Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Old 04 Dec 2006, 21:19

Just make sure that people like me who paid for vb gets to see everything to do with vb.
Old 05 Dec 2006, 14:33

Originally Posted by Lee View Post
I agree with that statement. It isn't really serving a purpose is it?
True true. Another wrong decision (im my opinion) by the staff to encourage more vBulletin related admin/coding forums to grow and split the community instead of giving vB owners what they want in HERE.
Old 07 Dec 2006, 06:10

What's up with the admins at big-boards.com? I submitted my site right when we hit 500k and still no add(not with 750k posts). WTF. I have contacted them also a few times to no avail.

Anyone know? (sorry to hijack)
Old 07 Dec 2006, 06:45

Originally Posted by Kihon Kata View Post
What's up with the admins at big-boards.com? I submitted my site right when we hit 500k and still no add(not with 750k posts). WTF. I have contacted them also a few times to no avail.

Anyone know? (sorry to hijack)
Ya i think the guy that runs it is currently away.

he is taking a leave of absence and also planning to update big-boards.

hopefully soon.

;-)
Old 11 Dec 2006, 11:02

Originally Posted by kmike View Post
IMHO it's pretty self-evident that this forum is a failure in its current, public form.
Well, depends what you want from it.

I personally haven't found anything remotely useful in this forum for my forum, but I shared two things (the template cache and the sphinx implementation). I will try to keep sharing things I write for my board, but it's a bit disappointing to get nothing back in exchange (tho I'm always glad to give support if I can).

I don't think you'll ever find detailed information of how to do "tune" your server in here or a complete guide from "create forum" to "100k visitors/day" in here. You just can't put those things in a "guide". I probably read hundreds of sites about server optimization, subscribe to a few blogs, check a few forums, read about other ppls issues...learning by doing. You can't come here with your newly created forum with basically no clue about anything at all and expect to find a guide how to make your forum work in 2 days.

If you run a forum (semi-)professionally you're basically a sysadmin...and some people do that for a job. You can't learn a job by reading a handful of guides.
Old 11 Dec 2006, 13:50

Originally Posted by orban View Post
tho I'm always glad to give support if I can
And you do this, VERY GOOD, I must say.
Old 14 Dec 2006, 01:03

I'll protest if you make it private. >
Old 15 Dec 2006, 02:24

To enter this section you should, at least, need an active license.
Old 15 Dec 2006, 04:35

Originally Posted by COBRAws View Post
To enter this section you should, at least, need an active license.
That I will agree with.
Old 18 Dec 2006, 20:45

I would like to let this section to be private.
Old 08 Jan 2007, 08:39

I would like it private but as I stated in my first post in this thread, how do you cut off someone? Do you use big-boards.com standard or define your own? I don't like posting stuff in public that I wouldn't mind if it was a private forum with people who have the same issues/goals/problems/whatever as me.

Sorry to keep this up but there seems to be a lot of support for it.

For Example: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=134951 That thread is from someone who obviously doesn't own a big board. In my opinion the whole point of this forum is for admins who run decent sized forums to share ideas on a same level basis? We don't want to see questions about how to submit a site to a search engine, which is usually something that a big board admin has figured out since... well... they have a big forum. We want to share ideas, have a place to ask about dealing with problems that arise as you get bigger.

Last edited by BamaStangGuy : 08 Jan 2007 at 08:42.
Old 08 Jan 2007, 13:28

Yes, I would be curious about what standards would make this private. My forum probably isn't 'big' in its number of current totaly users (we normally have between 30 and 60 users logged in at once), but we have over 1.3 million posts and a database of about 33k accounts and many users who drop in occasionally, so I have the occasional 'big board' issue when it comes to the database. I wouldn't like to be excluded because the current user base is, while very dedicated, relatively small.

http://www.aelyria.com
Old 08 Jan 2007, 18:14

Originally Posted by Caerydd View Post
Yes, I would be curious about what standards would make this private. My forum probably isn't 'big' in its number of current totaly users (we normally have between 30 and 60 users logged in at once), but we have over 1.3 million posts and a database of about 33k accounts and many users who drop in occasionally, so I have the occasional 'big board' issue when it comes to the database. I wouldn't like to be excluded because the current user base is, while very dedicated, relatively small.
You would for sure be considered a big board and you people like you are what this forum is intended for
Old 09 Jan 2007, 11:50

How many BB forums do we need.. no offence but I have yet to get any amazing info off of any of them.. IMHO you get more out of the regular areas.
Old 10 Jan 2007, 00:36

excuse me... what is TAZ?