Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Spam Killer Hack v1.0 (includes Lesane's Store Hack Addon) Details »»
Spam Killer Hack v1.0 (includes Lesane's Store Hack Addon)
Developer Last Online: May 2008 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 2.2.x Rating: (0 vote - 0 average) Installs: 21
Released: 04 Jul 2002 Last Update: Never Downloads: 2
Not Supported  

As requested [ Here ] by Hot Dogg

// ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
// +++++++ Lesane Store Hack Version +++++++
// +++++++ Queries to Run (8) +++++++
// +++++++ File Modification (12) +++++++
// +++++++ storeadmin.php (3) +++++++
// +++++++ newthread.php (1) +++++++
// +++++++ newreply.php (1) +++++++
// +++++++ admin/user.php (5) +++++++
// +++++++ admin/functions.php (2) +++++++
// +++++++ Template Modifications (1) +++++++
// +++++++ postbit template (1) +++++++

// +++++++ Regular Spam Killer Version +++++++
// +++++++ Queries to Run (8) +++++++
// +++++++ File Modification (9) +++++++
// +++++++ newthread.php (1) +++++++
// +++++++ newreply.php (1) +++++++
// +++++++ admin/user.php (5) +++++++
// +++++++ admin/functions.php (2) +++++++
// +++++++ Template Modifications (1) +++++++
// +++++++ postbit template (1) +++++++

---------------------
What Does This Hack Do?
---------------------

* Notice: Please read the features and more below. If you have any questions please feel free to find support in the thread or at my forum!
Be sure to read the instructions closely since this is a double deal concerning different versions.
User the Store Hack Instructions if you're using a store and the regular instructions if you're not!

+++++++ Post Killer - What is it? +++++++
Allows you to seperate the spammers from the rest of the forum.
It will create a new post count called spam posts.
You will then be able to change the minimum amount of characters before a post is considered spam from the Admin CP.
Includes configuration for disabling Spam Killer from Administrators and Moderators!
Spam Posts are shown on the postbit right under the post count!
Post Count Deletion has been taken out in the deletion of posts and threads to keep post counts from falling into negatives when pruning or deleting!
Also i know some members were looking for taking out the drop of posts while deleting threads and posts
Another Addition is New Member Spam Killing. You can enable it or disable it from Admin CP as well.
If you enable it you can also configure the amount of posts before Spam Killing Begins on Newer Members.

+++++++ Lesane Store Hack Post Killer - More? Yep +++++++
Some History:
I honestly don't use Lesane's Store Hack. I really like the set up and think its a great hack, but just never used it.
but Hot Dogg requested such an addon so why not right Enough Talk

More Features? :
Not only does the Lesane Store Hack get all of the features of the Regular Post Killer Hack it gets a special feature!
Since it's based off of Points System it allows users to gain posts while posting.
But with the Spam Killer you have the ability to set the Spam Killer to actually take away a specified amount of points from the user rather then them gettig points for spamming
And its also controlled in the Admin CP.

+++++++ Differences? +++++++
The difference between the two hacks is that not only does the Lesane Store Hack get an extra feature but they're also based differently.
Since Lesane's Store Hack already has a set database storeadmin i used that so that the options to be configured are in the storeadmin.php
As for the regular Spam Killer they're in vbulletins setting options
Well i hope that all members... both the Store Users and regular users enjoy this hack and have some fun killing Spammers

Sorry but once again i don't have any screenshots -_- but i did beta test it so enjoy it... If anyone could provide any i would appreciate it

Hot Dogg the only thing i didn't add in was the smileys inclusion wasnt' sure about that but i did and some other features enjoy man

g-force2k2

Edit: quick fix in the lesane store setup thanks to Lovaboye For details on the two fixes view [ Here ]

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Poll Points addon for Lesane's Store hack trafix vBulletin 2.x Full Releases 7 25 Nov 2003 14:28
Donation authorization addon for Lesane's Store hack trafix vBulletin 2.x Full Releases 8 25 Mar 2003 10:15

Comments
Old 04 Jul 2002, 12:17

Great! I'll install this tonight
Old 04 Jul 2002, 14:38

Cool

Satan

Please do not Private Message, Email or Instant Message me for Support with vBulletin or help with any Modifications to vBulletin - Doing so may result in angering my own personal Dragon bodyguard, Smokey...
Old 04 Jul 2002, 14:57

ill be installing this
Old 04 Jul 2002, 15:13

looks good, well done
Old 04 Jul 2002, 17:45

Dope man you are the ++++....can someone attach the TXT file cause i dont have vbhacker....
Old 04 Jul 2002, 18:23

yeah it is the text file Hot Dogg i just use php files instead of using regular text files... don't know why just do

g-force2k2
--
[ Posting Required Before Poll Voting ] | [ vb3 Font Color Hack ] | [ vb3 User Forum Activeness Hack ] | [ vb3 Postbit Style Option ] | [ vb3 User Ratings Hack ]
Old 05 Jul 2002, 00:39

dope man thx will install in a few days
Old 05 Jul 2002, 00:49

woah waoh, thx buddy but can you make ainstruction for your hack only cause i already have the store hack installed.
Old 05 Jul 2002, 01:17

yeah Lovaboye its only an addon to the Store Hack install file instructions contain the regular spam hack version and the one modified to work with the store hac

g-force2k2
--
[ Posting Required Before Poll Voting ] | [ vb3 Font Color Hack ] | [ vb3 User Forum Activeness Hack ] | [ vb3 Postbit Style Option ] | [ vb3 User Ratings Hack ]
Old 05 Jul 2002, 01:45

Can we talk on aim? I get this message whenever i try to save my work in the config panel:

Database error in vBulletin Control Panel 2.2.6:

Invalid SQL: UPDATE storeadmin SET id='1',storename='Cool Store', pointname='Money', welcome='Welcome on the store', welcomed='Here you can buy different goodies for the forum', showimg='N', showrich='Y', showgoodie='Y',newthread=10, newreply=5, reply1=1, reply2=2, reply3=3, reply4=4, reply5=5, rpoint1=1, rpoint2=2, rpoint3=3, rpoint4=4, rpoint5=5, view1=1, view2=2, view3=3, view4=4, view5=5, vpoint1=1, vpoint2=2, vpoint3=3, vpoint4=4, vpoint5=5, spamenabled=1, characters='250', pdeduction='5', spambyadmin=1, spambymod=1, spamnewbie=1, =''
mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near '=''' at line 1

mysql error number: 1064

Date: Thursday 04th of July 2002 09:34:54 PM
Script: http://www.mysite.com/forum/forum/admin/storeadmin.php
Referer: http://www.mysite.com/forum/admin/st...?action=config

Last edited by Lovaboye : 05 Jul 2002 at 01:52.
Old 05 Jul 2002, 02:25

yeah whats your AIM?

g-force2k2

UPDATE storeadmin SET id='1',storename='Cool Store', pointname='Money', welcome='Welcome on the store', welcomed='Here you can buy different goodies for the forum', showimg='N', showrich='Y', showgoodie='Y',newthread=10, newreply=5, reply1=1, reply2=2, reply3=3, reply4=4, reply5=5, rpoint1=1, rpoint2=2, rpoint3=3, rpoint4=4, rpoint5=5, view1=1, view2=2, view3=3, view4=4, view5=5, vpoint1=1, vpoint2=2, vpoint3=3, vpoint4=4, vpoint5=5, spamenabled=1, characters='250', pdeduction='5', spambyadmin=1, spambymod=1, spamnewbie=1, =''

Take that coding and delete the ending. I believe thats the problem...

spamnewbie=1, =");

should be:

spamnewbie=1");

See if that fixes it

g-force2k2
--

Last edited by g-force2k2 : 05 Jul 2002 at 02:29.
Old 05 Jul 2002, 04:19

I can't see the purpose of this...it basically is determining if someone is a spammer by how many characters are in their post? That is not very accurate. Putting a spam post count isn't likely to upset the spammer either, it'll probably provoke their sick minds to spam even more. I just cut the problem at the roots, and ban the spammer when they first show themself.
Old 05 Jul 2002, 04:25

well it personally makes the poster think before posting a little more... because you have two different kinds of posters... those that post... number counting threads (sad) and you have users that actually post huge posts... sure you can't discern from just characters...

Sure its definately easier to ban imo and i probably wont' use my own hack i just made it because someone requested it

g-force2k2
--
Old 05 Jul 2002, 17:09

Originally posted by Velocd
I can't see the purpose of this...it basically is determining if someone is a spammer by how many characters are in their post? That is not very accurate. Putting a spam post count isn't likely to upset the spammer either, it'll probably provoke their sick minds to spam even more. I just cut the problem at the roots, and ban the spammer when they first show themself.
banning is extreme......it will make peeps think twice because they wont wanna lose there hard earned money