Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 23 Apr 2008, 16:46

Site Name: Heroscapers.com
URL: www.heroscapers.com
Description: The Heroscape board game's semi-official fan site
Reason for Nomination: I said "semi-official" because we did such a good job with this site that Wizards of the Coast (big-time board game company) is working with us to make our site the place for Heroscape fans online, as evidenced by 4 of their employees being officially-recognized site members (purple usernames).

Take one glance at the link and you will understand the list of customizations would be too long to write down, but here are some major ones:
  • Professional-looking custom graphic theme, post icons, and page layout that is consistent throughout all areas of the site (blog, calendar, etc.). Also important to note our branding compliments the branding of the board game the site is dedicated to, without infringing on the board game's copyrighted material.
  • Converted and merged 5 separate databases into 1 unified log-in VB site* (formerly was phpBB, Coppermine, WordPress, a separate downloads database, and separate Calendar database)!
  • Auto-rotating header image displays a fresh image every time a new page is loaded.
  • Custom design and functionality of the templates controlling the global and forum navigation bars, postbit, header, footer, and all major areas of the site.
  • "Wide" page layout template option lets users choose a fixed or dynamic width page without loss of the professional graphic look.
  • Custom BBcodes added to embed YouTube videos, Flash, and a "spoiler alert" box that automatically hides your text until the user clicks a button to show the spoiler.
  • Entire site is run and operated by volunteers; no one was paid for the hundreds of hours that went into making this a custom VB site!!!
  • *This vB version of the previous site was launched Apr. 13, 2008.
Old 24 Apr 2008, 23:55

Site Name: TankSpot
URL: http://www.tankspot.com/forums/
Description: TankSpot is a World of Warcraft niche fansite which covers MMO tanking and guild management.
Reason for Nomination: Clean, unique design and navigation; integration of a variety of popular modifications.
Old 25 Apr 2008, 18:52

Site Name: Teen Forums
URL: http://www.teenageforums.com
Description: Online Teen Peer Advice and Discussion Community
Reason for Nomination: The fact that the sole purpose of the website being that it offers a place for Teens to look for solace in each other?
The Design.
Functionability

Email: srounce@gmail.com
MSN: shane_theden@msn.com

http://www.teenageforums.com - Teen Forums
Old 25 Apr 2008, 20:39

Site Name: GMTruckClub.com
URL: www.gmtruckclub.com
Description: Peer-to-peer Automobile enthusiast community
Reason for Nomination: It's been a pleasure to run this site for nearly 4 years.
  • User to user support is great, everyone pitches in from fidning parts to wiring diagrams.
  • No drama or flaming - just hasn't been an issue here. Everyone is treated with respect.
  • Dramatic growth. Site has quadrupled in the past year.
  • Using native vBulletin capabilities to establish strong community.
  • Great looking style and formatting!

Last edited by StonePilot : 25 Apr 2008 at 20:44. Reason: Auto-Merged DoublePost
Old 25 Apr 2008, 22:14

Site Name: Cheating Network

URL: http://CheatingNetwork.net

Description: Cheating Network is your best source online to get free stuff from cash to prizes with little to no work. We attempt to cheat at every site possible to take advantage off in any way that we can.

Reason for Nomination:
  • We are unique!
  • Not many sites in this particular niche!
  • Active forum and growing!
  • Great community!
  • We help you benefit!

Thanks
-Chewy
Old 26 Apr 2008, 00:37

Site Name: TheWomanHood
URL: http://thewomanhood.com
Description: a website for women
Reason for Nomination: I believe our website has come a long way since I first started it, due to the sheer dedication I have to see it grow and thrive. I've tried to make it as easy to navigate and user friendly as possible, bold but bright colors that are easy on the eyes but appeal to most women, we have a recipes database, blogs, monthly contests, a fairly small but very strong and loyal member base. I'm extremely proud of how far it's come, especially given that I'm now managing two sites and three kids
Old 26 Apr 2008, 06:56

Talking

Since I'm Pro-Women I vote/support http://thewomanhood.com
Old 28 Apr 2008, 01:27

Site Name: Talk Jesus
URL: www.talkjesus.com
Description: True Christian Website, 100% Scripture Based
Reason for Nomination:

Talk Jesus is a very clean forum, no advertisements anywhere and not cluttered. It is completely organized, fast loading pages, well moderated and 100% sincere to its purpose which is: discussions of the Holy Bible, Jesus Christ (GOD) and preaching the truth as told by Scripture. There is no room to allow for personal religious/own version of GOD and the Holy Bible. It does not allow for debates, therefore refraining from being hypocritical of its sole purpose.

The forum is very friendly, honest, edifying. There are over 200+ arcade games all family friendly/kid safe as well. A lot of great features including personal journals, prayer events, hundreds of testimonies of miracles performed by GOD in people's personal encounters, complete online Bible, bible dictionary, colorful high quality Scriptural maps, a high quality live chat room that is actually stable on high number of concurrent chatters.

The forum is very active, nearly 11,000 members and on average 150 posts per day.

Last edited by Chadi : 28 Apr 2008 at 01:33.
Old 28 Apr 2008, 23:42

Site Name:
Mingle.ie

URL:
www.mingle.ie

Description:
Social Networking and Dating in Ireland

Reason for Nomination:
  • I can't really code, but managed to build this with chewing gum and sticks proving that anyone can.
  • It has everything it needs modded, and nothing more.
  • It only launched today
Old 29 Apr 2008, 11:50

Site Name: Unofficial Mills
URL: www.unofficialmills.co.uk
Description: A fansite for UK radio station BBC Radio 1 and DJ Scott Mills.
Reason for Nomination: A friendly community which receives regular mentions on national radio but receives no payment from the BBC. It's clean looking design, teenagers are it's priority, no one is paid for working on the website, and it offers a huge archive of downloads dating back from 2005. Forum members regularly turn up each afternoon to talk about the Scott Mills show too. Adverts are quite to a minimum and we try to incorporate a variety of vB.org hacks to keep visitors happy and busy!

Last edited by readjono : 29 Apr 2008 at 14:43.
Old 30 Apr 2008, 01:09

Originally Posted by chadi View Post
Site Name: Talk Jesus
URL: www.talkjesus.com
Description: True Christian Website, 100% Scripture Based
Reason for Nomination:

Talk Jesus is a very clean forum, no advertisements anywhere and not cluttered. It is completely organized, fast loading pages, well moderated and 100% sincere to its purpose which is: discussions of the Holy Bible, Jesus Christ (GOD) and preaching the truth as told by Scripture. There is no room to allow for personal religious/own version of GOD and the Holy Bible. It does not allow for debates, therefore refraining from being hypocritical of its sole purpose.

The forum is very friendly, honest, edifying. There are over 200+ arcade games all family friendly/kid safe as well. A lot of great features including personal journals, prayer events, hundreds of testimonies of miracles performed by GOD in people's personal encounters, complete online Bible, bible dictionary, colorful high quality Scriptural maps, a high quality live chat room that is actually stable on high number of concurrent chatters.

The forum is very active, nearly 11,000 members and on average 150 posts per day.
I'll second this nomination. I love this site!
Closed Thread