, but for some reason it's just not co-operating with our setup right now.

Have you tried re-uploading the files and/or reimporting the product? I've seen this happen once or twice during testing and development, but could never figure out why. It was always fixed by re-uploading the files and reimporting the product.

It shouldn't causing that extreme of issues, but do you have any other jQuery mods installed? In the cases that I have seen with conflicts with other jQuery mods, the slider will still load, but nothing will show up.

If you can narrow it down in anyway, I will work to try to figure out the issue.

Brad

DragonByte Tech 19 Jan 2012 03:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by New Joe (Post 2289690)
I've set it to pull 5 Contents I've set up but it will only pull into the slider 2 of them.

Also it could really do with some sort of picture re size built into it, the pictures it pulls come through way to big
This is the same when you pull them to the slider via a Thread or Article

Are you sure you have the content types active, as well as set to display in the appropriate location? Each custom content type (that's what I'm assuming you are talking about) can be independently disabled, as well as independently be shown on either forumhome, the cms, or both. I'd check those, and if you still have issues, let me know.

As far as the image resizing goes, that is on the list of things to fix for a future version. I'm just trying to figure out the best way to go about it, considering the size of the slider can be so different between different sites.

Brad

New Joe 19 Jan 2012 03:39

Yes, it was just delayed in showing after I made them, all showing now thanks

Although as it's pulling the images from an outside url the quality of the pictures are really low.
Not sure why.

Mr_Running 19 Jan 2012 03:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mukashi (Post 2289674)

What Internet browser do you use?

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

ThailandTopper 19 Jan 2012 03:58

I installed it on a 4.1.3 and a 4.1.10 forum with zero issues. A very cool mod.

DragonByte Tech 19 Jan 2012 04:20

v1.0.6 is now available which fixes the ACP issue for the Suite when either the CMS or Blogs is disabled.

Brad

Mukashi 19 Jan 2012 05:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonByte Tech (Post 2289697)
Have you tried re-uploading the files and/or reimporting the product? I've seen this happen once or twice during testing and development, but could never figure out why. It was always fixed by re-uploading the files and reimporting the product.

First thing I tried, made no difference.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonByte Tech (Post 2289697)
It shouldn't causing that extreme of issues, but do you have any other jQuery mods installed? In the cases that I have seen with conflicts with other jQuery mods, the slider will still load, but nothing will show up.

No other jQuery using mods that I'm aware of. Our mod list is quite extensive, so narrowing it down might be a little tough. I'll try the update here in the morning, see if it fixes things.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Running (Post 2289702)
What Internet browser do you use?

We tried it on Firefox, Chrome, Safari and IE, from the computers of multiple staff members in different countries. Same issue was experienced by all.

ProFifaLeagues 19 Jan 2012 11:08

Works A1 thanks again Dbt

ProFifaLeagues 19 Jan 2012 14:14

Is there a way to add extra image backgrounds to the Slider ??

Ok now thanks got them showing just a little wait before they were Ready :)

Again a class mod thank you

mitch84 19 Jan 2012 15:26

the pictures appear in real size or resize? thx

ProFifaLeagues 19 Jan 2012 15:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitch84 (Post 2289856)

In real size mate.
I just kept mine to the same as the Original and they look Sweet

bada_bing 19 Jan 2012 22:16

I have installed this on vb 4.19 with no error and after configuring it (adding forums, etc) I dont see anything except the copyright message ?

DragonByte Tech 19 Jan 2012 22:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitch84 (Post 2289856)

Currently they actually resize to the slider width. I am trying to determine the best way to figure out sizing for a future release.

Brad