Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12 Mar 2009, 11:39
Shelley_c's Avatar
Shelley_c Shelley_c is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Real name: Shelley Cunningham
What ever happened to the smiley implementation?

It's been (i'd say) over a month to go through these questionable stages of smilies being integrated to the board. Personally, I would have had them designed and up in 24 hours but that is because I'm efficient. I noticed you said marco something happening last week which was last week and now it's this week.

Just curious on how this stage of events with regards to the smilies are coming along? have they been picked? or is it still at the discussion stage? Anyway, thought I'd ask and see how the smiliey implementation is coming along and also to ask how many more stages are you going through before we see our new friends.
__________________
AdminExtra.com - The forum for smiley enthusiasts. Tutorials, Resources.
  #2  
Old 12 Mar 2009, 11:46
Paul M's Avatar
Paul M Paul M is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Real name: Paul Marsden
The suggestions phase has closed, atm we are discussing which ones we want.
__________________


Lead Developer, vBulletin.Org & vBulletin.Com
Please do not PM me about custom work - I no longer undertake any.

Note: I will not answer support questions via e-mail or PM - please use the relevant thread or forum.
Cable Forum - DigiGuide
  #3  
Old 12 Mar 2009, 12:03
nexialys
Guest
 
will be complicated to have a choice of 20 when there was 21 submited... debates are to be for a month or so...
  #4  
Old 12 Mar 2009, 12:09
Shelley_c's Avatar
Shelley_c Shelley_c is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Real name: Shelley Cunningham
You say 20 like you know how many are being implemented. Or, was that an example for the intellectually challenged? the intellectually challenged being "me".

Smiley count is irrelevant if the smilies are not going to be smilies designed from scratch. If your telling me they are being designed from scratch and are vbulletin exclusive smilies then that is a different story.
__________________
AdminExtra.com - The forum for smiley enthusiasts. Tutorials, Resources.
  #5  
Old 12 Mar 2009, 12:13
nexialys
Guest
 
Oh i was not challenging you Shelley... but yeah, will be a great challenge if they require a exclusive custom set...
  #6  
Old 12 Mar 2009, 12:29
Marco van Herwaarden Marco van Herwaarden is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
I expect that the 2nd stage will be posted tomorrow.
__________________
Marco van Herwaarden
Ex vBulletin.org Coordinator
  #7  
Old 12 Mar 2009, 12:38
Shelley_c's Avatar
Shelley_c Shelley_c is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Real name: Shelley Cunningham
Paul said it's in discussion whilst you as in "I expect" give the impression that your running the show alone and it's not a collaborative effort at all. What is it? are the stages happening simply when you have the time or is the implementation of the smilies going to happen sooner rather than eventually.

If it's actually just you picking a choosing the ready made custom smilies (which I expect that they are) what's actually holding you up? 1 month on and your still going through stages when infact you already know what the members want so it should be as easy as A B C.

Eitherway, it's being pro-longed for some reason or another but judging by the length of time could the smilies actually be custom made for vbulletin.org?
__________________
AdminExtra.com - The forum for smiley enthusiasts. Tutorials, Resources.
  #8  
Old 12 Mar 2009, 13:04
Marco van Herwaarden Marco van Herwaarden is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
It will be posted once i have the time to complete the announcement.
__________________
Marco van Herwaarden
Ex vBulletin.org Coordinator
  #9  
Old 12 Mar 2009, 13:04
Lizard King's Avatar
Lizard King Lizard King is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Real name: Mert
They will be added whenever admins have time
__________________
Mert G÷kšeimam / Crawlability Inc.

DepKaš | vBSEO 3.3.0 - vBulletin Search Engine Optimisation
  #10  
Old 12 Mar 2009, 13:12
Shelley_c's Avatar
Shelley_c Shelley_c is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Real name: Shelley Cunningham
Originally Posted by Marco van Herwaarden View Post
It will be posted once i have the time to complete the announcement.
Okay Marco.

Originally Posted by Lizard King View Post
They will be added whenever admins have time
If your replying to me mert at least tell me something I don't know, and try not to fall into the backseat moderating your not staff here. Last time I checked you don't have a coloured username nor have you stepped up to volunteer status. Marco has is own mind, allow him to answer the simple question for himself.

On a side note, The smilies must be damn good look forward to the announcement.
__________________
AdminExtra.com - The forum for smiley enthusiasts. Tutorials, Resources.
  #11  
Old 12 Mar 2009, 14:23
Lizard King's Avatar
Lizard King Lizard King is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Real name: Mert
Probably you get me wrong Shelley I totally vote a full change for all vB.org staff , i stopped contributing to vb.org because of current staff's huge attitude problem. Thats why if they do something wrong , i came here and judge.

Marco is paid via Jelsoft and he should have no time excuse at all. If you are getting paid , you need to do the job you are hired for. But thats not my problem , its actually Jelsofts problem.
__________________
Mert G÷kšeimam / Crawlability Inc.

