PDA

View Full Version : [October/November 2008] BOTM Nomination Thread


Danny.VBT
10 Aug 2008, 16:10
This is the nomination thread for Board of the Month of October/November 2008.

Please note the BOTM Rules here:
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/info.php?do=botm

Nominations will be accepted until the 30th of September 2008.

When nominating please post the site name, URL to the forum, a short description what makes your board stand out from default vBulletin, and a reason for nomination that will motivate others to second the nomination. If the staff feels that a nomination post is too promotional it will be edited accordingly.

Any sites without a name, URL, description and reason for nomination will NOT be entered into the poll. Please ensure that your nomination is in the format:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sample Nomination
Site Name: vBulletin.org
URL: www.vbulletin.org (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/../) - this must be clickable
Description: Official vBulletin Modifications Site
Reason for Nomination: Not Nominated. This is an example nomination.

When seconding sites, please ensure that you use the same post for the maximum of 3 allowed seconds. Any seconds not located in your first seconding post will not be counted. Please also ensure that you quote the nomination post you are seconding in your post (Use Multi-Quote Option if you are nomination multiple boards). If there is no name or URL provided then the post will be ignored when the nominations are counted.

Also, please make sure that you are seconding a forum that has already been nominated by its forum owner. Any seconds for a forum that has not been nominated yet will be counted as null and void.

Please posts only nominations or seconds, no "Thank you" posts are needed, they clutter the thread and will be deleted.

Any queries regarding the BOTM Contests should be sent via PM to Danny.VBT (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/member.php?action=getinfo&username=Danny.VBT).

Best of luck to all nominees!

christian8a
10 Aug 2008, 17:41
Originally Posted by Chris

Site Name: NewMusicStage.com

URL: www.newmusicstage.com
Profile Demo: http://www.newmusicstage.com/member.php?u=3

Description: Musicians Networking - Profiles - MP3's - Forums - Record Labels

Reason for Nomination: The site's design turned out great, so we would like to share it and see how far we get :)

ANGELO2K8
11 Aug 2008, 03:34
Site Name: BTNHBoard.com
URL: www.btnhboard.com (http://www.btnhboard.com/forums/index.php)
Description: Official fan site of the hip-hop group "Bone Thugs-N-Harmony."
Reason for Nomination: Nice site design & integration of customizations. The site has been using vbulletin off and on dating back to 2001.

Greenskull
11 Aug 2008, 05:34
Site Name: Ready Up Live
URL: www.readyuplive.com (http://www.readyuplive.com)
Description: A gaming forum dedicated to news, reviews, and tournaments.
Reason for Nomination: RUL has an amazing friendly community. On the 26th it will be our 1 year anniversary so there will be contests, auctions, and more. Over the 1 quick year RUL has gained interest and respect from really high up companies such as Ubisoft, Microsoft, and Bungie. I'd love to see how people here take the site!

beansbaxter
11 Aug 2008, 08:24
Site Name: PNW Riders
URL: www.pnwriders.com (http://www.pnwriders.com)
Description: Pacific Northwest motorcycle riders and riding.
Reason for Nomination: I have spent a considerable amount of time giving vBulletin a custom look and feel that makes it easy to use for the community of motorcycle riders that we have in the Pacific Northwest.

deezelpope
11 Aug 2008, 12:04
Site Name: The Bad Girl Jammie Club!

URL: http://badgirljammieclub.com/ (http://badgirljammieclub.com/)

Description: The Bad Girl Jammie Club (BGJC) is an active, drama-free, community-based website (http://badgirljammieclub.com/), store (http://74096.spreadshirt.com/us/US/Shop/), and forum (http://badgirljammieclub.com/community/) dedicated to those brave souls who prefer to stay in their pajamas all day long, drinking coffee, while making new friends, relaxing, and having fun! **Be active in our community, and get promoted to enjoy the many benefits of being a Bad Girl/Bad Boy!** **NEW FORUMS!!**

Reason for Nomination: The Bad Girl Jammie Club is a "drama-free" community, a fact which the staff and members are very proud of, and have every intention of keeping as such. Because of copyright laws, the BGJC is a not-for-profit website, and all profits on items in the store, a benefit to our users, will go to charity. We are currently talking to the several foundations to see who will be the recipient of the funds. **NEW Members every day! Join in the fun!** :up:

Caddyman
11 Aug 2008, 12:29
Site Name: TalkDelaware
URL: www.talkdelaware.com
Description: The Best Website in Delaware 2007. The hottest place online to meet people and chat in the state.
Reason for Nomination: In it's relatively short existince online TD has won many accolades both locally and on admin sites for it's excellence in foruming, features, looks, and friendliness. We have over 1000 member and 100k posts, this is thanks to the outstanding members and staff that login day after day to make TD a exceptional community like no other with intelligent conversation and fun times to be had by all. Among quite a few BOTM and FOTM wins from various admin communities it was vote "Best Website in Delaware 2007" by the largest news outlet in DE in their Readers Choice Awards.

PoetJA-1975
11 Aug 2008, 14:15
Site Name: Poetry in Color Forum

URL: http://JPiCForum.info

Description: Well... 1st of all Poetry in Color aka JPiC Forum For Writers is an online Community where open-minded writers of all ethnicities and backgrounds can freely share in the joy of creating literature. Poetry, Essays, Shortstories, Creative Non-fiction, Book Reviews & much more... We celebrate diversity with the typed word...

Reason for Nomination:We have been online since June 2006 and have done quite well in the niche online writing. We have just celebrated our 2nd anniversary which included the lovely re-design of the Forum as it appears now. Shades of deep burgundy, plum & dusty mauve work very well together and present a unique blend that is easy on the eyes and make for a pleasant browsing experience for our Members and Forum Guests alike. In July of this year - I was notified that JPiC was named as one of the Best Websites For Writers 2008 by the popular magazine Writers' Digest. The Forum was featured in the magazine and on the Writers Digest website. I've posted an interesting thread announcement about the honor at http://jpicforum.info/news-announcements/jpic-forum-one-best-websites-writers-2008-a-6475.html

At anyrate - We have a fabulous Community of talented Artistes, Writers & Poets from all over the world. So I submit JPiC to your BOTM contest in hopes that you too will like what I've done with the Forum.

I have set up a test account for Guests to browse the Forum as if Registered Member, as to see some of the goodies I've added. Simply login with following info:

Username: Forum-Guest
Password: jpicforum

Thanx and Enjoy!

Jacquii.

deezelpope
11 Aug 2008, 15:20
Site Name: Poetry in Color Forum

URL: http://JPiCForum.info

Description: Well... 1st of all Poetry in Color aka JPiC Forum For Writers is an online Community where open-minded writers of all ethnicities and backgrounds can freely share in the joy of creating literature. Poetry, Essays, Shortstories, Creative Non-fiction, Book Reviews & much more... We celebrate diversity with the typed word...

Reason for Nomination:We have been online since June 2006 and have done quite well in the niche online writing. We have just celebrated our 2nd anniversary which included the lovely re-design of the Forum as it appears now. Shades of deep burgundy, plum & dusty mauve work very well together and present a unique blend that is easy on the eyes and make for a pleasant browsing experience for our Members and Forum Guests alike. In July of this year - I was notified that JPiC was named as one of the Best Websites For Writers 2008 by the popular magazine Writers' Digest. The Forum was featured in the magazine and on the Writers Digest website. I've posted an interesting thread announcement about the honor at http://jpicforum.info/news-announcements/jpic-forum-one-best-websites-writers-2008-a-6475.html

At anyrate - We have a fabulous Community of talented Artistes, Writers & Poets from all over the world. So I submit JPiC to your BOTM contest in hopes that you too will like what I've done with the Forum.

I have set up a test account for Guests to browse the Forum as if Registered Member, as to see some of the goodies I've added. Simply login with following info:

Username: Forum-Guest
Password: jpicforum

Thanx and Enjoy!

Jacquii.
Second!!:up:

stryka
11 Aug 2008, 16:43
Site Name: IslandMix

URL: www.islandmix.com (http://www.islandmix.com/backchat/)

Description: Entertainment website that has just had a recent facelift.

