PDA

View Full Version : Mini Mods - Redirect guests to register page from no permission page. Increase Registrations

SEOvB
14 Mar 2008, 08:10
//////////////////////////////////
// This Hack Brought To You By: Dave from SEO vB | Affordable vBulletin Services (http://seovb.com)
//
////////////////////////////////

This hack will redirect gusts from pages commonly not accessible by them to a custom message page where they can continue to register or login.

To Install:
1. Upload product via AdminCP -> Product Manager
2. Configure options vBulletin Options -> Guest Redirect System

New Templates
1. custom_gdirect

Database Changes
1. None

Setup Instructions
1. All settings can be found under vBulletin Options -> Guest Redirect System with a brief explanation.

Whats it do?
This modification redirects users from standard error no permission page to a custom one where you can enter more information about your site or product, as well as let registered members login.

Purpose?
Increase conversion rate of guests

Future Plans
The professional version will have a quick register form and extended options as well as fully phrased

Requirements
1. Should work on all vBulletin version from 3.5 to 3.8. Tested on vBulletin version 3.7.4PL1 and confirmed working.

Uninstall Instructions
Remove Product using vBulletin Product Manager

FAQ
Does this mess with my search engine rankings?
No, this has no effect on your rankings at all.

Can you add additional pages like albums and groups
Yes, in a future version there will be support for more pages

Can you have my babies
Sorry no, currently not possible at this time

Can I donate something for your time
Yes, donations are greatly appreciated, and allow you to remove the copyright

Can i remove the copyright
No, in exchange for my hardwork and time, and your forum registrations increasing, the least you can do is leave the small copyright in place

What does the pro version contain
vBulletin Guest Redirection Pro (http://seovb.com/vbulletin-guest-redirection-professional-enchance-registration) information

projectego
14 Mar 2008, 09:56
Great idea! I'll definitely be installing this. ;) Cheers.

KURTZ
14 Mar 2008, 11:07
template edits?

ramsayeg
14 Mar 2008, 11:51
Installed. thanks!

M-Tuning
14 Mar 2008, 12:14
I'll try to support this as much as possible. Updates aren't likely, If you ask for a screenshot of a redirection, please do not install.

LOL,

nice mod but don't need it :D

Boofo
14 Mar 2008, 14:11
This is an interesting idea I think I can expand on. Thank you, sir. ;)

stelthius
14 Mar 2008, 16:27
Thank you! installed this one

Zaiaku
14 Mar 2008, 16:29
Very nice idea!

SEOvB
14 Mar 2008, 17:17
template edits?

None?

SEOvB
14 Mar 2008, 17:17
This is an interesting idea I think I can expand on. Thank you, sir. ;)

Feel free to make something cool, hopefully get rich from it and then send donations my way :D

ECMatt90
16 Mar 2008, 02:39
I like it and am going to try it. Just wodnering if I don't like it how to I un-install it?

SEOvB
16 Mar 2008, 03:56
Just remove the plugins it creates.

They are all called "Guest X Redirect" where X is the name of the script it redirects from.

jack bro
16 Mar 2008, 15:40
Uninstalled because if someone is already a member but not logged in and they try to perform a members action such as making a post it takes them to the register page instead of giving them the chance to login although I think your product still has good potienial.

Jack.

ivanstanchev
16 Mar 2008, 21:22
Uninstalled because if someone is already a member but not logged in and they try to perform a members action such as making a post it takes them to the register page instead of giving them the chance to login although I think your product still has good potienial.

Jack.

I didnt think of this ..

SEOvB
16 Mar 2008, 21:40
You can always add $navbar to the register template, or edit it so there is a login box for users already registered. :)

UltraFanatics
17 Mar 2008, 09:45
Does this affect spiders?

UltraFanatics
17 Mar 2008, 11:30
I have now done this for showthread.php

Can someone tell me will this affect search engines/spiders?

It will be a great way of getting new members but if it diverts engines/spiders to registration page to then it will be pointless.

Anyone?

iyihost
17 Mar 2008, 17:53
good idea.

SEOvB
17 Mar 2008, 18:55
I have now done this for showthread.php

Can someone tell me will this affect search engines/spiders?

It will be a great way of getting new members but if it diverts engines/spiders to registration page to then it will be pointless.

Anyone?

Yes it will redirect a spider,BUT only if it is trying to post a new thread, reply to a thread, use the search and whatever other plugin you have enabled.

Since if the spider tries to do that action anyone its redirected to a error page, there is 0 harm done redirecting it to a register page instead.

