Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Integrated Classifieds Plugin - by Panjo Details »»
Integrated Classifieds Plugin - by Panjo
Developer Last Online: Nov 2014 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.x.x Rating: (7 votes - 3.86 average) Installs: 34
Released: 07 Jul 2012 Last Update: 04 Nov 2014 Downloads: 513
Supported Uses Plugins Additional Files External Content  

Download

Download the vBulletin classifieds mod from Panjo: Attachment 150876. (for vB 4.x.x)

What is this mod?

The Panjo marketplace mod is a full-featured, secure marketplace (AKA classifieds) solution for communities running on the vBulletin software platform. Each week, hundreds of thousands of sellers complete millions of dollars of sales in the Panjo network. We are focused on helping buyers and sellers transact in a secure and convenient environment. For forum owners, Panjo helps:
  • Increase engagement
  • Reduce administrative burden
  • Optionally generate a new source of revenue

Over 250 vBulletin sites use this plugin, here are 6 of them.

BMW marketplace (Bimmerforums)
Radio control marketplace (HobbyTalk)
Porsche marketplace (Planet-9)
Winter sports marketplace (Teton Gravity)
Audi marketplace (Audizine)
Outdoors marketplace (Bushcraft)

Gallery

Latest releases

The Panjo blog reports all the newest classified features and previews forthcoming features. This mod has been under continual development and improvement since 2012. If it has been more than two weeks since you last reviewed it, look again. The mod is always improving and evolving based on the input of our partners.

Panjo facts
  • The Panjo plugin is free.
  • There are no Panjo fees for buyers or sellers.
  • There are no Panjo fees for forum owners.
  • Panjo uses PayPal for integrated payment processing.
  • Panjo can process payments in a variety of international currencies.
  • You can optionally set a transaction fee for successful sales.
  • You can optionally set a listing fee.
  • Panjo’s system automatically collects the fee and remits it to you.
  • vBulletin vetted Panjo’s plugin, endorsed it, and preinstalled it in vB 4.2.2.
  • The Panjo marketplace plugin for vBulletin works on versions 3.7.x - 4.2.2.
  • Panjo has eight associates in Santa Monica, CA, USA.

Partial Feature List

Payment Collection Options for Sellers
- PayPal, fully integrated via PayPal chained payments API
- Collect payment on own
- Local pickup only

Listing Types
- Buy-it-Now
- Adjustable quantity control
- Or best offer
- Trade
- Wanted
- Free

Email and PM Notifications
- Users receive emails and PMs when a buyer asks a question or when an item sells.

Categories and Attributes
- Categories can be added and assigned as subcategories
- Attributes can be added per category and used in multiple categories

Fees
- Optionally add transaction fees or listing fees per user group
- Optionally control who can sell per user group

Search
- Search by keyword
- Search by listings with / without photos
- Search by category
- Search by attribute
- Search by newest
- Search by oldest
- Search by most viewed
- Search by closest (each listing gets a geographical tag)
- Search by price
- Search by time frame
- Search by distance from a postal code

Multiple Currencies
- Australian Dollar | AUD
- Canadian Dollar | CAD
- Czech Koruna | CZK
- Danish Krone | DKK
- Euro | EUR
- Hong Kong Dollar | HKD
- Norwegian Krone | NOK
- New Zealand Dollar | NZD
- Pound Sterling | GBP
- Singapore Dollar | SGD
- Swedish Krona | SEK
- Swiss Franc | CHF
- U.S. Dollar | USD

Shipping
- System calculates shipping price based on locations of buyer and seller.

Attachments
- Drag and drop photo upload. Photos served up via Amazon CDN.

Feedback System
- Allow buyers to submit feedback about transactions.
- Allow sellers to respond to feedback about transactions.

Listing Control
- Archive listings that have expired or are completed.

Sales history
- Buyers and sellers have access to a sales history of of completed transactions.

Widget
- Widget can display recently posted items.

Contact Seller
- Link to contacts seller when viewing a listing

Administrative Control
- Full suite of admin controls and transaction reports.

Moderation
- Approve or unapprove listings

vBulletin integration
- Listings appear in legacy vBulletin for sale sub forums.

Questions?

Call us at: (424) 272-0291
Email: thomas@panjo.com
Private Message us on vBulletin.org
For more information, please visit the Panjo Website.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Enthusify Classifieds Mod for vBulletin 3.7.x Enthusify vBulletin 3.7 Add-ons 26 19 Feb 2014 23:29

Comments
Old 07 Jul 2012, 16:27

Whoa ...

" How quickly does Enthusify fund the seller?

Enthusify funds a seller fourteen (14) days after a buyer purchases the seller's item. This escrow period helps protect buyers and sellers. "

Yeah .. good luck with that.
Old 07 Jul 2012, 17:52

Originally Posted by SwollenCranium View Post
Yeah .. good luck with (14 day escrow).
SwollenCranium - Thanks for the feedback. We had to start somewhere in version 1 of this vBulletin classifieds plugin. The 14 day escrow was the most happy medium. Some of our beta partners do a decent number of international transactions and for them, 14 days isn't quite enough. Nevertheless, you are not alone in your desire for something other than a 14 day escrow. An upcoming release will include a mechanism for the buyer and seller to confirm the transaction is complete and successful in order to allow the release of funds as soon as possible as opposed to a fixed number of days from the date of purchase.

Please keep the feedback coming. Version 1 was architected with the guidance and advice of many forum owners and members. We have an exciting product roadmap ahead. Each bit of feedback helps shapes that roadmap.
Old 07 Jul 2012, 18:09

You might want to mark this properly.

1) Plugin: This modification uses the plugin or product system.
2) External: This modification pulls in content from 3rd party sites.
3) File Additions: This modification includes new files to upload.

Even though it is in the description, I'm not sure how to alert everyone that you have to pay to use this mod.

vB 4 Modification System
Old 07 Jul 2012, 18:21

Originally Posted by nhawk View Post
You might want to mark this properly.
1) Plugin: This modification uses the plugin or product system.
2) External: This modification pulls in content from 3rd party sites.
3) File Additions: This modification includes new files to upload.
Even though it is in the description, I'm not sure how to alert everyone that you have to pay to use this mod.
Thanks for the note. To the best of my knowledge, the marks are assigned by the moderators of vB.org. I'll alert someone here to update the marks.

As for your comment that "you have to pay to use this mod." That isn't exactly true. The plugin is free. The plugin actually generates revenue for the forum owner. The plugin includes payment processing components. Use of the payment processing components do incur credit card processing and other fees that are charged to the seller (not the forum owner). In fact, Enthusify splits the fees income with the forum owner. The plugin can be a source of new revenue for forum owners who wish to implement it in that way. Some forum owners choose to waive their share of fees which can reduce the fees a seller incurs when he/she successfully sells an item to a buyer.
Old 07 Jul 2012, 18:28

Originally Posted by Enthusify View Post
Thanks for the note. To the best of my knowledge, the marks are assigned by the moderators of vB.org. I'll alert someone here to update the marks.

As for your comment that "you have to pay to use this mod." That isn't exactly true. The plugin is free. The plugin actually generates revenue for the forum owner. The plugin includes payment processing components. Use of the payment processing components do incur credit card processing and other fees that are charged to the seller (not the forum owner). In fact, Enthusify splits the fees income with the forum owner. The plugin can be a source of new revenue for forum owners who wish to implement it in that way. Some forum owners choose to waive their share of fees which can reduce the fees a seller incurs when he/she successfully sells an item to a buyer.
Look at 'Edit Settings' in the first post. That is where the marks are set.

I guess the 10% fee when someone sells something isn't a payment of sorts. Symantics is all it is.

