PDA

View Full Version : adding additional profile features

tomsch
23 Dec 2009, 19:03
Does a hook exist in the login process to allow me to add things like REAL name, address, city, state, zip, additional preference check boxes etc...

i know there is the user profile features but this only provides a text box

i would like to write this data to a separate table to minimize any VB mods.

Lynne
23 Dec 2009, 19:14
Take a look at the registration.php page and you should see what hooks are available.

tomsch
23 Dec 2009, 20:38
ok that and a couple articles on hooks has helped. But i still can't seem to find the right one if it even exists.

I can use VB to add the fields i need i just need to find a hook location that will allow me to take that information and populate my custom table after the user hits the complete registration button.

anyone suggest an appropriate hook??

Lynne
23 Dec 2009, 23:57
Well, I don't know your mod, but I know I use the register_addmember_complete hook location to add some info to a custom table when I register users.

tomsch
24 Dec 2009, 00:23
Well, I don't know your mod, but I know I use the register_addmember_complete hook location to add some info to a custom table when I register users.

thanks that hook should work. now to fix my php so it doesn't error out.

tomsch
27 Dec 2009, 17:23
is there a readme on how to use hooks??

i want to use this hook

register_addmember_complete

to write additional information into a table.

what i don't understand is how to configure my php page to return back to that spot and continue.

btw: Lynne can you recommend any php books

Lynne
27 Dec 2009, 19:33
There are some articles in the articles forums about using the hooks. I haven't really looked at them though. Once you finish doing your code in a plugin, you should go right back to that place in the code where the hook is located (unless you put an exit; at the end of the code).

As for php books, I really can't recommend any. I use google for a lot of help and then just steal my hubbies php books which are sitting around.