DepKaš | vBSEO 3.3.0 - vBulletin Search Engine Optimisation
  #12  
Old 12 Mar 2009, 14:32
Shelley_c's Avatar
Shelley_c Shelley_c is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Real name: Shelley Cunningham
Well, I'm not going to stop contributing. If other people just simply want to quit that is their privilege. The integration of the smilies is a step forward (give the forum more character). Yeah yeah, I know it's smilies but either way I'd like to see them soon without the pro-long stages.

Heck, with all these stages I thought it was part of the movie "deathrace" Stage 1 (deep voice) we are discussing smiley's. Stage two subscribe to the suggesting of the smilies. Just getting the feeling it will be yet another talked about implementation when it doesn't need to be.

If smilies are hard to find I would have thought smilies created by the community for the community would have been the right path to take. Take full advantage of the talent here instead of a 3rd party site but that's another story which I don't intend to debate on purely for the fact that we settle for a 3rd part creation unless the pro-longed reason is because the smilies about to be implemented are custom made for this site which would partially explain why it's took this long.

Regardless of that. That's my last comment in this thread my question was partially answered.
__________________
AdminExtra.com - The forum for smiley enthusiasts. Tutorials, Resources.
  #13  
Old 12 Mar 2009, 22:38
King Kovifor's Avatar
King Kovifor King Kovifor is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Real name: Jeremy
Originally Posted by Shelley_c View Post
Well, I'm not going to stop contributing. If other people just simply want to quit that is their privilege. The integration of the smilies is a step forward (give the forum more character). Yeah yeah, I know it's smilies but either way I'd like to see them soon without the pro-long stages.

Heck, with all these stages I thought it was part of the movie "deathrace" Stage 1 (deep voice) we are discussing smiley's. Stage two subscribe to the suggesting of the smilies. Just getting the feeling it will be yet another talked about implementation when it doesn't need to be.

If smilies are hard to find I would have thought smilies created by the community for the community would have been the right path to take. Take full advantage of the talent here instead of a 3rd party site but that's another story which I don't intend to debate on purely for the fact that we settle for a 3rd part creation unless the pro-longed reason is because the smilies about to be implemented are custom made for this site which would partially explain why it's took this long.

Regardless of that. That's my last comment in this thread my question was partially answered.
This comment just shows that you have no insight what so ever into what the staff was doing in the process of these graphics. Wait for the announcement, it's coming.
__________________
Do not request support through any other means except the forums.

Useful Post With Links on Learning How To Develop vBulletin Plugins

Latest Modification: Stop Forum Spam Integration
  #14  
Old 13 Mar 2009, 00:11
Paul M's Avatar
Paul M Paul M is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Real name: Paul Marsden
Originally Posted by Shelley_c View Post
Eitherway, it's being pro-longed for some reason or another but judging by the length of time could the smilies actually be custom made for vbulletin.org?
Thats right - its been deliberately prolonged, in fact its been specially drawn out just to see how long it would take for certain members to come up with some conspiricy about it being prolonged.

Of course, it could just be that all the staff have lives outside of vb.org, so we havent got round to the next step yet, but the truth is just so much more boring.

Originally Posted by Lizard King View Post
Marco is paid via Jelsoft and he should have no time excuse at all. If you are getting paid , you need to do the job you are hired for. But thats not my problem , its actually Jelsofts problem.
Marco is not paid to work on vb.org, no one is - just another myth that keeps the paranoid happy, but hey, theres that boring old truth again ....
__________________


Lead Developer, vBulletin.Org & vBulletin.Com
Please do not PM me about custom work - I no longer undertake any.

Note: I will not answer support questions via e-mail or PM - please use the relevant thread or forum.
Cable Forum - DigiGuide
  #15  
Old 13 Mar 2009, 01:50
Chris-777's Avatar
Chris-777 Chris-777 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Real name: Chris
Originally Posted by Lizard King View Post
Probably you get me wrong Shelley I totally vote a full change for all vB.org staff, i stopped contributing to vb.org because of current staff's huge attitude problem. Thats why if they do something wrong , i came here and judge.
Honestly I don't come around much anymore for the same reason. This thread is a perfect example. They're smilies, for crying out loud.

Of course, it could just be that all the staff have lives outside of vb.org, so we havent got round to the next step yet, but the truth is just so much more boring.
Then perhaps it's best that Jelsoft add some new staff members who have time to take care of the site that their paying customers have such a vested interest into. If the current staff doesn't have the time to take on a task as simple as adding some smilies, it would clearly be in their best interest to keep their customers happy by installing a new support team that has the time to put into a site as busy, and essential to their product's popularity, as the one that drives it's modding community.

There's no doubt that a decent amount of vb's success is largely due to this site and the modifications that the designers and coders that make up this site take the time to share.
__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
Forum Jump


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 14:45.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: