vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=62164

Stryker412 14 Aug 2008 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by ComputerVitals (Post 1598700)
Name of the chatbar is in the code you added to the template. You can remove the phrase and add what you would like to say.

As for the input text, I'm not sure, but I imagine if you look in your plugin manager you should be able to edit the plugin to change the text...
But before you do that. Check the options for the chatbox in the ACP.

Maybe I added the wrong code from the readme. This is what I have.

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

ForgotenDynasty 16 Aug 2008 03:20

i have my vbulletin in the /forums directory
and i want this to appear in the /developers directory where would i put the ../forums?

soundbarrierpro 18 Aug 2008 23:07

I would like to have a youtube rip box from something like keepvid.com within my powered page. How do I get the keepvid page to be part of my vbulletin powered page? I hope that makes sense. Kind of like adding my template around their rip page.

Digital Jedi 19 Aug 2008 04:34

For external content you'd just use an iframe.

soundbarrierpro 19 Aug 2008 12:46

Thanks DJ,

Lets say I wanted to add http://www.site.com as the site I want to be framed with my template. How would I implement that into the code below:

Stryker412 19 Aug 2008 13:04

Where it says TEXT, you put this in:

You can change the settings to suit your needs.

soundbarrierpro 19 Aug 2008 13:30

Splendid. Working perfectly. Many thanks.

Great Hack =)
by kleinschwanz
21 Aug 2008 01:10

I really enjoy this hack, thank you for offering it.

well, I have an issue that is not sooo important maybe.

I have created my own pages within the forums directory and everything went just great.

Now when I created some pages in the parent directory and pulled the information there everything went fine too EXCEPT when I look at the pages with Internet Explorer.
In IE it does not show the welcome box correct. in the external page I seem to be not logged in.

Strange is thatI can use the login box for logging in and as I have set a redirector it will log me in and redirect me tothe forumhome.
I am logged in there then, but when I enter the external pages again I seem to be logged out =(

In Firefox everything works perfect though =) so it must be one of the issues of IE again...

anyone an idea? Internet Explorer is the whip to hurt Web Developers...

Mondi 23 Aug 2008 09:46

Guys, I've now read the first and last twenty pages of this article and still cannot find a solution to the problem I am encountering. Bear in mind: you're not talking to an expert coder but I know how to work the occasional miracle.

Ok: this is my case:

Forum root: [domain]/knowledge_share/upload/index.php

Now I'd like to add a page, named 'index.php' and created through this article, two levels higher, effectively creating a home page:

[domain]/index.php

Template: achieved through vb admincp
'test.php' as configured and described on first page of this article, now called 'index.php' and uploaded to appropriate location, including following change:

/REQUIRE BACK-END
chdir ('/home/[domain]/public.html/knowledge_share/upload');
require('./global.php');

What changes must I make to what's now called 'index.php' to make this affair work?

Cheers to anyone willing to shed her/his wisdom onto this...

PS: If discussions on this stuff escaped my attention, it's not because of lack of effort on my part. Simply didn't see it. Didn't run first-off to the 'Reply To Thread' box without doing some searching......

The Coon 30 Aug 2008 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stryker412 (Post 1602252)
Where it says TEXT, you put this in:

Thanks a lot !!! For all ...

See 834
by Mondi
30 Aug 2008 21:38

Anyone?

azn_romeo_4u 03 Sep 2008 15:57

Anyone know how to do a login form? Everytime I use the example and use the login, it doesn't work. It just reloads the page.

Daisyboo 05 Sep 2008 12:17

Thanks for this mod, took me a while to 'get' what to do but now I got it and its easy :)

LAJAURIA 22 Sep 2008 09:14

It doesn't work for me.

It shows me:

Quote:

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /www/buforo.com/htdocs/intercambio.php on line 2

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /www/buforo.com/htdocs/intercambio.php on line 2

Digital Jedi 22 Sep 2008 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by LAJAURIA (Post 1627547)
It doesn't work for me.

It shows me:

You probably deleted an ' when editing the file.