Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
vB Journal for vBulletin 3.0.3(v1.0.1) Details »»
vB Journal for vBulletin 3.0.3(v1.0.1)
Mod Version: 1.0.1, by AN-net (Member) AN-net is offline
Developer Last Online: Jan 2010 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 3.0.7 Rating: (6 votes - 4.50 average) Installs: 462
Released: 16 Sep 2004 Last Update: 23 Sep 2005 Downloads: 98
Not Supported DB Changes Template Edits Code Changes  

vB Journal v1.0.1
By Antonbomb22(Anthony Scudese)

vB Journal 1.5 Beta 1 is now available, click here.

Features:
  • Full vBulletin 3.0.3 intergration
  • Install file for SQL queries
  • Comment System
  • "GoToMyJournal"
  • link from postbit to journal
  • link from profile to journal
  • link from memberlist to journal
  • usergroup permissions
  • journal buddy system(by Wonko)
  • Journal Search Engine
  • journal highlight
  • bbcode parsing
  • smilie parsing
  • Admin Cp Support Section
  • Journal Status Icons
  • Who is viewing
  • most recent journal entries and journals
  • Who Can View for journals and entries
  • Complete journal and entry privacy
  • Comment on entries or journals
  • Journal Moderation(Like Post and Thread Moderation)
  • Entry Moderation(Like Post and Thread Moderation)
  • Pagination
  • Rating System
  • Lock System
  • Moods
  • "Can Have Journal" on a per user basis
  • Ip Logging
  • Journalists can name their journals
  • Export entries in TXT or XML format
  • Flood System
  • Administrators have absolute permissions
  • Search in Journal
  • Last Entry on Journal Index
  • Numerous AdminCp Settings
  • Unique Standard vB Images for vB Journal
  • View Single Entry
  • and so much more...

Version 1.0.1:
  • Many parts of vB Journal 1.0.0 were rewritten to cap security holes lurking within the code.

Features for later versions:
  • journalists can specify colors for their journal
  • attachments
  • subscriptions
  • journal moderators
  • report system
  • more administration options
  • complete phrasing

Demos:
Add-Ons(I Will not give support for these because i did not create them):
Side Credits:
  • Journal Buddy System ~ WonkotheSane
  • Closed Beta Tester ~ Pitman
  • Closed Beta Tester ~ DantX
  • Helpful Person ~ Oblivion Knight
And to all those who helped me find my mistakes and encourage me

Notes:
  • The WOL(Who's Online) is not yet finished but will be released shortly due to some bugs and flaws
  • You may not remove the copyright notice!
  • An import script for Ryangle's ported Journal will be made so dont install this hack for now if you have the vb3 port of Ryangle's

Support:
~READ FIRST POST COMPLETELY BEFORE POSTING PROBLEMS AND MAKE SURE YOU DID ALL EDITS AND REQUIREMENTS!~

Support may be denied if provided files are edited/modified and support may be stopped at any time due to any circumstances.

If you should run into any errors, problems, confusion, or maybe even a suggestion please
foward them to one of the following places:
Contents of Zip:
  • install.txt
  • journal.php
  • journaladmin.php
  • journalinstall.php
  • images

I have also provided several screenshots

Please click install

If you are missing phrases or blank spaces in the usergroup manager click here.

Updates/Fixes:

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Addons

Supporters / CoAuthors

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_1.gif
Views:	4550
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	20693Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2.gif
Views:	3699
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	20694Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_3.gif
Views:	2697
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	20695Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_4.gif
Views:	2573
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	20696

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
  #751  
Old 23 Jan 2005, 01:28
AN-net's Avatar
AN-net AN-net is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Originally Posted by Cloudrunner
Just a quick question...what folder do the moods images default to (if I dun put anything in the input box for that , i.e. just the image name)? root or images?

Thanks

CR
any folder you choose just be sure to provide the path or url to it
Reply With Quote
  #752  
Old 24 Jan 2005, 01:24
Zachariah's Avatar
Zachariah Zachariah is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Canoga Park, CA
Lightbulb Request / Idea

EX: journal.php?do=showjournal&j=1

User(s) see's X amount of entries per page.

I would like to see a char limit (500-1000) option and a link to the "full story + comments" per entry. @ the moment a user can post a book (scroll 5-10 pages)vs. small "previews" and click [more].