Bottom line: It has no affect on spiders

big_joe
17 Mar 2008, 20:57
my forum is new, the spiders are working, ido have the vbseo on, and sitemaps
does it makes google apart to register, im a little confuse becouse google will read the xml.

some advice please before instaling

Yes it will redirect a spider,BUT only if it is trying to post a new thread, reply to a thread, use the search and whatever other plugin you have enabled.

Since if the spider tries to do that action anyone its redirected to a error page, there is 0 harm done redirecting it to a register page instead.

didnt read thanks

UltraFanatics
17 Mar 2008, 21:03

Ive done it for the showthread though, so will this bugger things up?

youradhere4222
18 Mar 2008, 00:17
It shouldn't harm spiders anymore than it did before you installed this modification.

If you guest can view threads, then it's okay. If they cannot, then there might be a problem.

I don't know how spiders work, but if they do click links, there isn't going to be any real difference in them being redirected to a no permission page or a registration page.

youradhere4222
18 Mar 2008, 00:51
Also, I have a question. If a registered member gets a no permission message, will anything change?

SEOvB
18 Mar 2008, 02:52
No, because they'll only get that if not logged in.

I suggest adding either a login box to the register template, or adding a link for Already registered users to login someplace else :)

youradhere4222
18 Mar 2008, 05:01
No, because they'll only get that if not logged in.

I suggest adding either a login box to the register template, or adding a link for Already registered users to login someplace else :)

What template should I add $navbar in and where do I put it specifically?

UltraFanatics
18 Mar 2008, 09:18
It shouldn't harm spiders anymore than it did before you installed this modification.

If you guest can view threads, then it's okay. If they cannot, then there might be a problem.

I changed the mod so guests couldn't read the threads, therefore it means spiders can't either so I best change it unfortunately :(

SEOvB
19 Mar 2008, 07:47
What template should I add $navbar in and where do I put it specifically?

By default the $navbar variable won't work in the register template.

1. You could copy and paste your entire navbar template into the Registration Templates -> Register directly after the $header code

2. Simply copy and paste the login code from the navbar, and insert it into the register template as well.

If you need help with either one, just let me know

ECMatt90
19 Mar 2008, 15:34
FRDS,

Can you walk us through that please?

SEOvB
22 Mar 2008, 04:30
Yes sorry for the delay.

If your login box is in your navbar (most are).

1. AdminCP -> Styles and Template -> Your Theme -> Navigation and Breadcrumb Templates -> Navbar --- select and copy that entire template (do not edit this template)

2. From Your Theme -> REgistration Templates -> Register ---- Paste the entire code from the navbar template, after the $header text. Save

This should provide a login box on your registration page.

Julrou
24 Mar 2008, 19:50
Hi there !

I installed that hack, works great but... not in memberlist.php page.:confused:

You can see it at : http://www.informatiquefacile.eu/forums

What must i do ? :)

Thks. :up:

Jul.

Julrou
27 Mar 2008, 17:31
Bump ! :):):):):):)

SEOvB
28 Mar 2008, 01:42
Make sure the plguin for the memberlist is enabled. Or try reuploading the plugin and reinstalling.

Works okay here: http://maddengods.org/members/list/

GTX2
05 Apr 2008, 19:48
Nice mod!

I have some questions though:

1) Will this work on 3.6.x ?
2) Will this work also with showthread ?

I have no problem about search engine bots, since i have member bots mod which makes them act as a member...

nightbloom
06 Apr 2008, 06:47
This is good because I have the hack that doesnt allow guests to view links. ^^ That is a whole lotta redirecting to registration. :)

hrk
06 Apr 2008, 10:44
i cant use it as plugins, only products.

SEOvB
06 Apr 2008, 23:02
Nice mod!

I have some questions though:

1) Will this work on 3.6.x ?
2) Will this work also with showthread ?

I have no problem about search engine bots, since i have member bots mod which makes them act as a member...

1. It should work on any 3.5+ vBulletin

2. Not by default, to do that, install the product, then click "Add New Plugin" use these settings:

Product: Guest Redirections
Hook Location: showthread_start
Name: Guest Redirect showThread
Execution Order: 5
plugin code:

if ($show['guest']){
$vbulletin->url = '' . $vbulletin->options['bburl'] . '/register.php';
standard_redirect();
}

Active: yes

that will redirect any not logged in/guest users to register

SEOvB
06 Apr 2008, 23:03
i cant use it as plugins, only products.

It is a product

hrk
06 Apr 2008, 23:58
It is a product

ok. the lo. txt seems dif and confusing.
installed anyway. thanks!

SEOvB
07 Apr 2008, 06:51
Sorry, i didn't update the .txt file after i made this a product. My apologies.

Glad you got it working

fanyap
10 Apr 2008, 15:47
I am getting this error:

A conflict was detected in the bitfields. You cannot continue with the installation of this product until this has been fixed. The conflicts found were:

* Bitfield Collision: credits_cantearn = prefixrequired

cheat-master30
10 Apr 2008, 16:04
That could be an error with vB Credits. Try changing the bitfield for credits_cantearn.

P.S. This is one of the greatest mods ever. Okay, that's an exaggeration, but it does seem to have caused an increase in registrations.

SEOvB
12 Apr 2008, 00:58
I am getting this error:

A conflict was detected in the bitfields. You cannot continue with the installation of this product until this has been fixed. The conflicts found were:

* Bitfield Collision: credits_cantearn = prefixrequired

I wish I could help you but I dont have vbcredits install, or any other credit modifiation to try to replicate the error.

Though this doesn't use bitfields or anything, so I'm almost positive thats caused by something else :confused:

SEOvB
12 Apr 2008, 01:00
P.S. This is one of the greatest mods ever. Okay, that's an exaggeration, but it does seem to have caused an increase in registrations.

Wonderful, Glad to hear its helping :)

theparentpack
12 Apr 2008, 06:46
I am currently running vb version 3.6.9, will there be any conflict if I install this mod?

SEOvB
14 Apr 2008, 19:37
Nope this should work on any vBulletin version that supports plugins.

If you use it, let me know if it works or not so i can update the first post, and get one to work for it :)

Thanks

amore1981
17 Apr 2008, 15:23
grt8 mod but is there away of makeing a url like "'index.php?pageid=my_stuff' " do the same thing?

SEOvB
19 Apr 2008, 22:59
not unless you've got a hook location specifically for that page. You could simply use a meta redirect in the header

<if condition="$show[guest]">
<meta redirect code here />
</if>

then just place that in our my_stuff template above the $header variable and it should work

baymortgage99
20 Apr 2008, 05:41
Any screenshots?

daz1967
20 Apr 2008, 10:07
Works great on 3.6.9 as well

thanks

fukdawrld
20 Apr 2008, 10:16
thank you

SEOvB
25 Apr 2008, 17:29
Any screenshots?

hilarious

tpearl5
30 Apr 2008, 12:52
This looks like a good idea.

Brian30fl
30 Apr 2008, 12:59
hilarious

i am sorry but if you want people to use and install your mod or even donations lil comments like if you need a screen shot dont install or your last one you got to remeber new users get vbulletin all the time and dont understand. might to be more usefull if your willing to help instead of making fun of them. although i am a coder myself. im not flamming or insulting you i just speaking up for the new users out there. anyways have a great day and the mod isnt to bad but i dont need it :)

J105C
01 May 2008, 15:46
i am sorry but if you want people to use and install your mod or even donations lil comments like if you need a screen shot dont install or your last one you got to remeber new users get vbulletin all the time and dont understand. might to be more usefull if your willing to help instead of making fun of them. although i am a coder myself. im not flamming or insulting you i just speaking up for the new users out there. anyways have a great day and the mod isnt to bad but i dont need it :)
True, but this is a simple mod. Why would you need a SS lol.

SEOvB
03 May 2008, 03:26
Its a redirect.... If anyone expects screenshots of a redirect then I'm not sure what to tell them other then kindly do not install because its probably to advanced.

d2sector
03 May 2008, 04:04
Great Mod thanks.

keyness
11 May 2008, 15:11
Nice idea indeed, I am sure it would help, but in my opinion these redirected registrations are useless, It just enlarges the total members number and its distance with active users.

Julrou
12 May 2008, 08:50
Hi there !

I does no longer work for me on page memberlist.php and search.php... :confused::(

Jul.

AdrianH
12 May 2008, 09:35
Tried it ,removed it.

If permissions are set correctly guests will get a default no permission page which explains the need to log in AND also provides a link to the registration page, if they are going to register they will use this link, the redirect in this mod does nothing to explain to a visitor why they have been taken to the new page.

ABDALWAHID
12 May 2008, 10:11
In my forum guests may not be the profile members to see. But your plugins when these actions is not responding.

Yours sincerely,

Mesohu
12 May 2008, 10:23
Installed & modified :) .

Good idea FRDS .

Triky
12 May 2008, 11:43
Does it automatically redirect afret a tot. of time, or is there a link or something else?

