Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Quote Notification via PM Details »»
Quote Notification via PM
Developer Last Online: Feb 2013 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.0.x Rating: (10 votes - 4.80 average) Installs: 129
Released: 12 May 2010 Last Update: 13 May 2010 Downloads: 974
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Re-usable Code Is in Beta Stage  

Quote Notification

Description: This plugin will add a "Quote Notification" option for users to select. If selected, your board users will receive a notification by PM whenever someone quotes them in a post.

Installation:
  • Import the attached product XML file (product-quotenotification.xml);
More settings:
  • If you want to change the content of the PM that gets sent, the phrases are quotenotify_subject and quotenotify_message;
  • The email notification has a separate phrase, quotenotify_emailmessage;
  • If you want to change the Profile Field options, find the "Quote Notification" field in your User Profile Field Manager in the ACP;
  • If you're not sure exactly what you're doing, you better leave these alone.
Warning: DO NOT change the title of the Profile Field from "Quote Notification", or the values from "Private Message", "Email", and "No" or this hack will not work.

User settings:
  • Your forum users can set their Quote Notification prefferences via User CP > General Settings > under Messaging & Notification.

This hack is a port of Krohf's modification for vb 3.5.
Since many people might find it handy on their boards, I decided to publish it for 4.0.

If you installed the product please mark as installed, so you can receive future update notifications. If you want to help develop this product further, please post your suggestions on the thread, or share your ideas with me via PM.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

pm.png   post.png  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Quote Notification Krofh vBulletin 3.5 Add-ons 100 20 Aug 2011 21:44

Comments
Old 12 May 2010, 14:32

tagged and thanks
Old 12 May 2010, 14:35

Nice!
Old 12 May 2010, 14:39

cool feature
Old 12 May 2010, 15:29

Looks cool.

Though when I tried to install, I received;

Database error in vBulletin 4.0.3:
Invalid SQL:
INSERT INTO profilefield (title, description, required, hidden, maxlength, size, displayorder, editable, type, data, height, def, optional, searchable, memberlist, regex, form, html) VALUES ('Quote Notification', 'Would you like to be notified by PM when someone quotes something you said in a post?', '0', '1', '250', '25', '100', '1', 'radio', 'a:2:{i:0;s:2:"No";i:1;s:3:"Yes";}', '0', '1', '0', '0', '0', '', '2', '0');

MySQL Error : Unknown column 'title' in 'field list'
Error Number : 1054
Request Date : Wednesday, May 12th 2010 @ 10:28:22 AM
Error Date : Wednesday, May 12th 2010 @ 10:28:22 AM
Old 12 May 2010, 18:11

Very cool.

But any chance you could make it just show up in USER CP like a Thank notification?
Old 12 May 2010, 18:14

Originally Posted by Bacon Butty View Post
Looks cool.

Same here.
Old 12 May 2010, 18:25

Looks cool.

Same here.
Old 13 May 2010, 07:56

Looks cool.

Originally Posted by literatestylish View Post
Same here.
Originally Posted by dd365media View Post
Same here.
Sorry guys, I've posted an updated version of the product file. Try installing now
Old 13 May 2010, 10:59

wow

cool mod hanks for it
i will test it
Old 13 May 2010, 20:42

That's a very nice hack. It even works on vB 3.6.x and 3.7.x, although its settings are blank.

Anyway, can you please let us know how to set the PM or Email option as default. Currently only few users have selected one of those options other than "No". I tried changing the order in Profile Field manager, but as you said it does not work afterwards.

I appreciate if you tell us how to make PM or Email as default option for this incredible hack.

*happily clicks install*
Old 13 May 2010, 21:42

Originally Posted by valdet View Post
That's a very nice hack. It even works on vB 3.6.x and 3.7.x, although its settings are blank.

Anyway, can you please let us know how to set the PM or Email option as default. Currently only few users have selected one of those options other than "No". I tried changing the order in Profile Field manager, but as you said it does not work afterwards.

I appreciate if you tell us how to make PM or Email as default option for this incredible hack.

*happily clicks install*
* Go to User Profile Fields > User Profile Field Manager
* Locate the "Quote Notification" field, and click "Edit"
* In the big "Options" textbox, switch "Yes" and "No" so that "Yes" is first. This will make "Yes" the default option.
* Make sure the "Set Default" option is set to "Yes" as well
* Save your changes

The mod will still work if you change the order, but it will not work if you change or try to translate the entire name of the options. In case you want to translate the options, there's another way of doing that without causing the mod to malfunction. But you will be required to edit the product file before importing it to your forum... If someone needs to do that, I'll post a little tutorial.
Old 14 May 2010, 02:27

Originally Posted by AcidX View Post
* In the big "Options" textbox, switch "Yes" and "No" so that "Yes" is first. This will make "Yes" the default option.
* Save your changes

The mod will still work if you change the order, but it will not work if you change or try to translate the entire name of the options. In case you want to translate the options, there's another way of doing that without causing the mod to malfunction. But you will be required to edit the product file before importing it to your forum... If someone needs to do that, I'll post a little tutorial.
Thank you for this great mod. Working on 4.0.3 but this solution for default option is not working. I need to have the default option "Private Message", would you please work on it?

Thank you.
Old 14 May 2010, 17:35

Originally Posted by Breathex View Post
Thank you for this great mod. Working on 4.0.3 but this solution for default option is not working. I need to have the default option "Private Message", would you please work on it?

Thank you.
To do that, erase "yes" and "email" from the options field and just leave "Private Message" and "No". But leave Private Message on top. That will put PM as the default and "no" as an option that people could choose if they don't like the feature.
Old 14 May 2010, 17:37

Originally Posted by AcidX View Post
* Save your changes

Thanks for the Mod AcidX. Just a suggestion. On one of the older versions of this mod, instead of having the quote notification sent to your PM, you could just click on "user cp" and it would be below subscribed threads and above Latest Rep. Any chance you could do this again? My Members loved it and you wouldnt have to get a ton of PM's.