Reason for Nomination: The forum and event calendar works well with this community. The look gives it a different web 2.0 feel that isn't flat... Its definetly a new refreshing look and integration of photopost and adserving software works well.

F0xy
11 Aug 2008, 21:02
Site Name: What's Your View - Because It Matters!

URL: http://www.whatsyourview.net

Description: Opinions, debates, Whats Your View? Discuss & Debate all the latest current affairs, sports, movies, tv, music and technology.

Reason for Nomination: Just customized a new style to give us a unique feel with a unique postbit area in a difficult niche, we have reached over 5000 members since the site launched in May 2008.

JetHaCkR
12 Aug 2008, 04:11
Site Name: J2 Gaming
URL: www.J2Gaming.com
Description: Gaming Site
Reason for Nomination: One Of The Fastest Growing Gaming Site, It Has Only Been Up For 4 Months But Already Has 1000+ Members

Glynn58
12 Aug 2008, 17:31
withdrawn , sorry

seanm07
12 Aug 2008, 18:36
Site Name: Arms of united vengeance Forum

URL:http://www.aouv.co.uk

Description: This is a gaming forum come join us. As we are looking for more people to join our community, also if you donate you will be made a gold member (read forum for more details)

Reason for Nomination: Easy to use with good moderation and sleek look, it has a friendly community.

EvilChicken
12 Aug 2008, 23:10
Site Name: TripleChat.com | Plug in :: Play On
URL: www.triplechat.com
FOURM URL: www.triplechat.com/forums
Description: TripleChat has just recently popped into the scene of Gaming sites around the net but unlike others, this site is a bit different. I strive for User Happiness, let me explain. See, when you join this site and its forums, you automatically become part of the site. Your input does not go unnoticed! Everything you say is read over by me or my amazing staff on these forums. So unlike other sites, we improve when you asking to improve. If you want to chat about gaming, then the odds are that we will have a chat about gaming in 24 minutes or less. If you want a cookie, we will laugh a little and tell you to go find a phone book and order a cookie. But that is my point, we will help you!

It isn’t such a matter of great news sources…ok it is a bit, but the fact is we are a great community here to intrigued you and let you in on some insight in the gaming world. Forget all thoughts of huge gaming sites where one comment you make may become a huge flame war. Instead, hang out here with the little big guy.

Another great thing about TripleChat is our Bigger sister site, TripleTags.com. This site has been nothing but our support throughout the launch and even up till now. SectionZ and his team have done a great job in helping and even linking to our site and forums and without them, this site would not be here. So if you ever see or talk to them, thank them!

Reason for Nomination: TripleChat's reason for nomination is simple, the members on the forum have gave me nothing but pats on the back. I know I shouldn't brag but it is hard to when they have been my driving force for this website! Graphics, features, videos, downloads, gaming news, and some random things are the handful of things that I offer and I am always ready to add another word to that list. I am always working on improvements and small edits to the forum to allow for better flow.

I built this site and I have never been happier!

Thanks, EC

StuntFactoryX
13 Aug 2008, 04:02
Site Name: Poetry in Color Forum

URL: http://JPiCForum.info

Description: Well... 1st of all Poetry in Color aka JPiC Forum For Writers is an online Community where open-minded writers of all ethnicities and backgrounds can freely share in the joy of creating literature. Poetry, Essays, Shortstories, Creative Non-fiction, Book Reviews & much more... We celebrate diversity with the typed word...

Reason for Nomination:We have been online since June 2006 and have done quite well in the niche online writing. We have just celebrated our 2nd anniversary which included the lovely re-design of the Forum as it appears now. Shades of deep burgundy, plum & dusty mauve work very well together and present a unique blend that is easy on the eyes and make for a pleasant browsing experience for our Members and Forum Guests alike. In July of this year - I was notified that JPiC was named as one of the Best Websites For Writers 2008 by the popular magazine Writers' Digest. The Forum was featured in the magazine and on the Writers Digest website. I've posted an interesting thread announcement about the honor at http://jpicforum.info/news-announcements/jpic-forum-one-best-websites-writers-2008-a-6475.html

At anyrate - We have a fabulous Community of talented Artistes, Writers & Poets from all over the world. So I submit JPiC to your BOTM contest in hopes that you too will like what I've done with the Forum.

I have set up a test account for Guests to browse the Forum as if Registered Member, as to see some of the goodies I've added. Simply login with following info:

Username: Forum-Guest
Password: jpicforum

Thanx and Enjoy!

Jacquii.

3rd :)

jacki
13 Aug 2008, 12:58
Site Name: Yorumla.net

URL: http://www.yorumla.net

Description: our forum has 12 main categories 159 sub kategories. Members organize meetings and make friendship


Reason for Nomination: our forum will be one year old on july of 2. we want to see our forum on that poll on our first year. We made 170.000 members and 2.500.000 posts. We want to show that success here

Langue : Turkish

User Test

User : testuser
pass: test

cjddrum1
13 Aug 2008, 18:50
Site Name: 7thGenHonda.com - The Internets #1 Resource for 2001-2005 Honda Civics
URL: 7thgenhonda.com (http://www.7thgenhonda.com)
Description: A site for 2001-2005 Honda Civic owners
Reason for Nomination: Very tightly knit community of honda civic owners as well as extensive modifications.

fattony69
13 Aug 2008, 23:04
Site Name: The Best Forum Ever

URL: www.thebestforumever.com

Description: A combination of forums: Off-Topic, Gaming and Graphics. We provide many contests from video of the week to signature of the week. There are many things to do and many things to talk about. The forum will be 2 month this Friday and already has 400 members and almost 40,000 posts. We have member of the week. There are many things to do and the site is very fun

Reason for Nomination: The Best Forum Ever lives up to it's title. There is a very friendly community and the site is always active. A great place to make your start and play with very good people!

soundboy
14 Aug 2008, 02:17
Site Name: Broadcasting World
URL: www.broadcastingworld.net (http://www.broadcastingworld.net)
Description: Forum for broadcasters, SHOUTcastsers, studio owners and voiceover artists.
Reason for Nomination: Hasnt been nominated before, a great forum.

veenuisthebest
14 Aug 2008, 12:00
Site Name: Poetry in Color Forum

URL: http://JPiCForum.info

Description: Well... 1st of all Poetry in Color aka JPiC Forum For Writers is an online Community where open-minded writers of all ethnicities and backgrounds can freely share in the joy of creating literature. Poetry, Essays, Shortstories, Creative Non-fiction, Book Reviews & much more... We celebrate diversity with the typed word...

Reason for Nomination:We have been online since June 2006 and have done quite well in the niche online writing. We have just celebrated our 2nd anniversary which included the lovely re-design of the Forum as it appears now. Shades of deep burgundy, plum & dusty mauve work very well together and present a unique blend that is easy on the eyes and make for a pleasant browsing experience for our Members and Forum Guests alike. In July of this year - I was notified that JPiC was named as one of the Best Websites For Writers 2008 by the popular magazine Writers' Digest. The Forum was featured in the magazine and on the Writers Digest website. I've posted an interesting thread announcement about the honor at http://jpicforum.info/news-announcements/jpic-forum-one-best-websites-writers-2008-a-6475.html

At anyrate - We have a fabulous Community of talented Artistes, Writers & Poets from all over the world. So I submit JPiC to your BOTM contest in hopes that you too will like what I've done with the Forum.

I have set up a test account for Guests to browse the Forum as if Registered Member, as to see some of the goodies I've added. Simply login with following info:

Username: Forum-Guest
Password: jpicforum

Thanx and Enjoy!

Jacquii.
Fourth !! :up:

glennybee
15 Aug 2008, 04:51
Site Name: Digital Kaos Digital Forums
URL: http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk
Description: Digital Forum dedicated to the help and support of its members. We specialise in cable and satellite tv (Dreambox, Technomate), games consoles (xbox360, PS3, Wii, etc.), Mobile phones, Sat Nav GPS, etc. Come and join in the discussions and maybe you'll learn a few tricks along the way!
Reason for Nomination: Digital Kaos has been online for 6 months and it has taken flight at a tremendous pace! We regularly get 1000+ unique visitors and approximately 250+ new posts daily.
Stats: Threads: 5,931, Posts: 33,895, Members: 5,251

Thanks for reading and I hope we've done enough to gain your nomination.

