vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=91685

Display Reputation Comments You Have Given
by Paul M
05 Jul 2005 22:56

3 Attachment(s)
This modification is no longer supported.
It will remain available for download and use, but the thread is no longer monitored.

This shows members who their last few reputation comments have been given to - in the same manner as their received comments. The list is collapsable. The users current repping power is also displayed, in the same manner as their points total. The number of comments to display is a setting in the reputation section of vb Options.

History:

v2.31 : Converted to Product.
v2.32 : Fixed display to turn off when reputation is disabled.
v2.33 : Minor changes, no update necessary.

.Tim 05 Jul 2005 23:46

Sweet! I converted the 3.0 version for my board since it was in such high demand but it's nice to have a plug in version now. *does happy dance*

Kirk Y 06 Jul 2005 01:41

Great idea. *Improvises his own happy dance*

Dream 06 Jul 2005 03:19

great one thanks for sharing

ive been wanting to draw some attention to the reputation system, already raised everyone's reputation power, and this is a great addition

edit: im thinking about making a "view all" link. would you use it/make it/not use it paul?

Azhrialilu 06 Jul 2005 08:41

I've just put this one on beta 3, but it's not showing up anywhere... it's listed as being installed, I've made the template addition and edit... I even spent 10 minutes giving people reputation and both them and me checking to see if it showed up anywhere.... I'm pretty sure it's me who's missing something and being dim, but any ideas? :D

Paul M 06 Jul 2005 08:54

Does the account you are using have display reputation turned off ?

Azhrialilu 06 Jul 2005 08:56

Nope... I thought that and went in and reset all the rep for every usergroup so they can't switch it off.

Chris M 06 Jul 2005 12:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azhrialilu
Nope... I thought that and went in and reset all the rep for every usergroup so they can't switch it off.

Same - Not showing -.-

Satan

Paul M 06 Jul 2005 18:07

Sorry but you both need to be more specific - what exactly is not showing ?

This appears in the usercp, above the reputation received display.

A cannot look at your forum(s) without a link, and test account, since obviously only members can see this.

Paul M 06 Jul 2005 18:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dream
edit: im thinking about making a "view all" link. would you use it/make it/not use it paul?

Not use - 'view all' on our forum would give a list well over a thousand in some cases.

Dream 06 Jul 2005 18:17

any problem if I do it and release?

Azhrialilu 06 Jul 2005 18:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M
Sorry but you both need to be more specific - what exactly is not showing ?

This appears in the usercp, above the reputation received display.

A cannot look at your forum(s) without a link, and test account, since obviously only members can see this.

I'm not really sure how much more specific I can get than it's not showing up anywhere :D... nothing shows up, zilch, zero, nada ;) not above the reputation received, below it, to the left or to the right *grin*

(I'm sorry, I'm being flippant I know.. it's not really directed at you.. but it's be humorous or kill the kids right now :) )

But come to think on it, neither is reputation received display showing up.. so that could be the problem..... let me have a look into that, then if I can't figure it out I'll make up a test account :D

Thanks for the quick responses so far tho, Paul.. it really is appreciated (I'm sure my flippantness didn't convey that earlier in this same post!)

Paul M 06 Jul 2005 19:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azhrialilu
But come to think on it, neither is reputation received display showing up.. so that could be the problem..... let me have a look into that, then if I can't figure it out I'll make up a test account :D

The display of both is controlled by this IF in the USERCP template ;

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Are you absolutely certain that the account you are using has "Show My Reputation Level" ticked in the usercp > edit options ?

If so, try taking the above IF line out (you will also need to remove the "</if>" which is shown here ;

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Azhrialilu 06 Jul 2005 19:34

Removing that condition did indeed fix the problem.. now both reputation given and received is showing up! :)

Thanks loads, Paul.. you're a star :D

//Edit//
And you live approximately 10 miles away from me LOL. Just noticed that and had to point it out ;)

Paul M 06 Jul 2005 20:00

Hmm, having looked at this - it's a problem with using hooks rather than file edits. :(

The $show variable is set to 'true' as it should be, but after you drop out of the hook it's reset to 'false' again (if you have received comments it will get set to true again, otherwise it won't, and the display will fail).

I can get round it with a bit of extra code, but my test site is offline atm, I'll do it when my test forum is back up (later hopefully) and get you and Chris to test it.