Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
[rellect] Automatic Products Update Check Details »»
[rellect] Automatic Products Update Check
Mod Version: 2.0.0, by rellect (Coder) rellect is offline
Developer Last Online: Dec 2014 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 3.8.x Rating: (5 votes - 5.00 average) Installs: 18
Released: 04 Feb 2012 Last Update: 01 Nov 2014 Downloads: 65
Supported Uses Plugins Translations  

Automatic Products Update Check

If you installed this mod, please "Mark as Installed".

Every forum owner installs quite many mods to improve the system and add necessary functions. What's important is to keep your mods updated to avoid issues and security bugs.
When time pass, you forget to check your mods. Sometimes it just too much effort to check each mod manually.

What's the solution?
An automatic process that will do that for you and inform you when you're running an old version.

Compatibility:
vBulleting 3: 3.6.0 and newer.
vBulleting 4: 4.0.0 and newer.

Installations:
You don't have to change anything in the templates/files, just upload the plugin and that's all.
AdminCP > Plugins & Products > Manage Products > [Add/Import Product]

History:
  • [04-02-12] v1.0:
    - First Release
  • [17-05-12] v1.5:
    - Added cache
    - New Settings: Enable/Disable, Cache time
    - Fixed the delay to load the admincp (checking for updates is now running in the background)
  • [01-11-14] v2.0:
    - Code optimization, get results from vb.org faster
    - No longer checking updates for disabled products

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	admincp.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	136305

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
[rellect] Automatic Products Update Check rellect vBulletin 4.x Add-ons 39 01 Nov 2014 16:04
Updated products list in admincp home rellect Modification Graveyard 1 17 May 2012 17:30

Comments
  #2  
Old 05 Feb 2012, 11:09
rainyleaves rainyleaves is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Thanks for your Mod.

I got this error.
Please fix...

Database error in vBulletin 3.8.2:

Invalid SQL:
SELECT COUNT(host) AS sessions FROM *****_session WHERE userid = 0 AND lastactivity > 1328438828;

MySQL Error : MySQL server has gone away
Error Number : 2006
Request Date : Sunday, February 5th 2012 @ 08:02:08 PM
Error Date : Sunday, February 5th 2012 @ 08:03:56 PM
Script : http://www.*****.com/forums/admincp/index.php?do=home
Referrer : http://www.*****.com/forums/admincp/index.php
IP Address : *****
Username : *****
Classname : vB_Database
MySQL Version :
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05 Feb 2012, 12:30
TEMPESTADE TEMPESTADE is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
thanks but works flawlessly on my 3.8.7 board
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05 Feb 2012, 14:01
rellect's Avatar
rellect rellect is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Real name: Refael Iliaguyev
Originally Posted by rainyleaves View Post
Thanks for your Mod.

I got this error.
Please fix...
I can't confirm this issue with my 3.8 but I have an idea why you see it.
To check for updates it require to get info from external site.
If you have a lot of installed mods, sometimes the server can't complete the request.
I will work on solution for this, but you can also change the wait_timeout in mysql config file.

sometimes all you have to do it just refresh the page.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05 Feb 2012, 14:24
Black Tiger's Avatar
Black Tiger Black Tiger is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
In fact I don't need this mod, because with every installed mod I have both notification settings activated (manual and automatically).
But I will install it in any case just to be sure, when I miss an email, or forget about it, the admincp will stil remind me then. So it's a great mod!

Does it also warn when a mod is placed in the graveyard due to security issues? Or is it possible to build this in as a feature?
__________________
Greetings, Black Tiger
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05 Feb 2012, 14:57
rellect's Avatar
rellect rellect is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Real name: Refael Iliaguyev
Originally Posted by Black Tiger View Post
In fact I don't need this mod, because with every installed mod I have both notification settings activated (manual and automatically).
But I will install it in any case just to be sure, when I miss an email, or forget about it, the admincp will stil remind me then. So it's a great mod!

Does it also warn when a mod is placed in the graveyard due to security issues? Or is it possible to build this in as a feature?
welcome.
About your question - No and it impossible to do it. it just display mods that not up-to-date.
vb.org supply only the latest version code, but it doesn't contain any other information so I can't check if the update contain security issues fixes.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06 Feb 2012, 11:36
rainyleaves rainyleaves is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Originally Posted by RellecT View Post
I can't confirm this issue with my 3.8 but I have an idea why you see it.
To check for updates it require to get info from external site.
If you have a lot of installed mods, sometimes the server can't complete the request.
I will work on solution for this, but you can also change the wait_timeout in mysql config file.

sometimes all you have to do it just refresh the page.
Thanks, I will check it again.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06 Feb 2012, 12:34
Blackheart_72 Blackheart_72 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Real name: Craig
Is there a way to stop it from informing of mod updates when a version for VB4 is released or updated. I am still on VB3 with no plans to upgrade.

Cheers.
__________________
LBG- Forum for the more Laidback Gamer
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06 Feb 2012, 13:19
rellect's Avatar
rellect rellect is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Real name: Refael Iliaguyev
Originally Posted by Blackheart_72 View Post
Is there a way to stop it from informing of mod updates when a version for VB4 is released or updated. I am still on VB3 with no plans to upgrade.

Cheers.
Sorry, I can only get the latest available version code. I can't check if it for vb3 or vb4.
Anyway, mods for vb4 should be in seperate thread. The only way to avoid this it ask the developer to open a seperate thread for his vb4 update.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06 Feb 2012, 13:26
Blackheart_72 Blackheart_72 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Real name: Craig
Originally Posted by RellecT View Post
Sorry, I can only get the latest available version code. I can't check if it for vb3 or vb4.
Anyway, mods for vb4 should be in seperate thread. The only way to avoid this it ask the developer to open a seperate thread for his vb4 update.
No worry's matey, after checking it appears he has put the 3x mod into his 4x thread and it is picking up on it.

Only takes a few seconds to check anyway.
__________________
LBG- Forum for the more Laidback Gamer
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06 Feb 2012, 23:10
htscpl's Avatar
htscpl htscpl is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Houston
Real name: Henry
Hmmm.. could be very helpfull. I will check it out! Thanks for your work.
** clicks install **
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 17 May 2012, 17:34
rellect's Avatar
rellect rellect is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Real name: Refael Iliaguyev
New Version 1.5
- Added cache for faster loading of the page
- Settings added: hack active, cache time
- Page loaded much faster
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 17 May 2012, 17:48
nidal kadour's Avatar
nidal kadour nidal kadour is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Thank you very much great product
Rating:
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 17 May 2012, 18:15
Black Tiger's Avatar
Black Tiger Black Tiger is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Updated. Thank you!
__________________
Greetings, Black Tiger
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01 Nov 2014, 15:39
rellect's Avatar
rellect rellect is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Real name: Refael Iliaguyev
A new update is released 2.0.0, mainly optimization of the code.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
Forum Jump


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 21:28.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: