PDA

View Full Version : Should I upgrade?


TNERatedEdge
06 Jan 2013, 21:54
I have vb 4, should I?

ForceHSS
06 Jan 2013, 22:17
what version are you running now and what one do you want to upgrade to?

deltahawk5
07 Jan 2013, 03:42
I'm guessing he wants to upgrade from v4 to v5.

OP, I would say wait until v5 has matured a little bit. 4-5~ months after "gold" should be enough.

Christos Teriakis
07 Jan 2013, 06:49
Unless if you're not using any 3nd party addon, check if your addons are available (or should be available) for vB5. Otherwise you'll have just a forum in your site.

TNERatedEdge
07 Jan 2013, 14:07
ty guys

conradk
08 Jan 2013, 04:08
I would keep hitting the demo and wait until you are happy with the features and performance.

Lynne
08 Jan 2013, 04:15
It is recommended you not upgrade your live site to vB5 until the software goes Gold. (And no, I don't know when that will be.)