Mesohu
13 May 2008, 14:21
Does it automatically redirect afret a tot. of time, or is there a link or something else?

It's automatically redirect to the registration page.

But it would be nice if the autor of this hack add more options like : when a redirection will be made , the guest will get a message in the center like "You will be redirected to the reg. page b'coz you are not registered or allowed to start new threads ,..."

Mr saleki
16 May 2008, 16:50
very good ...

SEOvB
17 May 2008, 02:53
very good ...

thank you

tafreeh
21 May 2008, 20:46
It's automatically redirect to the registration page.

But it would be nice if the autor of this hack add more options like : when a redirection will be made , the guest will get a message in the center like "You will be redirected to the reg. page b'coz you are not registered or allowed to start new threads ,..."
Agree with Mesohu...

people should know why they need to register and how/why did they got to registration page.....

SEOvB
22 May 2008, 10:53
I'll see If i can add a custom template this will redirect to in the next release.

My dev machine is down right now so if anyone else can do it please feel free to and I'll update the thread with your work!

vb_mp
18 Sep 2008, 00:18
I can't figure out how to do this for payments.php - redirect elsewhere if gues is trying to access payments.php

Can someone help please?

edermix
11 Oct 2008, 22:56
Not functionally VBadvanced!

Emmmmrz
12 Oct 2008, 01:33
vBulletin Message

XML Error: Empty document at Line 1Errors Will Robinson, Errors!

exel
12 Oct 2008, 07:31
installed, thanks

tpearl5
14 Oct 2008, 16:29
This is a step closer to what I had in mind for a 'save post, then register' mod...

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=191134

fattony69
15 Oct 2008, 19:49
Great mod, but there is a complication with photoplog as when guests click today's posts, it sends them to the register.php, but since it is a search button, it adds:
&photoplog_searchinfo=1 making it a broken link. Any ideas around it without me using template edits?

GTX2
05 Nov 2008, 21:49
i'm getting confused.... is this working with member bots hack or not?
In other words, if i have installed member bots, will search engine bots still be recognized as members, or will be redirected to the register page?
thanks

tpearl5
17 Nov 2008, 16:24
If you have searching enabled for guests then this hack will redirect the guest from search.php to register.php. Simple workaround - disable Guest Search Redirect under plugin manager.

Jafo232
24 Nov 2008, 19:46
Great mod..

Nadeemjp
25 Nov 2008, 05:46
good hack:thumb:

Nadeemjp
25 Nov 2008, 05:51
i assume that it should appear in the vbulletin options list.
but i am not seein it there.
can someone tell me where to find so that i can set my options?

blackberry
25 Nov 2008, 11:14
gr8

thanks

soundbarrierpro
25 Nov 2008, 13:33
Followed the install instructions, here's the message:

This file appears to be a Product, not a Plugin. Please use Manage Products to add this file.

I then tried from the manage products/plugins manager and it installs.

But it doesnt work.

SEOvB
27 Nov 2008, 07:16
i assume that it should appear in the vbulletin options list.
but i am not seein it there.
can someone tell me where to find so that i can set my options?

There currently are no options to set. If you need to remove something from the redirect, then go to your plugin manager, and disable that section they are clearly labled.

SEOvB
27 Nov 2008, 10:46
Plugin updated, and I've added options and a few more small modifications.

Thanks for the support, and be sure to mark installed.

soundbarrierpro
27 Nov 2008, 12:47
Plugin updated, and I've added options and a few more small modifications.

Thanks for the support, and be sure to mark installed.

Ok, installed and now I get the acp options.

I've set all options to "yes" but when I log out and test as a guest, all I get still is the login page. It doesn't redirect to the registration page.

digicom
27 Nov 2008, 12:58
Thankyou Installed :up:

SEOvB
27 Nov 2008, 13:54

I've set all options to "yes" but when I log out and test as a guest, all I get still is the login page. It doesn't redirect to the registration page.

A link to your site please.

soundbarrierpro
27 Nov 2008, 13:59
I've sent you my link in PM. Thank you for your help

soundbarrierpro
27 Nov 2008, 14:13
All set, marked installed and nominated for MOTM.

Thank you for your help

GameWizard
20 Dec 2008, 10:09

I've set all options to "yes" but when I log out and test as a guest, all I get still is the login page. It doesn't redirect to the registration page.Same Problem here, it's not redirecting.

Edit: Nevermind, I needed to make some modifications to the script.

lenzo
20 Dec 2008, 21:22
Installed, then uninstalled. Just a way to sell his $15 version. I don't recommend people to install this.

