Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 24 Oct 2007, 19:38

Talking Coder and Designer Appreciation Thread

So, here goes. After reading the latest thread here in the Community Lounge I realized just how much a thread like this is needed to at least give somewhat back to the coders and designers who support vbulletin.org. This site is owned by Jelsoft. In the end however this site would be NOTHING without the coders and designers who release their modifications for users. I personally do not know how to code, and I am not ashamed to admit that I am too lazy/busy to take the time and learn how to code. However, I have a strong appreciation for the coders who take their precious time to release modifications for this platform we all love so dearly. So, this thread is here for one main reason.

1. If you have installed any hacks here on vBulletin.org just take a quick second to say thanks to the coders/designers who have released that hack for you. You do not even have to say each coders individual name if you do not like..as I know for one I have installed TONS of peoples modifications. However, just say thanks and in the end it will definitely help the morale of this site..I would like to think at least.

Once again, thanks a lot coders/designers and I hope you know that without you guys this site would be missing quite a lot. In more ways than one .

Thanks,
~BigCurt

P.S. Thanks for the sticky vBulletin.org - hopefully this thread can last for quite some time .
Just wanna ask a vB related question contact me.

Last edited by bigcurt : 25 Oct 2007 at 18:47.
Old 24 Oct 2007, 20:00

Great idea, BigCurt!

I would like to say thank you to all coders/designers here for providing this community with fantastic modifications! You have my deepest respect!

Thank you, Guys and Gals!!
Old 24 Oct 2007, 20:26

not only a thanks to the codders but a shout out to vbulletin. vb.org and the contributers here are the reason i use vb. w/o them it has nothing over the competion. product and plugins is a nice feature but useless w/o the coders here to make somthing to use that feature. vb is what it is because of the codders imo.
Old 24 Oct 2007, 20:27

Yes, thank you coders/designers.
Old 24 Oct 2007, 20:52

i wanna also thank all the people who wrote there articles and share so there knowledge
without them i think many users wouldn start to code or it would be harder
Old 24 Oct 2007, 23:22

Brings a tear to my eyes...

/me grabs a tissue
Old 24 Oct 2007, 23:49

Originally Posted by Kirk Y View Post
Brings a tear to my eyes...

* Kirk Y grabs a tissue
It brings a tear to my eyes for all the wrong reasons. If you think for one second that all it takes is a appreciation thread to be created and stickied to make coders feel better about themselves your very much mistaken.

It will take alot more than a sticky piece of writing to keep valued contributors of the community here. It's very worrying that a certain thread which was created enduced this thread to be created and made stickied. It's a desperation thread to keep coders here that may not or are unable to remain for the long haul. They'll leave regardless of any incentive or silly stickied threads.
Old 25 Oct 2007, 00:17

Why are you still here exactly ?

Lead Developer, vBulletin.Org & vBulletin.Com
Please do not PM me about custom work - I no longer undertake any.

Note: I will not answer support questions via e-mail or PM - please use the relevant thread or forum.
Cable Forum - DigiGuide
Old 25 Oct 2007, 00:19

Contributing paul, contributing.
Old 25 Oct 2007, 00:21

Originally Posted by Shelley_c View Post
It brings a tear to my eyes for all the wrong reasons. If you think for one second that all it takes is a appreciation thread to be created and stickied to make coders feel better about themselves your very much mistaken.

It will take alot more than a sticky piece of writing to keep valued contributors of the community here. It's very worrying that a certain thread which was created enduced this thread to be created and made stickied. It's a desperation thread to keep coders here that may not or are unable to remain for the long haul. They'll leave regardless of any incentive or silly stickied threads.
A desperation thread?

You are making way to big a deal over something you yourself call a 'silly stickied thread.' This is just to promote a fun community atmosphere, and it isn't doing any harm (as opposed to downright negative posts with no constructive value).

We are not forcing anyone to stay here. If you have any constructive suggestions, they are always welcome in the suggestion forum.

Twitter Blog
Old 25 Oct 2007, 02:53

Originally Posted by Shelley_c View Post

It is better than what coders are getting right now; nothing. There are people everywhere who do tons of things for different communities around the world and all they want are a simple thank you. Of course, some people don't which is why I also offered to edit the thread to have coders paypal's etc..as you never know what could help. Either way though, your opinions are your opinions even though they seem extremely pessimistic. It is comments like that which make communities fail. As my mother and mothers' around the world said, "If you can't say anything nice, then just keep your mouth shut."

Thanks for the sticky by the way

~BigCurt
Just wanna ask a vB related question contact me.
Old 25 Oct 2007, 03:46

You should say Coders AND Designers. Its like your fogetting the styles section
Old 25 Oct 2007, 03:51

Designers do more than create styles...

Check my hacks to see which ones are marked as re-usable.

Please do not contact me through my site for vBulletin matters. These issues should be handled on vBulletin sites. I am not the only person who handles the contact us mail for my site.
Old 25 Oct 2007, 04:01

Originally Posted by davidw View Post
Designers do more than create styles...
Well yea, but you get my point
Old 25 Oct 2007, 05:32

I want to thank those who help me before.

Shazz is by buddy <3