Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Old 22 Mar 2006, 15:49

50-130 new ragister everyday?!??!

That's a LOT! Are you sure you're not already in the SE's?
Old 23 Mar 2006, 00:07

Originally Posted by Lee
Define "lots of visitors".

150 visitors a day
Old 03 May 2006, 16:36

Originally Posted by ZIKI-SET
150 visitors a day
I get around 1300 daily uniqe visiter and 125,000 view per day.
Old 04 May 2006, 15:23

200+ register per day and 13000 unique members out if 30K total
Old 04 May 2006, 15:31

i started my forum in early december 2005, nd have 150 registered members [alot of inactive accounts have been deleted, I don't believe in advertising 10,000 members when only 200 are active...

I would say we get 1 new registration every 1 to 2 days, and i'm happy with that, 15 new registrations a month isn't all that bad, so I think that we are growing, and will continue to...

so long as you have dedicated member who will post no matter what, then guests will continue to register.
Old 08 Jun 2006, 10:50

Interesting read. I'm still trying to figure out how I shuld promote my new site!
Old 12 Jun 2006, 03:01

I own hollywoodsbest.net and I have almost 7thousand members with over 200K posts in less than a years time. That site is doing well on it's own, but I have trouble setting up new ones.
Old 12 Jun 2006, 10:16

Wink Here's My 2 cents

I agree with most of the thread replys. It takes time, good contents, etc., but content is always the main reason for forum users to register...

I've found something weird. How are web crawlers supposed to know what are your forum contents if you don't give them a little peak at least?

My 2 cents of advice. Keep one of your subforums open for visitors so they get an idea of what they may find inside.

Good Luck
Old 12 Jun 2006, 21:45

I just started my forum 2 months ago and it's now growing at a rate of 100 new members everyday. We receive lots of visitors daily, 500 members + lots of guests.

It takes more than a man to promote a forum, it takes patience and most important of all, you gotta keep your head straight.

I had a time when I almost sold the forum.

Remember, it's all numbers.
Old 21 Jun 2006, 06:34

Well for www.gamerzplanet.net. It has about 22k unique visits a day..about currently about 63k members, and about 1.8k new members per day. and I guess a lot of them from googles. I didn't spend any money advertising the website at all..google is very important..
Old 21 Jun 2006, 14:56

Originally Posted by almukmin
I just started my forum 2 months ago and it's now growing at a rate of 100 new members everyday. We receive lots of visitors daily, 500 members + lots of guests.

It takes more than a man to promote a forum, it takes patience and most important of all, you gotta keep your head straight.

I had a time when I almost sold the forum.

Remember, it's all numbers.
That's pretty good for a 2 month old forum. Where are the users coming from?

Christoph
Old 23 Jun 2006, 02:39

It really depends on what your idea is for your site. If you start a computer-hardware or gaming forum the chances are it will not get big, well because theres about 2 million other computer-hardware and gaming forums out there. Your best bet is to open a forum that is pretty much untouched by any other forums. Its just like opening a business, if you open the same business as everyone else you will not make a lot of money cause its so spread out between all the other business like it, but if you do something different you will be successfull.
Old 23 Jun 2006, 12:37

I started my first site less than 2 years ago and have 7k+ members I get about 7000 visitors a day. I actually took a different approach to growing my site. I had stickers made up with funny and somewhat offensive sayings on them with my web address on the bottom of it. I then took the stickers and put them on ebay and started selling them. I pay .10 a sticker and on average sell for $1 a sticker. Currently around the world there are over a thousands of stickers and over 3000 t-shirts.

I figure I make money and get free advertising. My large site is www.everything2stroke.com I just started www.everythingmx.com and www.everythingduners.com. I have 6 other sites that will be launched soon.

I used a hack to link my sites user tables so that all my users from my first site have access to my other sites. This eliminates having to grow a site from 0 users and allows current users to access all the sites with 1 username and password.
Old 15 Jul 2006, 04:05

What tool or plugin are you using to run the referral contests?
Old 15 Jul 2006, 05:24

Originally Posted by e2s
I started my first site less than 2 years ago and have 7k+ members I get about 7000 visitors a day. I actually took a different approach to growing my site. I had stickers made up with funny and somewhat offensive sayings on them with my web address on the bottom of it. I then took the stickers and put them on ebay and started selling them. I pay .10 a sticker and on average sell for $1 a sticker. Currently around the world there are over a thousands of stickers and over 3000 t-shirts.

I figure I make money and get free advertising. My large site is www.everything2stroke.com I just started www.everythingmx.com and www.everythingduners.com. I have 6 other sites that will be launched soon.

I used a hack to link my sites user tables so that all my users from my first site have access to my other sites. This eliminates having to grow a site from 0 users and allows current users to access all the sites with 1 username and password.

how did you do that?