vBulletin has released a security patch to improve the security of the vBulletin 4 MAPI for 4.1.12 Suite & Forum as the result of a recent internal security review. Although no exploits have been reported, we urge our customers to upgrade as soon as possible.
The changes do not affect
vBulletin 4.0.0 - 4.1.1.
This patch has been issued for vBulletin 4.1.12
. A separate set of patches have been issued for vBulletin 4.1.2 - 4.1.11.
The MAPI security improvements have been added for vBulletin 3.x with the release of 3.x MAPI 1.4.3.
To improve the security of your vBulletin 4 installation, please download the patch from the members area of vBulletin: http://members.vbulletin.com/
In addition to the security improvements, we've resolved the following 4.1.12 issues.
- VBIV-14742 - Push notifications broken in FR 4.1.12 add-on.
- VBIV-14685 - Tag in static page cause Fatal error on page with General Search widget set to return Static Pages
- VBIV-14663 - Quoting doesn't work in the mobile style
- VBIV-14660 - Static HTML in CMS always displays all content
- VBIV-14754 - unset($VB_API_PARAMS_TO_VERIFY['vbseourl']) to match vB3 MAPI change.
- VBIV-14681 - HTML is stripped from article previews
- VBIV-14667 - Category pages do not load if using basic/advanced friendly URLs
The upgrade process is slightly more complicated for this patch level release.
- Download PL1 for vBulletin 4.1.12 from https://members.vbulletin.com.
- Upload the patch do your server.
- Unzip the patch to your vBulletin 4 install directory. (Ex. /var/www/html/myforum)
- Run ./install/upgrade.php. (Required for 4.1.12.)
- Download the "API-Log-Clean.xml" attached to this thread. (Included in the do_not_upload folder for full installs.)
- Import "API-Log-Clean.xml" using the "Manage Products" interface in the "Plugins & Products" section of your Admin CP. The cleanup script will run on install. AdminCP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Add/Import Product
- Delete "API-Log-Clean" using the "Product Manager" option in the "Plugins & Products" section of your Admin CP. (Optional. The product is automatically disabled after the script runs.)
- Files updated in the patch are:
Please note that this issue and fix affects BOTH
vBulletin 4 SUITE
Discuss the security patch - HERE
Discuss vBulletin 4.1.12 - HERE
No members have liked this post.