vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=277545

[DavidsMods] vBLive Lite - Global User Statuses and Site Stream!
by DavidsMods
25 Jan 2012 17:37

6 Attachment(s)
vBLive
DavidsMods is proud to present vBLive. Bring your forum alive with Facebook like status updates and a live stream of site activity! This mod boosts user activity by providing live updates of user activity in a convenient area along with the ability to update their thoughts globally throughout your forum

----------------------------------------------------------------------

If you enjoy our mod, please consider marking it as "Installed" and/or nominating it for Mod of the Month.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Further information and priority support can be found at http://www.davidsmods.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Features (Pro & Lite)
  • Lite
    • Global user status updates.
    • User status display in user profiles.
    • User status display in user postbits.
    • User status updates posted to site stream.
    • New threads posted to the site stream.
    • Forum block which display latest X streams.
    • Automatic refreshing of the site stream.
    • Option to set maximum amount of characters allowed for statuses.
    • Option to set which forums new thread/reply streams should be allowed in.
    • Option to set the refresh rate of the site stream.
  • Pro
    • New registrations posted to the site stream.
    • New thread replies posted to the site stream.
    • New friends posted to the site stream.
    • New calendar events posted to the site stream.
    • New CMS comments posted to the site stream.
    • New calendar events posted to the site stream.
    • New private messages posted to the personal site stream.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright
Small linkback to DavidsMods.com may be added to footer.

steviewonder44 25 Jan 2012 19:49

Thanks alot good mod

AURFSCAN 25 Jan 2012 20:41

any screens for admin options? Usergroup otions? can you disable status as i have another mod doing that and just have the stream?

tagged and will go pro for sure..

@simonhind.. since you prefer the other one, please stop posting in this thread .. your not welcome .. thanks

DavidsMods 25 Jan 2012 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by AURFSCAN (Post 2292377)
any screens for admin options? Usergroup otions? can you disable status as i have another mod doing that and just have the stream?

tagged and will go pro for sure..

@simonhind.. since you prefer the other one, please stop posting in this thread .. your not welcome .. thanks

Hey,

Not many admin options at the moment. The next version (released in a few days hopefully) will contain options to allow usergroups to update status, ban certain users, limit characters per status amongst other things.

I hope this answers your question!

- David

Schoelle 25 Jan 2012 21:22

Will the stream with the new threads and posts only work on a separate page?
I would like to have it as a collapsable box on forumhome. Would that be possible?

DavidsMods 25 Jan 2012 21:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schoelle (Post 2292395)
Will the stream with the new threads and posts only work on a separate page?
I would like to have it as a collapsable box on forumhome. Would that be possible?

That certainly is very possible! I will look into it! :)

- David

pete_brady 25 Jan 2012 21:27

is it possible to (easily) move / extend the input box?

HMBeaty 25 Jan 2012 21:29

Might even be better as a forum block ;) Just another suggestion :D

DavidsMods 25 Jan 2012 21:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by pete_brady (Post 2292398)
is it possible to (easily) move / extend the input box?

You can increase it's size by opening the dmods_live_statusbox_small template and replacing size="6" to something like size="12".

Hope this helps! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMBeaty (Post 2292400)
Might even be better as a forum block ;) Just another suggestion :D

Indeed! :D


- David

Schoelle 25 Jan 2012 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMBeaty (Post 2292400)
Might even be better as a forum block ;) Just another suggestion :D

+1 :)

Katoona 25 Jan 2012 22:34

I just installed this mod on VB version 4.1.8, but the Stream and Status does not update.

If I enter something in Status on top, it still says "user has no status", and nothing happens in the Live Stream even if someone is posting threads/posts.

Do I have to upgrade to 4.1.10 to have this mod working?

DavidsMods 25 Jan 2012 22:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katoona (Post 2292418)
I just installed this mod on VB version 4.1.8, but the Stream and Status does not update.

If I enter something in Status on top, it still says "user has no status", and nothing happens in the Live Stream even if someone is posting threads/posts.

Do I have to upgrade to 4.1.10 to have this mod working?

The streams for threads/posts are currently Pro only but these probably will be moved to Lite in a future Beta version.

As for the status issue, could you PM me a link and test account for your site so I can investigate? :)

- David

pete_brady 25 Jan 2012 22:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidsMods (Post 2292402)
You can increase it's size by opening the dmods_live_statusbox_small template and replacing size="6" to something like size="12".

Hope this helps! :)

can the location of the box be changed?

DavidsMods 25 Jan 2012 22:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by pete_brady (Post 2292437)
can the location of the box be changed?

Not at the moment. I'll see if I can add a method of manually moving the location for a future version!

- David

pete_brady 25 Jan 2012 23:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidsMods (Post 2292443)
Not at the moment. I'll see if I can add a method of manually moving the location for a future version!

- David

thanks.


All times are GMT. The time now is 13:51.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.