Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Lower Breadcrumbs Details »»
Lower Breadcrumbs
Developer Last Online: Oct 2014 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.0.x Rating: (56 votes - 4.77 average) Installs: 440
Released: 01 Dec 2009 Last Update: 21 Oct 2010 Downloads: 1591
Supported Uses Plugins Auto-Template Re-usable Code Translations  

This just adds the breadcrumbs to the bottom of the showthread page. I saw this thread over at vb.com and then decided to share it as I wrote it for myself.

Version History:
1.0 2009-12-01: initial release by Lynne at vbulletin.org (pre Beta 5)
1.1 2009-12-04: fixed the issue regarding a single apostrophe in a thread or forum title (Thanks go to BBR-APBT for the fix!) (Beta 5)
1.2 2009-12-12: small template change for new release, RC2 (RC2)
1.3 2009-05-10: added lower breadcrumbs to forumdisplay page (up to 4.0.7)
1.4 2009-10-21: fixed for use in 4.0.8 (4.0.8)

To install:

1. Import product-lynne_lower_breadcrumbs.xml

To uninstall:

1. Uninstall "Lower Breadcrumbs"

Optional:

Added in 1.1: in the plugin, Add Lower Breadcrumbs to SHOWTHREAD template, you will see the following lines:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

If you wish to have the Breadcrumbs above the Quick Reply box, then uncomment that line and comment out the one to put it above the Thread Information box, like this:

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	lower_breadcrumbs.png
Views:	11500
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	107044

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Lower Breadcrumbs Howell vBulletin 3.8 Add-ons 23 03 May 2011 20:43
Lower Breadcrumbs Howell vBulletin 3.7 Add-ons 20 19 Jan 2009 18:36

Old 19 Jan 2012, 05:49

Works well on 4.1.10. Now a little positioning next to the quick navigation... and voila!
Old 16 Feb 2012, 09:17

Hello. I have a problem with this plugin. When I install it all acceses to sub-forums are blocked. When I try clicking on them to acces the page it's just blocked. Do you have a solution for that? I mention that I use last version of vb.

Thank you.
Old 08 Apr 2012, 00:36

It's possible that under 4.1.11 doesn't work?
Old 08 Apr 2012, 16:50

Originally Posted by Fernuni-Hilfe View Post
It's possible that under 4.1.11 doesn't work?
It is working just fine on my default 4.1.11 forum.
If I post some CSS and don't say where it goes, put it in the additional.css template.
I will NOT help via PM (you will be directed to post in the forums for help.)
Old 08 Apr 2012, 18:32

Thanks Lynne. I've looked at this many a time and finally got around to installing it today. Works perfectly

Old 05 May 2012, 21:02

I have a little problem with the plugin . I set up the breadcrumbs to be shown above the quick edit, when I'm not logged in, it will not show the lower breadcrums. I think this hapens because the editor is not showed for unregistered users. Thaaks . I hope that my english is not so bad.
Old 05 May 2012, 21:37

You could try using this in the "Add Lower Breadcrumbs to SHOWTHREAD template" plugin instead:

If I post some CSS and don't say where it goes, put it in the additional.css template.
Old 06 May 2012, 22:58

Originally Posted by edyy View Post
I have a little problem with the plugin . I set up the breadcrumbs to be shown above the quick edit, when I'm not logged in, it will not show the lower breadcrums. I think this hapens because the editor is not showed for unregistered users. Thaaks . I hope that my english is not so bad.
That is since 4.1.11 I think. I not fussed as the lower breadcrumbs are now a 'benefit' to real members

Kym
www.AusPhotography.net.au a.k.a. AP is a photography forum where members share their photography, photo editing skills and techniques. We run regular photographic competitions; Rick (site owner) and Kym (site tech) using this account
*** Home of the AP fully comprehensive vb4 photographic competition management solution ***
Old 12 May 2012, 16:47

When I add it to my 4.1.11 forum it stops the posts in all the forums being clickable. I've disabled the other few mods that I have but it still wont work.

A safe and supportive place to share your TTC journey, your pregnancy and the joys of raising a family.
Old 12 May 2012, 18:54

Originally Posted by Daisyboo View Post
When I add it to my 4.1.11 forum it stops the posts in all the forums being clickable. I've disabled the other few mods that I have but it still wont work.
I have it working just fine on my showthread page on a totally default 4.1.11 forum. I have the breadcrumbs located just above quick reply. Where do you have them? And does it work on a totally default style?
Old 13 May 2012, 10:08

They are above the quick reply box and yes they work in the default style. I'm using CinemaPink if you've heard of that?

A safe and supportive place to share your TTC journey, your pregnancy and the joys of raising a family.
Old 13 May 2012, 16:36

If they work in the default style, then this is an issue with your custom style.
Old 10 Jul 2012, 18:15

I have had this installed since 4.0 and it has been great. I have 4.2.0 patch 2 now. A poster noticed today the when you view a locked thread the lower bread crumbs are missing. When I view it as an admin I see them but when I run a test user with no admin permissions the bread crumbs are missing in locked threads.

I am not sure what is doing this? I installed it per the directions on this page, I can't find any but is there a user permission that controls that?

FYI here is the add request in JIRA for this. Lynn can you add this link to the front page of this add on?

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-9980

Last edited by huskermax : 10 Jul 2012 at 18:23.
Old 10 Jul 2012, 20:55

Originally Posted by huskermax View Post
I have had this installed since 4.0 and it has been great. I have 4.2.0 patch 2 now. A poster noticed today the when you view a locked thread the lower bread crumbs are missing. When I view it as an admin I see them but when I run a test user with no admin permissions the bread crumbs are missing in locked threads.

I am not sure what is doing this? I installed it per the directions on this page, I can't find any but is there a user permission that controls that?

FYI here is the add request in JIRA for this. Lynn can you add this link to the front page of this add on?

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-9980
Have you edited the plugin so that it is showing above Quick Reply? If so, quick reply doesn't appear in locked threads so that could be why it doesn't show for normal users

Old 10 Jul 2012, 21:40

Originally Posted by Gemma View Post
Have you edited the plugin so that it is showing above Quick Reply? If so, quick reply doesn't appear in locked threads so that could be why it doesn't show for normal users
I am not sure it has been so long. It does show above quick reply. I will look in to see what I did. Is there away to keep the code seperate from quick reply? I would like it to show up on closed threads.