Regards
Glennybee!

SEOvB
16 Aug 2008, 00:03
Site Name: TalkDelaware
URL: www.talkdelaware.com
Description: The Best Website in Delaware 2007. The hottest place online to meet people and chat in the state.
Reason for Nomination: In it's relatively short existince online TD has won many accolades both locally and on admin sites for it's excellence in foruming, features, looks, and friendliness. We have over 1000 member and 100k posts, this is thanks to the outstanding members and staff that login day after day to make TD a exceptional community like no other with intelligent conversation and fun times to be had by all. Among quite a few BOTM and FOTM wins from various admin communities it was vote "Best Website in Delaware 2007" by the largest news outlet in DE in their Readers Choice Awards.

I second this site

VBUsers
16 Aug 2008, 00:05
Site Name: TalkDelaware
URL: www.talkdelaware.com
Description: The Best Website in Delaware 2007. The hottest place online to meet people and chat in the state.
Reason for Nomination: In it's relatively short existince online TD has won many accolades both locally and on admin sites for it's excellence in foruming, features, looks, and friendliness. We have over 1000 member and 100k posts, this is thanks to the outstanding members and staff that login day after day to make TD a exceptional community like no other with intelligent conversation and fun times to be had by all. Among quite a few BOTM and FOTM wins from various admin communities it was vote "Best Website in Delaware 2007" by the largest news outlet in DE in their Readers Choice Awards.

I Second this!!

Wunderlust
16 Aug 2008, 02:32
Site Name: Poms In Oz

URL: http://www.pomsinoz.com

Description: Poms In Oz is a community forum and support network for British folk either migrating or living in Australia.

Reason for Nomination: PIO prouds itself on being a very friendly and active forum. The community is known for being supportive and has a large base of energetic and enthusiatic forum members.

Stats: Threads: 25,000, Posts: 229,288, Members: 11,933

Caddyman
16 Aug 2008, 03:43
Site Name: Digital Kaos Digital Forums
URL: http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk
Description: Digital Forum dedicated to the help and support of its members. We specialise in cable and satellite tv (Dreambox, Technomate), games consoles (xbox360, PS3, Wii, etc.), Mobile phones, Sat Nav GPS, etc. Come and join in the discussions and maybe you'll learn a few tricks along the way!
Reason for Nomination: Digital Kaos has been online for 6 months and it has taken flight at a tremendous pace! We regularly get 1000+ unique visitors and approximately 250+ new posts daily.
Stats: Threads: 5,931, Posts: 33,895, Members: 5,251

Thanks for reading and I hope we've done enough to gain your nomination.

Regards
Glennybee!

seconded! :up:

pranaysanghavi
16 Aug 2008, 04:18
Hello and Welcome to OfficeChai (http://www.officechai.com/forum)...

Launched very recently, a career forum for you where you can share and receive, insights, comments on the events related to your job/workplace. Here you will find all the inside scoops and latest news about internal hiring, layoffs, salary hikes/increments, pay structure of people like you.

Here you can download actual resumes and cover letters of real people like you and me; and share the insights and work experiences of freshers and seniors alike across all walks of industry.

This online community is an open platform for peers like us to share rants and raves about the conversations that take place over a cup of chai in office

C'mon In.. The Chai is Hot !

Adv: Decent, corporate kind of template, sleek UI, unique target audience with a mass appeal....

Brandon Sheley
16 Aug 2008, 04:56
Site Name: TalkDelaware
URL: www.talkdelaware.com
Description: The Best Website in Delaware 2007. The hottest place online to meet people and chat in the state.
Reason for Nomination: In it's relatively short existince online TD has won many accolades both locally and on admin sites for it's excellence in foruming, features, looks, and friendliness. We have over 1000 member and 100k posts, this is thanks to the outstanding members and staff that login day after day to make TD a exceptional community like no other with intelligent conversation and fun times to be had by all. Among quite a few BOTM and FOTM wins from various admin communities it was vote "Best Website in Delaware 2007" by the largest news outlet in DE in their Readers Choice Awards.

I 2nd this as well :up:

Ohiosweetheart
16 Aug 2008, 05:01
Site Name: The Bad Girl Jammie Club!

URL: http://badgirljammieclub.com/ (http://badgirljammieclub.com/)

Description: The Bad Girl Jammie Club (BGJC) is an active, drama-free, community-based website (http://badgirljammieclub.com/), store (http://74096.spreadshirt.com/us/US/Shop/), and forum (http://badgirljammieclub.com/community/) dedicated to those brave souls who prefer to stay in their pajamas all day long, drinking coffee, while making new friends, relaxing, and having fun! **Be active in our community, and get promoted to enjoy the many benefits of being a Bad Girl/Bad Boy!** **NEW FORUMS!!**

Reason for Nomination: The Bad Girl Jammie Club is a "drama-free" community, a fact which the staff and members are very proud of, and have every intention of keeping as such. Because of copyright laws, the BGJC is a not-for-profit website, and all profits on items in the store, a benefit to our users, will go to charity. We are currently talking to the several foundations to see who will be the recipient of the funds. **NEW Members every day! Join in the fun!** :up:

Site Name: TalkDelaware
URL: www.talkdelaware.com (http://www.talkdelaware.com)
Description: The Best Website in Delaware 2007. The hottest place online to meet people and chat in the state.
Reason for Nomination: In it's relatively short existince online TD has won many accolades both locally and on admin sites for it's excellence in foruming, features, looks, and friendliness. We have over 1000 member and 100k posts, this is thanks to the outstanding members and staff that login day after day to make TD a exceptional community like no other with intelligent conversation and fun times to be had by all. Among quite a few BOTM and FOTM wins from various admin communities it was vote "Best Website in Delaware 2007" by the largest news outlet in DE in their Readers Choice Awards.

I second both of these sites!

njoker555
16 Aug 2008, 06:58
Site Name: Gamers Forum
URL: www.Gamers-Forum.com (http://www.gamers-forum.com)

Description: Huge gaming forum with over a 100,000 total posts made by about 1,600 members.

Reason for Nomination: We just turned two years old this month and I believe this forum deserves a bit more attention. We have an active arcade with over a 1000 games. We are celebrating by playing games, tournaments, writing game reviews and more. This forum now has 4 fully working themes to choose from and we are still a growing community.

UaECasher
16 Aug 2008, 09:40
Site Name: Casherz.com | For all your cash needs

URL: www.casherz.com (http://www.casherz.com)

Forum URL: www.casherz.com/forums (http://www.casherz.com/forums)

Description: Casherz have been recently built and popped into the scene of internet communities around the net, but unlike other communities, this one is different. Here at casherz everyone is respected and helped and your post won’t go unnoticed! , everything you say is checked out by me and our lovely staff, we read all the feedback and do our best to improve our site.
Our site is basically for everyone to surf, wither you’re a programmer, a gamer, an internet lover, looking for tech news and tricks so you came to the right place.
Another great thing about Casherz is that we do our best to keep our users experience time fun, easy and smooth by providing good servers, great webmasters to take care of the site lasts and most advanced paid vbulletin MODs to make our users have fun while they are already having fun :p, at last we spend all the donations and premium members money for the site so what you pay for it will be used to develop the site and give you more services!!

NOTE: The name casherz was taken from the base of cash, in other words you can win cash in our community for your hard work or winning in events

Reason for Nomination : It's simple, we at casherz offer the following for our dear members:

Respect!!
Love!!
All kind of people are welcomed:"programmers, gamers, internet and tech fans.
We reward good members with good money and prizes!!.
We spend 1000s of Dollars to keep our user experience nice and smooth!.
We are around only 1 month old and yet we got 500members.
We are looking for good men :p or women.
We are continually making new event and tournaments for our dear members :).


Lastly i hope you visit my new site :D

P.S: I'm new here so take it easy on me :p

garala
16 Aug 2008, 20:28
Site Name: Web-Talks - The Friendly Webmaster Forum

URL: http://web-talks.com

Description: We are no any ordinary webmaster forum, we are bunch of friendly webmasters, bloggers, forum administrators and newbies who have interest in web design, graphics design, blogging, running a forum and making money online most of all.

Reason of Nomination: Even though we are pretty new, around 4 months old - we are growing fairly steady and hope to become well known webmaster forum in the future. We have simple custom skin that give us a unique feel and were ready to grow now!

Thanks

- Garala

mickknutson
17 Aug 2008, 19:05
Site Name: BLiNC Magazine

URL: http://blincmagazine.com/forum/

Description: Everything you ever wanted to know about BASE-Jumping, but didn't know whom to ask.

Reason for Nomination: I have been running this online BASE jumping community since 1994. I moved to vBulletin several years ago, and this has allowed me to integrate hundreds of videos, images and content into a forum with tens of thousands of posts, and a few thousand users from all walks of life and 82 countries.

Shazz
17 Aug 2008, 19:08
Site Name: The Bad Girl Jammie Club!

URL: http://badgirljammieclub.com/ (http://badgirljammieclub.com/)

Description: The Bad Girl Jammie Club (BGJC) is an active, drama-free, community-based website (http://badgirljammieclub.com/), store (http://74096.spreadshirt.com/us/US/Shop/), and forum (http://badgirljammieclub.com/community/) dedicated to those brave souls who prefer to stay in their pajamas all day long, drinking coffee, while making new friends, relaxing, and having fun! **Be active in our community, and get promoted to enjoy the many benefits of being a Bad Girl/Bad Boy!** **NEW FORUMS!!**

Reason for Nomination: The Bad Girl Jammie Club is a "drama-free" community, a fact which the staff and members are very proud of, and have every intention of keeping as such. Because of copyright laws, the BGJC is a not-for-profit website, and all profits on items in the store, a benefit to our users, will go to charity. We are currently talking to the several foundations to see who will be the recipient of the funds. **NEW Members every day! Join in the fun!** :up:

Second..

garala
18 Aug 2008, 03:57
Site Name: TalkDelaware
URL: www.talkdelaware.com
Description: The Best Website in Delaware 2007. The hottest place online to meet people and chat in the state.
Reason for Nomination: In it's relatively short existince online TD has won many accolades both locally and on admin sites for it's excellence in foruming, features, looks, and friendliness. We have over 1000 member and 100k posts, this is thanks to the outstanding members and staff that login day after day to make TD a exceptional community like no other with intelligent conversation and fun times to be had by all. Among quite a few BOTM and FOTM wins from various admin communities it was vote "Best Website in Delaware 2007" by the largest news outlet in DE in their Readers Choice Awards.

Seconded! :up:

TradersBASE
18 Aug 2008, 13:45
Site Name: TradersBASE

URL: http://www.tradersbase.com/forum

Description: An active trading/market forum with excellent insight on why markets move and how to increase the odds of profiting from the moves. Chatbox is open for members during market hours so we can discuss REALTIME market activity.

Reason for Nomination: TradersBASE is a site with passionate users. We all band together to try and crack the markets code for that given day. There is no magic and every day is different in the market. The more participation and opinions we get the more concepts we can run through to try and improve our trades/investments. As they say...practice makes perfect. There has been a wave of new members that are flooding the forum with excellent questions and the knowledge database continues to grow. Forums are often created to make the owner money, why not try a forum that is trying to help YOU make money...from the markets. :D

Thanks,
MC

Taragon
18 Aug 2008, 16:02
Site Name: The Bad Girl Jammie Club!

URL: http://badgirljammieclub.com/ (http://badgirljammieclub.com/)

Description: The Bad Girl Jammie Club (BGJC) is an active, drama-free, community-based website (http://badgirljammieclub.com/), store (http://74096.spreadshirt.com/us/US/Shop/), and forum (http://badgirljammieclub.com/community/) dedicated to those brave souls who prefer to stay in their pajamas all day long, drinking coffee, while making new friends, relaxing, and having fun! **Be active in our community, and get promoted to enjoy the many benefits of being a Bad Girl/Bad Boy!** **NEW FORUMS!!**

Reason for Nomination: The Bad Girl Jammie Club is a "drama-free" community, a fact which the staff and members are very proud of, and have every intention of keeping as such. Because of copyright laws, the BGJC is a not-for-profit website, and all profits on items in the store, a benefit to our users, will go to charity. We are currently talking to the several foundations to see who will be the recipient of the funds. **NEW Members every day! Join in the fun!** :up:

second

veenuisthebest
18 Aug 2008, 16:40
Site Name: Tech555 - All the Tech Info You Need

URL: http://www.tech555.com (http://www.tech555.com/)

Description: Tech555 is a community of people interested discussing and sharing knowledge related to programming, mobiles/smartphones, web development, graphics and designing, internet and software, games and much more.

Reason for Nomination:
Design and Layout:-
Tech555's layout, navigation and the way of content arranging is really catchy in order to make the user get what he wants.

Gallery and Gaming:-
The Picture Gallery (http://www.tech555.com/gallery) and Arcade (http://www.tech555.com/forum/arcade.php) are simply an added fun to attract visitors, thus making Tech555 a home for every kind.

Keeping it Clean and Beautiful:-
Keeping colors bright, simple and soothing to eyes and mind. Thus, making visitors stay longer.

My very own Web Directory with Review system:-
Check out my Website Directory (http://www.tech555.com/forum/links.php) and feel free to add your site. Also review some ;)

Got 3 awards in 4 months:-
I got BBOTM (http://forum.vbulletinsetup.com/f127/congratulations-tech555-6425.html) from vbulletinsetup.com last month, BOTM (http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=277438) from vbulletin.com this month and SOTM (http://www.shrinktheweb.com/site-of-the-month-awards.htm) from shrinktheweb.com this month for our unique Web Directory showcasing their service.

Its passed 5 months now since I have bought the vb-license. However, the community is still lacking its activeness but already have over 400 members and growing rapidly, thus proving Tech555 having a great potential.

You can even login at the site with the following details and feel like home :) :-
Username:- test
Password:- testing

Thank you and I hope I did not boast too much lol.

GoldenChaos
19 Aug 2008, 01:30
Site Name: Zelda Universe
URL: http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/

Description: The Zelda Universe main site is the definitive resource for everything about The Legend of Zelda. It's got more content than any other fansite, and reports on the most news. We're constantly updating pages with the highest resolution artwork we can find, and continually updating our guides and pages with more detailed information on every Zelda game. But this is more about the forums.

The Zelda Universe forums make up the largest Zelda community on the internet - and it's a really tightly knit community. The site is entirely fan-run, and the forums are no different; ZU has been a member of the gaming site scene since 2001, but only recently has it undergone an immense transformation in design and direction. Previous owners who were not me tried to rid Zelda Universe of its fan-run heritage, but I brought that back in full swing, and I daresay that now ZU is better than ever. It's something to be proud of.

It took ten months to create the new design you see for the forums and for the main site, which is powered by Wordpress. I brought in a professional designer and worked my butt off with the rest of the ZU staff and community to give the place something that would last for years and establish ZU as the most serious fan site around - a fan site that not only has an immense love for the game it focuses on, in ZU's case the Legend of Zelda series, but an immense love for its visitors and its community. And ZU's community is unmatched. The community is the reason why I took the wheel from prior owners - as a member and webmaster of ZU for four years, the community is priceless. What the other owners wanted is paltry to me; and that means the rest of ZU's helpful staff can now do whatever they want, pretty much uninhibited.

That said, they're some of the nicest people you'll ever meet, and they're always willing to help other people out. Their work ethic is incredible, and the work ethic of the community - the ethic to build a better community atop the current one - is mind-boggling. I am continually stunned by my own site, and by ZU's members' love for both the Zelda series and its incredible community.

Reason for Nomination: I think that this community is something that should be honored - not just because of the incredible new design that myself and Anton Wiklund, its designer, worked on for months, and that ZU's webmaster and administrator Scott and Derek coded for more months, but because the community is not something to scoff at. It's well established and friendly and welcoming, and it's my hope that the new design serves as a message to all of ZU's members, one that says how much the community is worth to me, that I will go to any lengths to help the community better itself, as will its staff. The new design, which features a customized User Control Panel, Profile Page and Postbit, should only complement ZU's pride as what I consider the most amazing online community in the world.

In addition, members have come together and produced a community podcast which is now featured on the main site. We have forums for welcoming new members, and we have forums for getting people involved in community projects. Naturally, there are a million forums for discussing Zelda, but truly Zelda talk isn't even a taste of the ZU community. Through ZU, and through these boards, friendships have been forged, relationships begun, marriages have occurred between members. They were all originally brought together by Zelda, but in the end it was the Zelda community that really tied the knot - not the games themselves. And now they've got what I consider one of the best, most beautiful, and most customized forum designs on the internet to show for it.

I am infinitely proud of the ZU forums, and the ZU site as a whole, and couldn't be more ecstatic to be its webmaster and owner. It's my hope, and my dream, that other people will find cause to be proud of it as well - both as a fan of Zelda, and as a fan of friendships.

Thanks for even considering Zelda Universe. We all work hard.
~ Jason Rappaport.

Cloudrunner
25 Aug 2008, 06:32
Site Name: The Astral Order
URL: http://www.astralorder.com
Description: Guild Website for World of Warcraft Guild: The Astral Order
Reason for Nomination: We recently went through a huge recode on our theme and forums and I put together a style designed specifically for the upcoming release of the World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King expansion. Personally, I love the look that we achieved and quite honestly would like to see how we stack up. Plus, I'm kinda proud of what I created :D.

Pcwolfx®
25 Aug 2008, 13:56
Site Name: TurkVB | Turkey vBulletin Community.
URL: http://turkvb.com (http://turkvb.com/)
Description: Unofficial vBulletin Fan site for Turkey since 2007.
Reason for Nomination : We are vBulletin lovers. And we are working for improve vBulletin.
TurkVB designed with Photoshop by AnıL Karahan(StoNeR_) ,, Hasan Özbey (ScReaM_) ,, EreN_ (The Crow) ,, Grafi-Ray.

KoC
25 Aug 2008, 22:10
Site Name: Payidar.Net
URL: www.payidar.net (http://www.payidar.net)
Description: One of the largest turkish community on the web
Reason for Nomination: Feedback for design and template.

Defkalion
26 Aug 2008, 10:28
Site Name : TravelStories
URL: http://www.travelstories.gr
Description: The Largest Greek Travel Community.
Reason for Nomination: An innovative idea, the writing of personal travel stories from travelers around the world, has inspired this website that needs feedback for its design and features. This Vbulletin site is highly customised in order to keep it as simple as possible, and as different as possible also from other vbulletin websites. Customizations include also a vbadbvanced totally redesigned home page. Members can write their own travel stories as articles, they can participate in travel discussions, share photos and videos to the galleries, use a great mod to build a personal travel-map in their profile, etc. For the moment only in greek language so you cannot value the content, unless you know greek :P

Webzcas
28 Aug 2008, 15:47
Site Name: Politics & Current Affairs

URL: http://www.politicsandcurrentaffairs.co.uk

Description: A political and current affairs forum, with nearly 3000 members and a good range of diverse issues being discussed.

Reason for Nomination: P & CA has been online now for over 5 years, the past 2 years utilising VBulletin Software. The forum has been modded to incorporate many neat features, which enhances members forum experience.

ShawnV
28 Aug 2008, 18:44
Site Name: The Astral Order
URL: http://www.astralorder.com
Description: Guild Website for World of Warcraft Guild: The Astral Order
Reason for Nomination: We recently went through a huge recode on our theme and forums and I put together a style designed specifically for the upcoming release of the World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King expansion. Personally, I love the look that we achieved and quite honestly would like to see how we stack up. Plus, I'm kinda proud of what I created :D.


Seconded, nice guild site.

_V

EWGF
29 Aug 2008, 15:57
Site Name: Zelda Universe
URL: http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/

Description: The Zelda Universe main site is the definitive resource for everything about The Legend of Zelda. It's got more content than any other fansite, and reports on the most news. We're constantly updating pages with the highest resolution artwork we can find, and continually updating our guides and pages with more detailed information on every Zelda game. But this is more about the forums.

The Zelda Universe forums make up the largest Zelda community on the internet - and it's a really tightly knit community. The site is entirely fan-run, and the forums are no different; ZU has been a member of the gaming site scene since 2001, but only recently has it undergone an immense transformation in design and direction. Previous owners who were not me tried to rid Zelda Universe of its fan-run heritage, but I brought that back in full swing, and I daresay that now ZU is better than ever. It's something to be proud of.

It took ten months to create the new design you see for the forums and for the main site, which is powered by Wordpress. I brought in a professional designer and worked my butt off with the rest of the ZU staff and community to give the place something that would last for years and establish ZU as the most serious fan site around - a fan site that not only has an immense love for the game it focuses on, in ZU's case the Legend of Zelda series, but an immense love for its visitors and its community. And ZU's community is unmatched. The community is the reason why I took the wheel from prior owners - as a member and webmaster of ZU for four years, the community is priceless. What the other owners wanted is paltry to me; and that means the rest of ZU's helpful staff can now do whatever they want, pretty much uninhibited.

That said, they're some of the nicest people you'll ever meet, and they're always willing to help other people out. Their work ethic is incredible, and the work ethic of the community - the ethic to build a better community atop the current one - is mind-boggling. I am continually stunned by my own site, and by ZU's members' love for both the Zelda series and its incredible community.

Reason for Nomination: I think that this community is something that should be honored - not just because of the incredible new design that myself and Anton Wiklund, its designer, worked on for months, and that ZU's webmaster and administrator Scott and Derek coded for more months, but because the community is not something to scoff at. It's well established and friendly and welcoming, and it's my hope that the new design serves as a message to all of ZU's members, one that says how much the community is worth to me, that I will go to any lengths to help the community better itself, as will its staff. The new design, which features a customized User Control Panel, Profile Page and Postbit, should only complement ZU's pride as what I consider the most amazing online community in the world.

In addition, members have come together and produced a community podcast which is now featured on the main site. We have forums for welcoming new members, and we have forums for getting people involved in community projects. Naturally, there are a million forums for discussing Zelda, but truly Zelda talk isn't even a taste of the ZU community. Through ZU, and through these boards, friendships have been forged, relationships begun, marriages have occurred between members. They were all originally brought together by Zelda, but in the end it was the Zelda community that really tied the knot - not the games themselves. And now they've got what I consider one of the best, most beautiful, and most customized forum designs on the internet to show for it.

I am infinitely proud of the ZU forums, and the ZU site as a whole, and couldn't be more ecstatic to be its webmaster and owner. It's my hope, and my dream, that other people will find cause to be proud of it as well - both as a fan of Zelda, and as a fan of friendships.

Thanks for even considering Zelda Universe. We all work hard.
~ Jason Rappaport.
Seconded :up:

Symmetrical®
30 Aug 2008, 08:41
Site Name: TurkVB | Turkey vBulletin Community.
URL: http://turkvb.com (http://turkvb.com/)
Description: Unofficial vBulletin Fan site for Turkey since 2007.
Reason for Nomination : We are vBulletin lovers. And we are working for improve vBulletin.
TurkVB designed with Photoshop by AnıL Karahan(StoNeR_) ,, Hasan Özbey (ScReaM_) ,, EreN_ (The Crow) ,, Grafi-Ray.

second ..

mikesharp
01 Sep 2008, 14:48
Site Name: OrganicLinker.com
URL: www.organiclinker.com/forums (http://www.organiclinker.com/forums)
Description: Site dedicated to all things Organic, Eco Friendly and Environmentally aware, chat with friends and share hints and tips
Reason for Nomination: Nice site integration, forum fits perfectly with the community feel of the site :)

Greek76
01 Sep 2008, 15:15
Site Name: NY Forums

URL: www.ChatNY.net/forum

Description: ChatNY is a forum dedicated to NY. Whether you are looking to visit, or just looking to make friends online then this is the place for you.

Reason for Nomination: Im using a template that has been customized to fit the theme. Personally I think its a good looking forum with a lot of extra features for members to have fun with. Its new, exciting and its fast growing. I don't know what else to say lol.

gregfindley
01 Sep 2008, 16:26
Site Name: OrganicLinker.com
URL: www.organiclinker.com/forums (http://www.organiclinker.com/forums)
Description: Site dedicated to all things Organic, Eco Friendly and Environmentally aware, chat with friends and share hints and tips
Reason for Nomination: Nice site integration, forum fits perfectly with the community feel of the site :)

Second-ed :up:

soletrader
02 Sep 2008, 04:53
Site Name: TradersLaboratory.com
URL: www.traderslaboratory.com
Description: Forum dedicated to financial traders covering stocks, currencies, options, and futures.
Reason for Nomination: Heavily customized. See you for yourself :)

Inzvestor
03 Sep 2008, 21:52
Site Name: OrganicLinker.com
URL: www.organiclinker.com/forums (http://www.organiclinker.com/forums)
Description: Site dedicated to all things Organic, Eco Friendly and Environmentally aware, chat with friends and share hints and tips
Reason for Nomination: Nice site integration, forum fits perfectly with the community feel of the site :)

Thirded - Great site ! :up:

Markos
04 Sep 2008, 17:06
Site Name:The Scottish Exotic Reptile Forums
URL:http://www.the-scottish-exotic-reptile-forums.co.uk
Description:this forum is for all reptile lovers and all pets u can think of :)
Reason for Nomination: informative and friendly likeable people

flipstyle
06 Sep 2008, 00:06
Site Name: MyNGE (My New Generation Entertainment)

URL: www.mynge.com

Description: This website is a brand new community focused on all aspects of entertainment. Our site includes some of the following forums: Art, Games, Music, Rides, Sports and the list goes on. Although it seems that our site is solely focused on entertainment, there is another side to MyNGE: Business. Our community is also aimed to attract all businesses in the entertainment industry. The forums can be used to sell, buy and to promote their products and services. Members of the site are also able to search for career opportunities. Businesses on the other hand are able to network through the convenience of the forums, while investors have the ability to discover clients.

Reason for Nomination: Our goal is to present a website that will keep everyone from every genre of entertainment interested and satisfied. Whether it is an athlete who has a passion for art, or a mechanic who is interested in the world of fashion, MyNGE is the community where one has it all.

Wazran
06 Sep 2008, 16:21
Hey, I'd like to nominate my forum. :)

Site Name: SimpsonsFF
URL: SimpsonsFF.com
Description: A forum dedicated to the hit TV show, The Simpsons.
Reason for Nomination: I believe we have potential. With over 10,000 posts in less then a week. I think we should be accepted because it'd help promote but also to show what forums really can do.

nexialys
07 Sep 2008, 02:44
Originally Posted by nexialys
Site Name: THC Farmer
URL: http://www.thcfarmer.com/forums/
Description: Marijuana Growing Forum.
Reason for Nomination:
my job on that site was to debug the existing engines, take a style from a uncoded .psd file, and make it a complete high-quality design, with transparent images (the header is quite transparent)... CSS3 and XHTML techniques for the style itself, coordonance of the style with the vBulletin structure, and a lot of CSS enhancements to replace the icons. all images created are .jpg or .png, to fit with the non-usage of .gif.

Do not judge the content of the forum. Judge the usage of the scripts, like the CoffeeShop Reviews, the Guides and FAQs...

legionofangels
07 Sep 2008, 12:44
Site Name: Zelda Universe
URL: http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/

Description: The Zelda Universe main site is the definitive resource for everything about The Legend of Zelda. It's got more content than any other fansite, and reports on the most news. We're constantly updating pages with the highest resolution artwork we can find, and continually updating our guides and pages with more detailed information on every Zelda game. But this is more about the forums.

The Zelda Universe forums make up the largest Zelda community on the internet - and it's a really tightly knit community. The site is entirely fan-run, and the forums are no different; ZU has been a member of the gaming site scene since 2001, but only recently has it undergone an immense transformation in design and direction. Previous owners who were not me tried to rid Zelda Universe of its fan-run heritage, but I brought that back in full swing, and I daresay that now ZU is better than ever. It's something to be proud of.

It took ten months to create the new design you see for the forums and for the main site, which is powered by Wordpress. I brought in a professional designer and worked my butt off with the rest of the ZU staff and community to give the place something that would last for years and establish ZU as the most serious fan site around - a fan site that not only has an immense love for the game it focuses on, in ZU's case the Legend of Zelda series, but an immense love for its visitors and its community. And ZU's community is unmatched. The community is the reason why I took the wheel from prior owners - as a member and webmaster of ZU for four years, the community is priceless. What the other owners wanted is paltry to me; and that means the rest of ZU's helpful staff can now do whatever they want, pretty much uninhibited.

That said, they're some of the nicest people you'll ever meet, and they're always willing to help other people out. Their work ethic is incredible, and the work ethic of the community - the ethic to build a better community atop the current one - is mind-boggling. I am continually stunned by my own site, and by ZU's members' love for both the Zelda series and its incredible community.

Reason for Nomination: I think that this community is something that should be honored - not just because of the incredible new design that myself and Anton Wiklund, its designer, worked on for months, and that ZU's webmaster and administrator Scott and Derek coded for more months, but because the community is not something to scoff at. It's well established and friendly and welcoming, and it's my hope that the new design serves as a message to all of ZU's members, one that says how much the community is worth to me, that I will go to any lengths to help the community better itself, as will its staff. The new design, which features a customized User Control Panel, Profile Page and Postbit, should only complement ZU's pride as what I consider the most amazing online community in the world.

In addition, members have come together and produced a community podcast which is now featured on the main site. We have forums for welcoming new members, and we have forums for getting people involved in community projects. Naturally, there are a million forums for discussing Zelda, but truly Zelda talk isn't even a taste of the ZU community. Through ZU, and through these boards, friendships have been forged, relationships begun, marriages have occurred between members. They were all originally brought together by Zelda, but in the end it was the Zelda community that really tied the knot - not the games themselves. And now they've got what I consider one of the best, most beautiful, and most customized forum designs on the internet to show for it.

I am infinitely proud of the ZU forums, and the ZU site as a whole, and couldn't be more ecstatic to be its webmaster and owner. It's my hope, and my dream, that other people will find cause to be proud of it as well - both as a fan of Zelda, and as a fan of friendships.

Thanks for even considering Zelda Universe. We all work hard.
~ Jason Rappaport.

This is just gorgeous design work. I'm impressed to hell.

Seconded.

logicuk
07 Sep 2008, 13:24
Originally Posted by nexialys
Site Name: THC Farmer
URL: http://www.thcfarmer.com/forums/
Description: Marijuana Growing Forum.
Reason for Nomination:
my job on that site was to debug the existing engines, take a style from a uncoded .psd file, and make it a complete high-quality design, with transparent images (the header is quite transparent)... CSS3 and XHTML techniques for the style itself, coordonance of the style with the vBulletin structure, and a lot of CSS enhancements to replace the icons. all images created are .jpg or .png, to fit with the non-usage of .gif.

Do not judge the content of the forum. Judge the usage of the scripts, like the CoffeeShop Reviews, the Guides and FAQs...

I 2nd this site also, great work on the coding nex :)

M-Tuning
07 Sep 2008, 14:11
Site Name: PSP-Media.nl
URL: www.PSP-Media.nl
Description: A forum dedicated to the Sony PSP, you can find all info about homebrew and custom firmware on the site in dutch.
Reason for Nomination: We almost have 35.000 members, and I just finished the new layout for the site which you can see when you click the link.

BeFit4Free
11 Sep 2008, 03:11
Site Name: BeFit4Free Health and Fitness Forums (http://www.befit4free.net)

URL: http://www.befit4free.net

Description: Free Health and Fitness Forum where people can discuss weight loss, bodybuilding, alternative medicine and basically anything related to fitness.

Reason for Nomination: BeFit4Free exists to give the Average Joe a way to get motivated and learn proper exercise technique as well as discuss weight loss, exercise, diet tips and anything else that might be holding them back from getting healthy.