It boils down to a commercial product being distributed for free to make you money. It has no 'lite' function that avoids any fees to the person that uses it.

vB 4 Modification System
Old 07 Jul 2012, 18:32

Originally Posted by Enthusify View Post
Some forum owners
Other than my initial skepticism about finance (who isn't a bit skeptical about money making plans these days?) I'm intrigued by the plugin and would like to see it in production environment.

Do you have a link to a site already running this?
Old 07 Jul 2012, 18:44

Don't get me wrong, I'm intrigued by it also. But there isn't a 'try before you pay' option anywhere. It would have been better if people could use it with their own PayPal account (or whatever other payment system they use), and then as an option use it with the escrow account and 10% fee.

vB 4 Modification System
Old 07 Jul 2012, 19:54

Look at 'Edit Settings' in the first post. That is where the marks are set. It boils down to a commercial product being distributed for free to make you money. It has no 'lite' function that avoids any fees to the person that uses it.
Thanks! I don't know why I missed that settings option no matter how hard I was hunting for it. I updated the markings.

Yes - this is a commercial product that is being distributed for free. I would put this mod in the same camp as services like VigLink or Post Release - vBulletin enhancements that are free and designed to generate revenue for the forum owner and the mod author.
Old 07 Jul 2012, 23:07

But there isn't a 'try before you pay' option anywhere. It would have been better if people could use it with their own PayPal account (or whatever other payment system they use), and then as an option use it with the escrow account and 10% fee.
From the perspective of forum owners, you can try the plugin. Simply download it, install it, and contact enthusify for the required security key and marketplace id. Enthusify can point your freshly installed plugin to our test environment and give you a demo credit card number to walk through a transaction end-to-end. You can install the plugin and hide it from your members.

From the perspective of sellers, they could use it with their own PayPal account (or whatever other payment system they use), and then as an option use it with the escrow account and 10% fee. They would simply need to indicate in their listing that they prefer the buyer to pay them through their preferred method. I think the point you may be making is that, in version 1, a seller can't 'turn off' the embedded payment option. But a seller can direct a buyer to pay him/her through a method other than the included payment option.
Old 08 Jul 2012, 02:33

Thanks

where is this code Token??
------------------------------------ ----
Secret string of text used to generate authentication tokens.

[You will be given this as part of your install package.]
Old 08 Jul 2012, 04:34

I love the look and setup of the system. I would use it in a second if it did not regulate my users transactions, 14 days is insanity. It doesn't protect anybody really because most people, like me, are never going to ship a single thing without payment.
Old 08 Jul 2012, 05:24

Originally Posted by likaweb View Post
where is this code Token?? Secret string of text used to generate authentication tokens.
We issue each forum a unique marketplace ID and a security key. Simply email me at: chad@enthusify.com with your forum URL and I'll reply with a marketplace ID and security key
Old 08 Jul 2012, 05:32

Originally Posted by nukinfuts29 View Post
14 days is insanity. It doesn't protect anybody really because most people, like me, are never going to ship a single thing without payment.
On the topic of your concern about the 14 day escrow... As I wrote up above, "The 14 day escrow was the most happy medium. Some of our beta partners do a decent number of international transactions and for them, 14 days isn't quite enough. Nevertheless, you are not alone in your desire for something other than a 14 day escrow. An upcoming release will include a mechanism for the buyer and seller to confirm the transaction is complete and successful in order to allow the release of funds as soon as possible as opposed to a fixed number of days from the date of purchase."

You expressed concern about shipping in absence of a payment. The included escrow service should address that concern. The Enthusify plugin notifies a seller when a fully qualified payment is received. Thus, when the system notifies you that your item sold, you are shipping with confidence that a payment is standing by in escrow for you.
Old 08 Jul 2012, 11:43

Been looking for a classiifeds for ages, but we only really want our members to sell to other members and also offer services such as car tuning etc.. Not sure if this pluigin is for us as it looks more like a shop than a classifieds listing... But we'll give it a shot..