Also, I agree with Brian30fl, the author of this mod does not seem to have the community at heart. No reason to make fun of a user, no matter how silly the question.

I like the SEOvB website though. Nice, simple design. Frontpage Slideshow? Nice.
---------------------------------

SEOvB
21 Dec 2008, 04:17
Installed, then uninstalled. Just a way to sell his $15 version. I don't recommend people to install this.

Also, I agree with Brian30fl, the author of this mod does not seem to have the community at heart. No reason to make fun of a user, no matter how silly the question.

I like the SEOvB website though. Nice, simple design. Frontpage Slideshow? Nice.
---------------------------------

Thanks, and Nope, its actually just a wordpress addon, with some javascript and css tricks, no flash for me :)

And I do try to support the free version, but the paid version has a lot more features and functions which took longer to develop and no complaints from it so far. Thanks for the feedback, and feel free to suggest ways to make this version better and i'll se what i can do ;)

porcupine73
26 Dec 2008, 18:12
Hi, porcupine73 here. I just installed the guest redirection pro/paid system but when redirected to the gdirect.php there is no information in the fields. Example would be http://ozscience.com/forums/gdirect.php Maybe its because I have vBSEO installed.

I would have asked this at seovb.com forums, but I am unable to register for the forums there. I entered all my information a few times trying both IE7 and firefox, but when I click 'submit' I just end up back at gdirect.php with the form reset. When I tried to post in the 'welcome forum' as an unregistered user when I clicked submit for my post it just redirected my to gdirect.php.

Any help would be great! Thanks!

Here's what I see on my install:

welovehiphop
26 Dec 2008, 23:49
good work installed

fgforty2`
31 Dec 2008, 15:02
Hi, porcupine73 here. I just installed the guest redirection pro/paid system but when redirected to the gdirect.php there is no information in the fields. Example would be http://ozscience.com/forums/gdirect.php Maybe its because I have vBSEO installed.

I would have asked this at seovb.com forums, but I am unable to register for the forums there. I entered all my information a few times trying both IE7 and firefox, but when I click 'submit' I just end up back at gdirect.php with the form reset. When I tried to post in the 'welcome forum' as an unregistered user when I clicked submit for my post it just redirected my to gdirect.php.

Any help would be great! Thanks!

Here's what I see on my install:

We had the same problem on our site and it was kind of odd how we fixed it.
Disable Quick Registration
Enable Quick RegistrationThat was all we did and the data was finally pulled from the DB.:erm:
The other thing is we have the Pro version and there is something wrong with Age verification and the birthday fields drop down (which doesn't show up no matter what we do) Also, I have reCaptcha enabled on registration and that doesn't show up either regardless of it being enabled in the ACP. We need to have reCaptcha enabled.

porcupine73
31 Dec 2008, 15:26
Thanks for the info. That's weird I just went to my gdirect page and now the fields are filled in and I didn't even do anything hehe. Although I see the variable '$vboptions[bbtitle]' appearing on the page. Maybe I can try registering at seovb.com again. I also have captcha enabled but I don't see it on the gdirect.php page either. Not sure how long it would take the spambots to pick up on that.

deltadeuce
31 Dec 2008, 15:59
We had the same problem on our site and it was kind of odd how we fixed it.
Disable Quick Registration
Enable Quick RegistrationThat was all we did and the data was finally pulled from the DB.:erm:
The other thing is we have the Pro version and there is something wrong with Age verification and the birthday fields drop down (which doesn't show up no matter what we do) Also, I have reCaptcha enabled on registration and that doesn't show up either regardless of it being enabled in the ACP. We need to have reCaptcha enabled.

Actually we disabled it last night after the fields didn't show. I re-enabled it this morning and the fields were back.

The reCaptcha shows up periodically. I have had to enter it to test the registration, but then I get the "Required Field Left Blank" error. I think that is the DOB verification that doesn't show.

SEOvB
03 Jan 2009, 20:08
Anyone with the commercial version must get support at http://seovb.com/forums vB.org policy states no one is allowed to use these forums for such a cause.

Anyone with the free version who doesnt have the birthday showing a fix is available in this thread: http://seovb.com/forums/showthread.php?p=95#post95

I've got this fixed I misspelled a vboptions variable in the template.

In the guestpro_redirection template

Search for

$vboptions['guestpro_birthday']

Replace with

$vboptions['guestpro_birthdate']

SEOvB
11 Jan 2009, 06:42
All support will now be given in the 3.8 release thread found here

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=197367

Thanks for using!