PDA

View Full Version : [RELEASE vB2.0RC1] Copy Templateset

Hotte
24 Apr 2001, 21:16
When using other Templates than the default (ie german templates) than it is usefull to copy this set to a new one before altering them.

File to edit: ./admin/template.php

Around line 235 add the following Code before

// ###################### Start Modify #######################
if ($action=="modify") {

// ###################### Start copyset #######################
if ($action=="copyset") {
$oldset=$DB_site->query_first("SELECT * from templateset where templatesetid=$templateset");
$DB_site->query("INSERT INTO templateset (templatesetid,title) VALUES (NULL,'Copy of ".$oldset[title]."')");
$newset=$DB_site->insert_id();
$sets=$DB_site->query("SELECT * from template where templatesetid=$templateset and title != 'options'");
while($set=$DB_site->fetch_array($sets)){
$DB_site->query("INSERT INTO template (templateid,templatesetid,title,template) VALUES (NULL,$newset,'".addslashes($set[title])."','".addslashes($set[template])."')");
}

echo "<p>copied!</p>";

$action="modify";
}

In action modify around line 357 add

makelinkcode("copy","template.php?s=$session[sessionhash]&action=copyset&templateset=$templateset[templatesetid]").

between

makelinkcode("collapse groups","template.php?s=$session[sessionhash]&action=modify&expandset=$templateset[templatesetid]").
"<ul>\n";

Mas*Mind
24 Apr 2001, 22:02
Nice one! Was planning on making this one myself, but won't bother anymore ;)

Another extra cp-feature I had in mind was 'add template to all template sets' which will add your new template to all sets in one click

And I'm working on a template compare utitility which will check two the same template of two different template sets against eachother and lists the differences of the $var variables.

But first I've to release the vbextern hack :D

conan
25 Apr 2001, 01:25
Thanks man that's a great hack, would this work for RC2?

Hotte
25 Apr 2001, 06:04
Originally posted by conan
Thanks man that's a great hack, would this work for RC2?
Donīt know
But the chance, that it does, looks great. Donīt think, this part of the skript has changed.

SteveK
29 Apr 2001, 21:25
Yes, this works in RC2. It will also work if you have Kier's alternate template admin hack installed. For this, simply add the code in step 2 of this mod to the ktemplate.php file instead - around line 140 in between:

makelinkcode("add new template","template.php?s=$session[sessionhash]&action=add&templatesetid=$templateset[templatesetid]").

and

"<ul>\n";

Remi
11 May 2001, 22:06
That is not working in RC3

Any help SteveK :o

SteveK
12 May 2001, 01:49
I'll test once I update to RC3 and let you know what I find out.

SteveK
14 May 2001, 00:19
I didn't have any problem. You didn't, by chance, change:
if ($action=="copyset") {
to:
if ($HTTP_POST_VARS['action']=="copyset") {
did you? If so, try changing it back.

Remi
14 May 2001, 00:49
Thanks SteveK

It is working now ;)

wajones
14 May 2001, 14:35
Hotte or whom ever likes a challenge...

This is a very useful hack for me, love it... Now :D would you be so kind as to create another. Enabling one to make a copy of individual templates. Like a drop down box that would list the template set's then a copy to button or what ever it takes. Sort of like the drop down that move's the template to another set.

JoshFink
25 Jul 2001, 17:17
WaJones, just saw this good idea.. Any takers :)

Thanks,

Josh

Pie'oh'pah
14 Aug 2001, 00:22
Thanx a bunch for this. i was lookin 4 it with the search function here and sooooo glad i found it :D:D

-Pie