Just some thoughts.
__________________
http://www.szone.us | http://www.gzhq.net
Twitter | Facebook | My:Hacks @ vBulletin.org
Member of Kiwanis Club of Chatsworth
Reply With Quote
  #753  
Old 24 Jan 2005, 03:36
AN-net's Avatar
AN-net AN-net is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Originally Posted by HarryButt
EX: journal.php?do=showjournal&j=1

User(s) see's X amount of entries per page.

I would like to see a char limit (500-1000) option and a link to the "full story + comments" per entry. @ the moment a user can post a book (scroll 5-10 pages)vs. small "previews" and click [more].

Just some thoughts.
yes that is possible
/me adds to list of journal features for second version
Reply With Quote
  #754  
Old 24 Jan 2005, 17:36
Ninth Dimension's Avatar
Ninth Dimension Ninth Dimension is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Real name: Daniel Hollands
I'm looking to use this hack on an upcoming site of mine.. what I'm interested to know if is it will be possable for admins to set specific members as "featured" journal writers..

I'll go into a bit more detail.. my site is about the paranormal, and so the main forums are going to be used for posts on that topic, i'll be using one of the cool article hacks to post things like reviews on books (such as the da vinci code, for example), and this wonderful journal system for people to keep records of their own paranormal experiances.

Thing is, a few of the members, espiclaly the mods, are people who have dealings with the paranormal every day (such as member of a spiritulist church, a tatrot reader, etc..), and so, while all the other members journals are still worth something - these specific members journals will be far more, uumm, *interesting*, as well (i hope) updated far more often.

Due to this, what I'd be keen on doing is setting a couple of the members as "featured" journals, and somehow have their entries highlighted.. and maybe shown at the top of the list, etc... - you know?

I might even take this as far as having these specific members journals directly listed and linked to from the sites front page.. but that's more of an advanced feature... all I'm keen to know right now is if the idea of setting specific members as features is possable, and if it's currently not, how hard would it be to implament?
__________________
Daniel Hollands - http://theworldofdan.co.uk/
Interactive Story Site - http://unknowntales.net/
TheICE.co.uk Network - http://theice.co.uk/
Arathor Realm Forums - http://arathor.net/
Reply With Quote
  #755  
Old 24 Jan 2005, 18:20
AN-net's Avatar
AN-net AN-net is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Originally Posted by Ninth Dimension
I'm looking to use this hack on an upcoming site of mine.. what I'm interested to know if is it will be possable for admins to set specific members as "featured" journal writers..

I'll go into a bit more detail.. my site is about the paranormal, and so the main forums are going to be used for posts on that topic, i'll be using one of the cool article hacks to post things like reviews on books (such as the da vinci code, for example), and this wonderful journal system for people to keep records of their own paranormal experiances.

Thing is, a few of the members, espiclaly the mods, are people who have dealings with the paranormal every day (such as member of a spiritulist church, a tatrot reader, etc..), and so, while all the other members journals are still worth something - these specific members journals will be far more, uumm, *interesting*, as well (i hope) updated far more often.

Due to this, what I'd be keen on doing is setting a couple of the members as "featured" journals, and somehow have their entries highlighted.. and maybe shown at the top of the list, etc... - you know?

I might even take this as far as having these specific members journals directly listed and linked to from the sites front page.. but that's more of an advanced feature... all I'm keen to know right now is if the idea of setting specific members as features is possable, and if it's currently not, how hard would it be to implament?
well you could add to the journal table a field that indicates if its a featured journal etc. or you can simply have them add it to the title of their journal Such as : "Featured Journal: xxx".

but it would require some php editing and database changes if you were to fully implement it
Reply With Quote
  #756  
Old 24 Jan 2005, 18:26
Ninth Dimension's Avatar
Ninth Dimension Ninth Dimension is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Real name: Daniel Hollands
OK, that sounds easy enough... it's kind of what I was thinking anyway... I was just wondering if you might already have it implamented already...

I noticed you talked about future releases? I was wondering, when might these happen? if at all? Last thing I want to do is use this hack, mod it to my own needs, the find you've released an update (which I either won't be able to use, or i'll have to mod yet again).

Thx.
__________________
Daniel Hollands - http://theworldofdan.co.uk/
Interactive Story Site - http://unknowntales.net/
TheICE.co.uk Network - http://theice.co.uk/
Arathor Realm Forums - http://arathor.net/
Reply With Quote
  #757  
Old 24 Jan 2005, 18:29
AN-net's Avatar
AN-net AN-net is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Originally Posted by Ninth Dimension
OK, that sounds easy enough... it's kind of what I was thinking anyway... I was just wondering if you might already have it implamented already...

