PDA

View Full Version : Moderated Calendar hack v0.1


ethank
26 Aug 2001, 01:05
Here's the Moderated calendar hack. Enclosed are an HTML file with the necessary edits, plus the new Moderated Calendar administrative utility.

This requires an additional column in the calendar_events table.

And you might want to change the graphic to add a public event to be Submit Public Event.

I've tested this on my board. If you encounter any problems installing I'll try to work them out. Its kind of the first hack I've released, so I hope I did it OK.

Ethan

SirSteve
26 Aug 2001, 05:22
Worked like a charm! Just one thing... can the admin be notified via e-mail of a submitted event?

Thanks for this useful hack!

ethank
26 Aug 2001, 05:23
Originally posted by SirSteve
Worked like a charm! Just one thing... can the admin be notified via e-mail of a submitted event?

Thanks for this useful hack!

Good feature, shouldn't be difficult to add. Tommorow.

EThan

SirSteve
26 Aug 2001, 13:49
If you are on a broadband connection, you don't even see that redirect_calendaraddevent page fast enough to read it that it has to be approved first. Can you add a CONTINUE button to that page?

:)

SirSteve
07 Sep 2001, 17:17
It'll show a submitted post awaiting approval under Today's Events on the forums home page.

???

ethank
08 Sep 2001, 17:47
Originally posted by SirSteve
It'll show a submitted post awaiting approval under Today's Events on the forums home page.

???

Isn't "Todays Events" itself a hack? If so, then the SQL that uses needs to be changed.

Ethan

SirSteve
08 Sep 2001, 17:49
Originally posted by ethank


Isn't "Todays Events" itself a hack? If so, then the SQL that uses needs to be changed.

Ethan

That's right (it's been so long I forgot about that). What needs to be changed in SQL?

LuBi
13 Sep 2001, 00:06
What does this hack do exactly?

ethank
13 Sep 2001, 21:18
Basically it lets anyone post a public event, but the admin has to approve it before it shows up on the calendar. I did it because I run a discussion board for a band and it lets me approve things like TV appearances.

EThan

LuBi
13 Sep 2001, 21:32
Sounds like a great hack, I'll be sure to use it. thanks

SirSteve
13 Sep 2001, 22:12
Can you tell me what I need to change to make it work with the Today's Events hack?

:)

and what about the admin being notified via e-mail of a submitted event?

ethank
14 Sep 2001, 18:19
Originally posted by SirSteve
Can you tell me what I need to change to make it work with the Today's Events hack?

:)

and what about the admin being notified via e-mail of a submitted event?

Whats the link to the Today's Events hacked? Most likely it has to do with the "approved" column. Just add something to the WHERE statement in whatever the SQL Today's Events uses for "approved = 1"

As for the e-mail, haven't had a chance to hack it in, hopefully today or this weekend.

EThan

SirSteve
14 Sep 2001, 18:47
Originally posted by ethank


Whats the link to the Today's Events hacked? Most likely it has to do with the "approved" column. Just add something to the WHERE statement in whatever the SQL Today's Events uses for "approved = 1"

As for the e-mail, haven't had a chance to hack it in, hopefully today or this weekend.

EThan

Today's Events Hack:
http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21232

Thanks!

ethank
14 Sep 2001, 18:52
Thanks. I'll take a look at it.

Ethan

SirSteve
23 Oct 2001, 21:31
You get a chance to look at it? And how about that feature e-mailing you to let you know there is a submitted event?

FleaBag
02 Nov 2002, 14:43
Which hack is more efficient? This one or FireFly's?