Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Article Options
Old 24 Mar 2012, 18:30

Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
Just add the html in the template to link to the forums.

<a href="forumdisplay.php?f=xx">Form xx</a>
No, I want to be able to display them like if I was on the homepage. How can I do that? I know it's possible somehow.
Old 24 Mar 2012, 22:24

Originally Posted by slammz View Post
No, I want to be able to display them like if I was on the homepage. How can I do that? I know it's possible somehow.
Copy the php code from the forum.php file and copy the needed template/html from the FORUMHOME template into your custom template.
If I post some CSS and don't say where it goes, put it in the additional.css template.
I will NOT help via PM (you will be directed to post in the forums for help.)
Old 25 Mar 2012, 21:02

Copy the php code from the forum.php file and copy the needed template/html from the FORUMHOME template into your custom template.
I don't want all the forums displayed though, only my VIP forums.
Old 26 Mar 2012, 17:21

Originally Posted by slammz View Post
I don't want all the forums displayed though, only my VIP forums.
Then modify the php code to only show those forums.
If I post some CSS and don't say where it goes, put it in the additional.css template.
Old 28 Mar 2012, 23:42

So i have finally gotten the hang of working with this type of page haha.. Thanks Lynn.

My question is Is there away to use say a contact form created on a custom page to send a pm to a couple hard coded users and also to post in a specified section of the forums?

"Not the original Contact Us Form from VB"
Old 29 Mar 2012, 01:09

Originally Posted by SavSin View Post
So i have finally gotten the hang of working with this type of page haha.. Thanks Lynn.

My question is Is there away to use say a contact form created on a custom page to send a pm to a couple hard coded users and also to post in a specified section of the forums?

"Not the original Contact Us Form from VB"
Of course there is, but you have to code it yourself and I don't have that code handy to just copy/paste it for you. If you need help with that, you should post in the Programming forum with the code you have already written and the problem you are running into.
Old 29 Mar 2012, 05:00

This may have been covered, but will the Search (and Advanced Search) features work in these new pages?

If not, is there a way to configure this to have it work?
Old 29 Mar 2012, 05:18

It will work as far as you may still search posts. But, the information on these pages will not be searchable unless you do something to make them so. (Not anything that is covered in this tutorial.)
Old 29 Mar 2012, 05:31

It will work as far as you may still search posts. But, the information on these pages will not be searchable unless you do something to make them so. (Not anything that is covered in this tutorial.)
Thanks for your response. What would that "something" be

If this is not the place for that, where would such a question be posted?
Old 29 Mar 2012, 16:16

Originally Posted by MacroPhotoPro View Post
Thanks for your response. What would that "something" be

If this is not the place for that, where would such a question be posted?
That something would be to write some code to index the text in the search_core (and other) tables. You would probably need to create a new contenttype in the contenttype table in order to index it correctly. If you are unsure how to do this, then you should post in the main vB4 General Discussions forum. You should probably have a little bit of php experience if you are going to write this code.
Old 30 Mar 2012, 20:17

Originally Posted by Rocket2009 View Post
I don't know about methods (1) and (2). As suggested elsewhere in this thread I effectively use a little code in the php page (not the vBulletin template). Mine looks like:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

How about a variation on this that also employs create/edit/delete permissions?

For example, in the other custom pages I want to design, these are going to be for an image-hosting service I am making. I want people to pay a fee to host their images, and I want "everyone" to be able to "see" these images, but where only the Administrator and Paid Subscibers can edit, delete, or create new pages.

Further, the permissions should be configured to where Paid Subscribers are only able to edit/delete their own self-created pages, but to where they can't edit/delete the pages of other Paid Subscribers, while the Administrator can edit/delete anyone's pages.

I know how to do this with my CMS Manager, but because these custom pages we're here aren't controlled by that, how would they be thus-configured by hand?

Thanks!

--------------- Added 30 Mar 2012 at 21:13 ---------------

2. Create the Template:
- If you are in debug mode, create the template in your MASTER STYLE so it shows up in all your styles, otherwise make sure you create the template in the style you are using. If following the page above, call the template TEST
How do I operate in debug mode, and will this still work if I am not?
Old 03 Apr 2012, 15:02

I've created the page, and everything works except that users are no longer logged in when visiting the custom page. Clicking any tab or link to navigate away from the page brings me back to the normal logged in state, but the custom page is logged out. How do I fix that?

edit: Found the problem. It's a privacy policy page, and in Options > Site Name / URL / Contact Details the link to the page was the full path (http://sitename.com/forums/privacy.php) instead of relative (privacy.php). Once I made it relative it worked fine.

Last edited by cbiweb : 03 Apr 2012 at 15:31.
Old 03 Apr 2012, 17:58

Okay, I have followed your instructions in this tutorial to the letter and am getting a blank test page to generate just fine.

However, the moment I try to add custom code to it, the setup fails. I just did a basic "I am here" insertion, but where you have indicated Your Custom Code Goes Here is generating the quote at the TOP of my test page, rather than in the body where it should be, as follows:

What am I doing wrong and why is the "I am here" quote being displayed at the top of the page, rather than in the body where it should be going?

Thanks for any help!

Jack
Old 03 Apr 2012, 18:27

You need to insert any text you want on the page into the template. You cannot use echo. You would need to do something like:

and in the appropriate place near the bottom, add:

And then in the template, put this where you want the text to appear:

Old 03 Apr 2012, 19:38

Okay, I have that bit working right now, thank you.

In order to create an actual page now, can I just use HTML tags, or do I have to register more code with the template?

Thanks again.