I noticed you talked about future releases? I was wondering, when might these happen? if at all? Last thing I want to do is use this hack, mod it to my own needs, the find you've released an update (which I either won't be able to use, or i'll have to mod yet again).

Thx.
there will be a future release but when is uncertain since it has yet to be started. once released there will be major changes to the structure and code so you most likely have to modify the file again at least
Reply With Quote
  #758  
Old 25 Jan 2005, 03:57
elmore elmore is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Template Error - I think...

So I have just been installing the journal system over the past day and I think I have everything but 2 bugs worked out. Both of these seem to be template errors. I've been going over templates now for hours and I'm just burnt. I thought I'd post here to see if someone would be kind enough to give me a gentle shove in the right direction.

Running vBulletin: 3.0.6
vBJournal: v10.0
website: screamingelectron.org

Attached are the screen shots of the two errors I get.

Thanks for the any input!

*Update*

I got the template error in error2.jpg fixed up now. Still having the problem with error1.jpg

*/Update*

*Update 2*

Got the first template error worked out now. Nice mod! Great Work!


*/Update 2*
Attached Images
File Type: jpg error1.jpg (96.8 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg error2.jpg (91.8 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by elmore : 25 Jan 2005 at 21:02.
Reply With Quote
  #759  
Old 25 Jan 2005, 04:30
AN-net's Avatar
AN-net AN-net is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Originally Posted by elmore
So I have just been installing the journal system over the past day and I think I have everything but 2 bugs worked out. Both of these seem to be template errors. I've been going over templates now for hours and I'm just burnt. I thought I'd post here to see if someone would be kind enough to give me a gentle shove in the right direction.

Running vBulletin: 3.0.6
vBJournal: v10.0
website: screamingelectron.org

Attached are the screen shots of the two errors I get.

Thanks for the any input!

*Update*

I got the template error in error2.jpg fixed up now. Still having the problem with error1.jpg

*/Update*
check the if conditions
Reply With Quote
  #760  
Old 25 Jan 2005, 04:47
Ted S Ted S is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
What would it take to add say 5-10 varchar text fields to the journal? I would like to use this hack as a Dive log system but in order for it to be functional it needs to collect some additional information and I'm wondering how feasible that would be. Thank you!
__________________
New features released for Product Review Forums 1.3 (4.0)
Helpful Answers (3.8) (4.0) | Limited Guest Viewing (3.8) (4.0)
Reply With Quote
  #761  
Old 25 Jan 2005, 05:13
AN-net's Avatar
AN-net AN-net is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Originally Posted by Ted S
What would it take to add say 5-10 varchar text fields to the journal? I would like to use this hack as a Dive log system but in order for it to be functional it needs to collect some additional information and I'm wondering how feasible that would be. Thank you!
well you would have to modify certain templates, some parts of the file, and add new fields to the journal or entry table
Reply With Quote
  #762  
Old 25 Jan 2005, 08:28
Ted S Ted S is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Originally Posted by AN-net
well you would have to modify certain templates, some parts of the file, and add new fields to the journal or entry table
So nothing overly complex? I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the amazing hack!
__________________
New features released for Product Review Forums 1.3 (4.0)
Helpful Answers (3.8) (4.0) | Limited Guest Viewing (3.8) (4.0)
Reply With Quote
  #763  
Old 25 Jan 2005, 23:57
MajorFm.com MajorFm.com is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
How can i edit comments in a journal?
Reply With Quote
  #764  
Old 26 Jan 2005, 14:14
AN-net's Avatar
AN-net AN-net is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Originally Posted by MajorFm.com
How can i edit comments in a journal?
you currently can not edit comments...
Reply With Quote
  #765  
Old 26 Jan 2005, 15:20
Cloud-Warrior's Avatar
Cloud-Warrior Cloud-Warrior is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
AN-net - I've missed about 20 pages of comments, and did a search by post and didn't see if you did it yet but has there been an importer written for the old vB3 port of Ryangel's hack?
__________________
Dr. John Breslin
http://www.johnbreslin.com/
Sites: boards.ie | boards.jp
Hacks: news2vb | vBFOAF | vBFriends
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
Forum Jump


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:55.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: