Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
You Never Have To Fight Spam Again -- Spam Hammer Details »»
You Never Have To Fight Spam Again -- Spam Hammer
Developer Last Online: Sep 2014 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.x.x Rating: (88 votes - 4.75 average) Installs: 540
Released: 22 Oct 2012 Last Update: 21 Jan 2014 Downloads: 3056
Supported Uses Plugins  

No captchas, no puzzles, no Q&A, no moderation, 1 plugin -- simple.

Originally Posted by Bacon Butty View Post
I've always had a problem with Spam - I'd tried every mod out there, as well as every default feature to keep them at bay but nothing worked as well as I'd hoped, and recently our spam attacks hit a new level -- since installing this and disabling every other feature - I've not had one instance of spam. Unbelievable.

Install with a simple download and import (no uploads or setup). You can comfortably try 3-Series unrestricted in features and contribute back to it as a license owner after using it for some days, or revert to the lower 1-Series.

Get 3-Series Now | Get 1-Series Now
>>> Before Exiting, Mark as Installed In Top Right Mod Information Box >>>

The dozens of testimonials below are there _because_ this is a professionally made plugin. I'm extending a week of Free, completely unlocked usage of the 3-Series service to vBulletin.org users, including technical support.

Originally Posted by crazyboy1661 View Post
Hello vbresults, I have installed this mod on my site and working really great. You made my work so easy. thanks for your MOD
Originally Posted by Krazeguy View Post
The best modification on vBulletin.org in my opinion! It works very, very well and the Author is VERY quick at responding to questions and issues. Great service, great mod!
Originally Posted by Vitaris View Post
Just dropping in to say this plugin is a life saver. We've had anti-spam measures in place for years, but in the last couple of weeks bots have started to get around those measures and have been hammering my forums incessantly. This blocks well over 70 spam bots a day, so thank you! I now give a little cheer each time I get a mail notification (activated just for my gratification that another bot was foiled).
Originally Posted by abqtj View Post
Well I've had this for a week now on my forum and it's stopped almost 4,000. I'd say it works.
Originally Posted by GONUMBER6 View Post
I have mine set at 30 seconds and so far no spambots have made it through.
Originally Posted by Vantastic View Post
This is working a charm... in 6 hours it has bagged 150 spammers... and my site isn't even one of the big forums...
Originally Posted by Vintum View Post
Just want to say that I have installed this plugin a few weeks ago, and have yet to see a spam bot get past registration. I have it set to send me an e-mail every time to an account I set up just for this program, and believe me - they have certainly been trying.
Originally Posted by jcgriff2 View Post
1st one caught just 4 minutes after installation!
Originally Posted by DAMNIK View Post
Over 50 in the last 6 hrs.
Originally Posted by Baf_Jams View Post
Thank you coder 1 less spammer that mods don't have to deal with
Originally Posted by smstoolbox View Post
Hi, This does exactly what it said it would - after 2 days received over 800 emails, thank you very much for your work...
Originally Posted by wayne.richards@ View Post
I honestly thought this wouldn't be much good but its amazing, only installed it half hour ago and 5 dodgy registrations blocked! INSTALL IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by Jim Quinn View Post
Brilliant Mod! After initial implementation, over 1,600 blocked attempts in less than a 12 hour period.
Originally Posted by JMocks View Post
This mod is amazing. And does its job. I haven't changed ANY of the settings. 13 days since forum launch, has 113 blocks. Thanks again!
Originally Posted by patrick91 View Post
Need to say it works like a charm. After installation few days ago had more than 40 bots that where blocked! Great marked as installed! Using vB4.2 Pl3... It saves me a lot of time to ban and remove those and now have to do nothing at all
Originally Posted by Rostor View Post
41 bots blocked in 64 min Good very good mod
Originally Posted by Neno View Post
my programmer loaded it today: I turned it on: caught 12 bots in 30 minutes registering in less than 15 sec. LOVE IT, now i can turn registration back on. TY
Originally Posted by dwkmi View Post
I was getting bots about every 2 to 4 minutes, so I turned off registration for a few days. Installed this, turned registration back on, and in the past 15 hours it has stopped 74 bots, and a real person registered fine. 100% success rate.
Originally Posted by Jason Ramsey View Post
already blocked 33 in about 30 minutes on one of our sites. Spam had gotten so bad, we had resorted to manual registrations on all of our sites. (We still do it for other reasons on one of them, which is also the one that this plugin has denied over 30 spammers in the last 1/2 hour). This could be the single-best mod ever made. Thank you, very much.
Originally Posted by midgetgrimm View Post
I just want to say thank you for this mod. It is a very efficient mod. In less than 24 hours it has stopped over 80 attempts. Majority from Ukraine/Russia region. So thanks for the inventive, and creative idea and for putting it together for all of us for free. Cheers mate Installed and rated as well.
Originally Posted by strudinox View Post
Just wanted to drop in and say thanks x 10000!! I've been hammered by spammer registrations the past few months. An hour after installing this mod I had 60 emails about blocked registrations! I'll turn off the email function for now, but glad there is finally a way to block these bots! Installed + Rated!
Originally Posted by msolano View Post
I have to thank you so much for this. Even though I enabled Akismet service (Anti-Spam Service from vBulletin) and Human Verification Questions/Answers many months ago, the last week I had a lots of bots spamming, my moderators were getting annoying but this saved the day. Send them to Miserable group is a must! My site is a little one but spammers don't care about the size. Again, thank you so much and I voted for this (MOTM) I set the time in 17 seconds: 10 reports in 30 minutes, most of them < 5 seconds.
Originally Posted by rodajest View Post
Great mod! 25 blocked on the first 20 min
Originally Posted by canadianrodder View Post
Pete, that's hug. Installed last night about this time and have received 115 block reports.
Originally Posted by pete_brady View Post
10,100 bots rejected so far nice.
Originally Posted by bomb192uk View Post
Excellent mod, simple and effective. Over 300 blocked in 24 hours! (all were spam)
Originally Posted by mrfarb View Post
Like others, I recently got bombarded by spammers. I installed GlowHost mod, but this one seems so simple it's a no brainer, and not intrusive at all. I've disabled the other mod and left this in place, it's stopping a bot registration every minute or so! Excellent! Voted for MOTM for sure, thanks.
Originally Posted by gajinoz View Post
I saw this mod some time ago but didn't pay it much attention, I wasn't getting much in the way of spammers and they were reasonably easily handled. Recently though I started getting swamped with the buggers so I thought I'd give this mod a go. VERY glad I did, in the 12 hours since installing it over 60 bots have been stopped and they're still coming. EXCELLENT mod, very happy with it. Thanks. (My mod team thanks you too.)
Originally Posted by da prez View Post
I have only had 2 spammers try and 2 spammers caught. Nominated. Thanks
Originally Posted by BGN64 View Post
Before installing this mod I was getting 10-20 spam registrations per day. After installing I am getting 2 per week. THANK YOU!!!
Originally Posted by John Lester View Post
I installed this about a week ago before going to bed, woke up the next morning and found 134 emails from blocked registrants Have it set to 9 seconds and most of them had a time difference between 3 and 5 seconds. Love it!
Originally Posted by dilbert View Post
I've been using this for two weeks now. 3,052 spammers blocked and I have a very small site. Thank you again.
Originally Posted by The Cat! View Post
70 in the first hour. Awesome mod.
Originally Posted by CharlieDelta View Post
What a great mod. Within the first 24 hours I had 50 emails. Works so well I had to turn the emails off. Thank you for sharing!
Originally Posted by JarretC View Post
Awesome so far! Just installed and have already blocked 2 spammers within 5 minutes of installation.