Not only do we offer FREE advice and also shoot our own personal training videos to teach people proper exercise form, but we are also sponsoring 2 MMA Fighters (Duane Ludwig and Alvin Robinson) to help spread the word and get more people involved in health and fitness.

We'd love to be nominated for Board of the Month because it will help even more people discover our site and allow them to get in shape!

We display random pictures of the newest weight loss and bodybuilding members each time you log in, and we've already had members lose over 20 pounds!

Ejecutor Hanzo
13 Sep 2008, 17:16
Site Name: DDR.cl
URL: http://www.ddr.cl
Description: Rhythm and Games Site.
Reason for Nomination: A little community of dancers and gamers from Chile and Latinoamerica, for talking about all Rhythm games like Dance Dance Revolution, PIU, RockBand, Beatmania and all other games. Also we have spaces for talking about miscellaneous topics, with a unique desing for vbulletin and heavy-mod vbadvanced.

CrashPush
14 Sep 2008, 07:28
Site Name: NYC Transit Forums
URL: http://www.nyctransitforums.com
Description: New York City Transit, bus & rail fan site.
Reason for Nomination: A community that started small and slow has now become one of the top message boards about transit in the New York City area as well as the greater metropolitan area.

XYZ1234
15 Sep 2008, 11:30
Site Name: IrishRepublican.net
URL: http://www.irishrepublican.net
Description: Irish Republican Discussion Forum.
Reason for Nomination: A large community built over a short number of months. It is the only online community of Irish Republicans to discuss pressing issues in Ireland. Republicans are against partition of Ireland, and there is a broad spectrum of political thinkers on the forum to discuss Irish Republicanism and world freedom struggles and news. It would make so many of us proud to recieve BOTM.

Chadi
15 Sep 2008, 20:07
Site Name: Talk Jesus
URL: www.talkjesus.com (http://www.talkjesus.com/)
Description: True Non-Denominational Christian Website, 100% Scripture Based
Reason for Nomination:

Talk Jesus is a very clean forum, no advertisements anywhere and not cluttered. It is completely organized, fast loading pages, well moderated and 100% sincere to its purpose which is: discussions of the Holy Bible, Jesus Christ (GOD) and preaching the truth as told by Scripture. There is no room to allow for personal religious/own version of GOD and the Holy Bible. It does not allow for debates, therefore refraining from being hypocritical of its sole purpose.

The forum is very friendly, honest, edifying. There are over 300+ arcade games all family friendly/kid safe as well. A lot of great features including personal journals, prayer events, hundreds of testimonies of miracles performed by GOD in people's personal encounters, complete online Bible, bible dictionary, colorful high quality Scriptural maps, a high quality live chat room that is actually stable on high number of concurrent chatters.

The forum is very active, nearly 12,000 members and on average about 50-100 posts per day. All registrations are moderated first to weed out any potential troublemakers with ill motives. All photos are also moderated first as well for obvious reasons. Talk Jesus forums has a built in live chat with over 70+ songs in a neatly integrated mp3 player (left column of the live chat). Our chat is able to handle well over 50 concurrent users, especially during our occasional massive prayer events.

Talk Jesus has many awesome features to make it a one-for-all amazing experience to be part of the community. A quick run down of the features provided are (obviously mostly mods taken from this site)...
personal journals
live chat w/ mp3 player
iSpy
Tag Clouds view & search
arcade games with 300+ kid-safe games, nicely categorized
streaming radio & tv player of Christian stations, via a small pop-up window
Stumble Upon like feature, shows random threads upon click
Bible Glossary - over 500+ terms included
High quality Bible / Scripture Maps (over 100+)
Complete online Bible in dozen+ translations, MHC, search function, etc
Scriptural Answers (ie, FAQ like questions/answers on common Bible topics) alphabetically sorted in a dedicated forum.

Hitterman
16 Sep 2008, 17:04
Site Name: Tutorialistic.net
URL: www.tutorialistic.net
Description: A forum for Learners. The forum is all about Learning. You can find Rare Tutorials on Graphics & Web Devlopment. The main Section is Game Modding, Game Hacking & PC Support.

The forum also Provides Fantasy Sports, Latest Technology news . Our Special gaming forum will provide you latest news updated on gaming along with Officially released Videos & Patches.

Some Features:
Casino
vBookie
Arcade
Ethical Hacking Support
Tools Downloads
Complete Learning Support


Reason for Nomination: I think since its a Good source of knowledge it should be Nominated all all should Support it.

fitaholic
17 Sep 2008, 05:42
Site Name: Fitaholic.com (http://www.fitaholic.com)
Forum: www.fitaholic.com/forum (http://www.fitaholic.com/forum)
Profile Demo: fitness tracker (http://fitaholic.com/forum/member.php?u=53)
Profile Demo: pregnancy tracker (http://fitaholic.com/forum/member.php?u=54)

Description: A forum for fitness enthusiasts. A site designed exclusively around fitness and the Journey that one takes to a healthier lifestyle.

The Fitness tracker is a state of the art tracker that tracks your weekly measurements, photos, and fitness notes a long the way. Other members will become inspired by your own Journey.

The Pregnancy Tracker is one of a kind: While my wife and I were expecting our third child we wanted to make sure that everyone could see her progress but amazingly, there is nothing on the internet that allows a female to fully track her progress in a chronological order. Now someone expecting can track her weekly changes via measurements, photos, and notes. No matter how far your family and friends live from you they can see the changes that are being made to your body on a weekly basis if you chose to update your tracker that often.

Additional Features:
free site
fitness ebooks
Fitness Only Video Tab (1,000's)-----------------------------------------thank you vbtube
Trainer Questions
Yahoo Q & A Session -------------------------------------------------------thank you gio~ologist
Embeded Videos in posts/thread etc...
Fitaholic Diet (used to train beginners and competitors)
Fitaholic Routine (used to train beginners and competitors)
Fitaholic Supplement Line (through Advocare)
Fitaholic Cothing Line

Sidebar Features
Updated Newest Member Photos
Updated Newest Member Latest Profile Photos
Updated Newest Member Journey Logs
Updated Member Profiles
Updated Exercise Video of the Week
Updated Program of the Month Video

Reason for Nomination: The Pregnancy Tracker and Fitness Tracker alone are reason enough for nomination; but the joy that is received from watching people literally change their life through fitness and how their life is changed through the birth of a child is amazing. My only heartache is that this site was not created when my wife and I had our first child so that our family/friends could have been more involved even though they were hundreds of miles away.

Please nominate Fitaholic.com for BOTM - - -
Thank you for your consideration, and understand our site is only a few weeks old!

NoeJeko
18 Sep 2008, 06:07
Site Name: MyMMOGames - Multiplayer Gaming and Media Community (http://www.mymmogames.net/)
URL: http://www.mymmogames.net/
Description: MMORPG Community Fansite
Reason for Nomination: Seamless MediaWiki/vBulletin/Wordpress integration. Single sign-on between all 3 applications - MediaWiki plugin coded from scratch. Completely custom skin; identical look&feel across all aspects of the site. vBadvanced used for more than home portal; manages content rich pages properly SEO'd and CRO rewrites for vBa pages.

redtailboa
19 Sep 2008, 19:45
Site Name: Women For Sarah Palin
URL: http://www.womenforsarahpalin.net/
Description: Political website dedicated to supporters of Sarah Palin
Reason for Nomination: A great looking & fast growing website. Great vbulletin, VBA CMPS and VBA Links implementation

Reinhart
26 Sep 2008, 02:53
Site Name: Nintendo World Forum
URL: http://www.wiipals.net/Forum/
Description: Nintendo Wifi Discussion
Reason for Nomination: Layout is very clean and appealing. Multiple mods and template customizations unique to this site. Check out the modifications to the postbit as well as the member profiles and member list with regards to user "friend code" distribution.
I try to keep it clean and limit the number of ads (compared to some other gaming forums out there sheesh!) Weve even created (by hand) our own "Wifi Hub" for Nintendo-ites to play in! Live flashchat has about 40 users in it at any given time and we're gaining over 1000 members/month (3400 last month ) Check out our community and Id appreciate any feedback!

