Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 19 Mar 2012, 20:52
slammz slammz is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Inferno shoutbox name color!

So I was messing around in the template "inferno_shoutbox_shout". I notice that I could make everyone's name do different things like so:



I was wondering how I could do it for only one user or several? So like say I want mine like that but then I will billy's to have something different? How can I do this?


Thanks

--------------- Added 19 Mar 2012 at 21:59 ---------------

This is on another forum:


That's what I want it like without having to make a usergroup since then my name would be displayed like that on the whole forum.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 20 Mar 2012, 01:14
Iain M's Avatar
Iain M Iain M is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Real name: Iain
I don't use the Inferno shoutbox, but if you search for userid in the template you were editing you should be able to do something like

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 20 Mar 2012, 04:35
slammz slammz is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Originally Posted by Iain M View Post
I don't use the Inferno shoutbox, but if you search for userid in the template you were editing you should be able to do something like

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.
It isn't working for the things I have tried. This is the template code:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

The part:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

That "{vb:raw shout.musername}" is what controls what the username does.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 20 Mar 2012, 10:33
Iain M's Avatar
Iain M Iain M is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Real name: Iain
Try replacing the {vb:raw shout.musername} with:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Change X to your userid.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 20 Mar 2012, 14:22
slammz slammz is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Originally Posted by Iain M View Post
Try replacing the {vb:raw shout.musername} with:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Change X to your userid.
Thank You so much man! You are a ton of help!

Also, how could I do a different one for each user?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 20 Mar 2012, 17:13
Iain M's Avatar
Iain M Iain M is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Real name: Iain
How many users are we talking about? You could end up with a lot of code... but a quick way is just add an else if for each user....


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 20 Mar 2012, 19:08
slammz slammz is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Originally Posted by Iain M View Post
How many users are we talking about? You could end up with a lot of code... but a quick way is just add an else if for each user....


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.
That's what I was looking for! Thanks.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hide Inferno Shoutbox When Nobody Uses It. RazerZoneX vBulletin 3.7 Template Modifications 8 09 Aug 2011 17:16

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
Forum Jump


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 22:16.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: