30 Oct 2001, 23:04
- HTML always enabled in Admin and Moderator posts
- "Send" link next to ICQ #s in profiles. Allows pager messages to be sent through the forums
- USENET Hack. Integration with alt.games.unreal, alt.games.unreal.tournament, and alt.games.unreal.ed. Currently mirrored to/from usenet every 10 minutes
- # of Threads Started in User Profile
- Spin Threads - The bottom option in the "Admin Options" pulldown. Allows mass moving/deleting/closing of threads in specific forums. Handy if you stumble on a crapload of obsenities, spam, etc..(very useful in the un-controlable usenet forums)
- MD5 Password encryption - Users have the ability to have their passwords encrypted via a one way encryption method(option in User CP). While lost passwords cannot be recovered, a new one can be generated and emailed to them(all automatic, user just has to go through the "lost password" process) and from there they can change their password.
- Community Bulletin - If set to recieve in a user's CP, they will recieve a community bulletin containing information such as the XX posts with the most replies, or the XX posts with the most views, etc...as well as their username and password(if encrypted, password will be garbage ) Community Bulletins sent via Admin CP
- Advanced Signature Editor - Allows a signature to be edited with the same options present as if making a post. The smilies and vBcode tables are present, and it can be previewed on both background colors present. You can try this out in the User CP under "Edit Profile"
- Mods Control Access - There is now the option to give moderators the ability to control access into their forums. For example, a moderator of a clan forum could give all the members of their clan access to the private forum without involving us.
- Configurable Smilie Display Order - Configure the order in which smilies are displayed - Under "Edit Smilies" in Admin CP
- Re-route to forum or to post? Users can select whether to be redirected to the forum they posted in, or the post they just made/replied to. A default value can be set in the User CP as with email notification, for example, and it can be changed to one or the other at the time of the post, as can be done with email notification.
- Bump Thread - Threads can now be bumped(moved to the top of the list, but not made sticky) without being posted in. This can be done with moderators. At the bottom of a thread, go to Admin Options -> Bump Thread
- Improved Access Masks - Has a drop-down menu when editing a specific user's access to all the forums. In admin CP when selecting "Edit access masks" on a user.
- Avatars Stored as Files - Custom avatars are now storn as files in the /avatars folder. This prevents caching issues with IE, reduces server queries, and the avatars can be protected by .htaccess
- "vBpad" - A personal notepad found in the user CP. Can be used for remembering things, if you don't finish a post and want to save it, etc, etc..
- Change Username - Via the User CP, users can change their name once every X amount of time if they have over X posts. The last 5 names they've had are loged and shown in their profile
- FAQ Editor - Every aspect of the FAQ can now be edited via the Admin CP
- Mass PM - Sent PMs to lots of members at once
- Find/Copy/Preview in template edits
- Font Class Bandwidth Saving/Size Reducing Trick. <font face="..." color="..."> is replaced with <font class="nf">
- Online/Offline Glow - The respective word has a "glow" on it.
- Link to specific post hack - Next to the "IP: Logged" bit is a link to that specific post, with the reply number that post is in the specific thread.
Comments on the forum? Design? Etc...
No members have liked this post.