Just installed a fully functional Gifts System that updates a credit system via paypal :)

Feel free to login to test the site out!
(removes some ads/welcome text)

Login: testing
Pass: testing

PS: Im running 3.6.9 for those of you who haven't upgraded yet.. all of the mods and template customizations seen on the site run fine with it so dont be too afraid to upgrade! (Just FYI)

PoetJA-1975
26 Sep 2008, 04:09
Site Name: Nintendo World Forum
URL: http://www.wiipals.net/Forum/
Description: Nintendo Wifi Discussion
Reason for Nomination: Layout is very clean and appealing. Multiple mods and template customizations unique to this site. Check out the modifications to the postbit as well as the member profiles and member list with regards to user "friend code" distribution.
I try to keep it clean and limit the number of ads (compared to some other gaming forums out there sheesh!) Weve even created (by hand) our own "Wifi Hub" for Nintendo-ites to play in! Live flashchat has about 40 users in it at any given time and we're gaining over 1000 members/month (3400 last month ) Check out our community and Id appreciate any feedback!

Just installed a fully functional Gifts System that updates a credit system via paypal :)

Feel free to login to test the site out!
(removes some ads/welcome text)

Login: testing
Pass: testing

PS: Im running 3.6.9 for those of you who haven't upgraded yet.. all of the mods and template customizations seen on the site run fine with it so dont be too afraid to upgrade! (Just FYI)

Wow! I love the gifts system and automated updates via paypal. May I ask where you purchased that system from? Thanx,

Jacquii.

btw - great site = I 2nd it ;)

ImportsNC.com
26 Sep 2008, 21:55
Well here goes nothing!

Site Name: ImportsNC.com

URL: www.importsnc.com/forums

Description: Premier automotive community in North Carolina with 8,900 members and 872,XXX posts.

Reason for Nomination: Clean design, smart modifications and one LOYAL community that interacts online and in real life. Administered by 2 and monitored by a moderator staff near 30. I built this forum from the ground up and with no previous coding skills. And wow 3.7 is so much more enjoyable to mod then vB 5 years ago.

Currently 3.7.3 with following mods:
Cyn Donation mod - converted into a Premium Membership program launched this week! Offering yearly subscriptions or lifetime membership and full of benefits. Lots of people signing up already.

ChatBox - only viable to members, only usable by Premium members.

vbExperience - encourages quality participation not just posting for post counts.

Post thanks system - bc you should be thanked if you post something helpful... had to limit to 4 posts a day because people quickly got too thanks happy.

Latest Album picture at top of forum... bc car guys love looking at pictures.

Top 5 stats - bc people like statistics, or at least I do.

Smart modifications that make your members happy without making the forum confusing and cluttered.

Seems to be working, members are happy and have posted about 8,000 posts this week.

Ohiosweetheart
27 Sep 2008, 04:28
Site Name: Women For Sarah Palin
URL: http://www.womenforsarahpalin.net/
Description: Political website dedicated to supporters of Sarah Palin
Reason for Nomination: A great looking & fast growing website. Great vbulletin, VBA CMPS and VBA Links implementationSecond!

shlomot
27 Sep 2008, 06:47
Site Name: Top Synergy Connections

URL: www.topsynergy.net

Description: tsConnections is a community that offers a varity of tools, know-how, and support to those who want to learn as much as possible about themselves, others, and their potential compatibility.

Reason for Nomination: Making extensive use of index.php?page=... and userfield table (see My Information link in the Toolbox menu) in order to provide an array of personality reports, forecasts, and other tools (see Toolbox menu) that are database-driven and tailored to the logged in user. Same tools and reports are now developed to provide a view on other members personality and life path; look at the Get to Know this Member block on each profile.

Privacy Policy: Each member can set up the following viewing permissions for each of their reports: Everyone | Members Only | Friends | Keeps to myself. We make use of the contacts table to verify friendship.

Note: We have set up a test user for your convenience. Username: test | Password: testing, and the best user to test for reports about other members is topsynergy (http://www.topsynergy.net/members/topsynergy.html) (my own).

Ash Ketchum
27 Sep 2008, 18:45
Site Name: Nintendo World Forum
URL: http://www.wiipals.net/Forum/
Description: Nintendo Wifi Discussion
Reason for Nomination: Layout is very clean and appealing. Multiple mods and template customizations unique to this site. Check out the modifications to the postbit as well as the member profiles and member list with regards to user "friend code" distribution.
I try to keep it clean and limit the number of ads (compared to some other gaming forums out there sheesh!) Weve even created (by hand) our own "Wifi Hub" for Nintendo-ites to play in! Live flashchat has about 40 users in it at any given time and we're gaining over 1000 members/month (3400 last month ) Check out our community and Id appreciate any feedback!

Just installed a fully functional Gifts System that updates a credit system via paypal :)

Feel free to login to test the site out!
(removes some ads/welcome text)

Login: testing
Pass: testing

PS: Im running 3.6.9 for those of you who haven't upgraded yet.. all of the mods and template customizations seen on the site run fine with it so dont be too afraid to upgrade! (Just FYI)

I Second This Site!


From what i can see, this site has much appeal. The Site is VERY Clean and organized, the staff are doing a great job(I didnt see any spam!)
There is not an over flow of mods. Its very tidy, keeping to the name of the forum. From what I have seen the modifications have been customized, making the forum feel more original, none of them have just been left there, creating errors and problems in pages.

The Friend Code system is an added plus! Forget the long list of profile fields, with that mod, it makes exchanging FC's Quick. Not to mention the Wifi Hub and Flashchat!

There is much much more to this site, and from where its came from almost 2 years ago, (Look at how many registrations!) this site deserves to be nominated.

- Ash !Second!


PS: >.> Wtf.

ssandgirls
30 Sep 2008, 08:16
Site Name: My little Pony Trading post
URL: www.mlptp.net (http://www.mlptp.net)

Description: My Little Pony Trading Post is a community for My Little pony collectors. We offer plenty of information, active forums with friendly members and staff. Our site has been running since May 2005 ( VBulletin from May 2007)

Reason for Nomination: We are friendly and welcoming site for all ages, we make use of graphics created by our members and themes as well. Our forums are nicely organised, and we provide a gallery ( Photoplog Pro) as well as classifieds ( Photopost Classifieds) for our members to use free of charge. We also use VB Advanced for our Home Page. We have no advertising on our pages. We are a great source of knowledge for My Little Pony Collectors, and are a very vibrant community.

Ciderhelm
01 Oct 2008, 03:25
Site Name: TankSpot
URL: http://www.tankspot.com/

Description: TankSpot is a World of Warcraft niche fansite which covers MMO tanking and guild management.

Reason for Nomination: Clean, unique design and navigation; integration of a variety of popular modifications.

dkikuchi
01 Oct 2008, 03:36
Site Name: TankSpot
URL: http://www.tankspot.com/

Description: TankSpot is a World of Warcraft niche fansite which covers MMO tanking and guild management.

Reason for Nomination: Clean, unique design and navigation; integration of a variety of popular modifications.

Seconded :)

Gotta give some love to the somewhat last minute submission that looks like a really solid design :)

logicuk
01 Oct 2008, 10:35
Originally Posted by nexialys
Site Name: THC Farmer
URL: http://www.thcfarmer.com/forums/
Description: Marijuana Growing Forum.
Reason for Nomination:
my job on that site was to debug the existing engines, take a style from a uncoded .psd file, and make it a complete high-quality design, with transparent images (the header is quite transparent)... CSS3 and XHTML techniques for the style itself, coordonance of the style with the vBulletin structure, and a lot of CSS enhancements to replace the icons. all images created are .jpg or .png, to fit with the non-usage of .gif.

Do not judge the content of the forum. Judge the usage of the scripts, like the CoffeeShop Reviews, the Guides and FAQs...



I 2ND THIS ONE :D:D

SEOvB
01 Oct 2008, 23:25
Site Name: Search Engine Optimization & Webmaster forums
url: http://seotips4.com/forum/
Description: SEO help
Nomination Reason: Loads of information to help webmasters increase their SERPS. Achieved a PR3 in under a month

Danny.VBT
02 Oct 2008, 02:59
Nominations closed.