About a year ago, version 1.0 (previously named Bot Blocker, which later became known as 1-Series) of this plugin was made on paid contract for U.S. Message Boards, and the forum owner asked for it to be released to vBulletin.org -- say thank you!

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
You Never Have To Fight Spam Again -- Spam Hammer vbresults vBulletin 3.8 Add-ons 220 Yesterday 20:37

Comments
Old 22 Oct 2012, 23:10

Excellent concept. I must try it.
Old 22 Oct 2012, 23:12

Originally Posted by ProSportsForums View Post
Excellent concept. I must try it.
It's the Endemol of Bot Blockers.

Nominated for MOTM.

Last edited by Max Taxable : 22 Oct 2012 at 23:20.
Old 23 Oct 2012, 01:53

Already been made.
Old 23 Oct 2012, 02:04

Originally Posted by MegaManSec View Post
Already been made.
As explained in the OP. But this is updated, has AdminCP options and controls, and has more options.

The only other thing this needs is a way to turn the emails off.
Old 23 Oct 2012, 02:21

Excellent will try it out
Old 23 Oct 2012, 02:43

Option to turn off email notifications?
Old 23 Oct 2012, 02:44

Originally Posted by Max Taxable View Post
As explained in the OP. But this is updated, has AdminCP options and controls, and has more options.

The only other thing this needs is a way to turn the emails off.
Yes - missed that but badly needed.
Old 23 Oct 2012, 02:45

Originally Posted by MegaManSec View Post
Already been made.
The other one was for vB 3.x. This is for vB 4.x/
Old 23 Oct 2012, 12:32

I have to ask here too. What's with the plug for the site linked to the "Check this out"? Essentially you just spammed your anti-spam mod with a spam link to a site that has nothing to do with the mod.

Swapped 2 sites to Xenforo since vBulletin left me hanging for so long with the vB4 - PHP5 compatibility issues. Running PHP 5.5 with Xenforo with NO issues.
Old 23 Oct 2012, 13:57

Originally Posted by Rich View Post
I have to ask here too. What's with the plug for the site linked to the "Check this out"? Essentially you just spammed your anti-spam mod with a spam link to a site that has nothing to do with the mod.
vbresults is the developer's own site.

This Mod bagged 50 spam bots overnight, 72 total since install.

Last edited by Max Taxable : 23 Oct 2012 at 14:02.
Old 23 Oct 2012, 14:05

It got 4 for me last night and emailed me the results, the ips however didn't
get sent to miserable users.
Old 23 Oct 2012, 14:10

Originally Posted by steviewonder44 View Post
It got 4 for me last night and emailed me the results, the ips however didn't get sent to miserable users.
It works on my 3.8.. The IPs wind up right in the box where they belong in the MU control page.

Is the box blank? Try adding a IP address to it, then see if Bot Blocker then is able to "find" it.
Old 23 Oct 2012, 14:31

The box has the ips I added manually before but not any new ones from this mod.
Old 23 Oct 2012, 17:50

1.2 first zip adds the ability to turn off email reports.

1.2 second zip fixes an issue with adding IP's to the 4.x version of Miserable Users (reported by steviewonder44).

It seemed necessary. Enjoy

Last edited by vbresults : 23 Oct 2012 at 18:01. Reason: Added note for Miserable Users zip.