PDA

View Full Version : Mini Mods - New way to force guests to register

dszuecs
08 May 2013, 12:12
If you want me to do the setup for you and create a unique character for your site please check my fiverr.com Gig and spend those 5 bucks :)
http://fiverr.com/dszuecs/create-a-cool-register-now-avatar-for-your-vbulletin-site-and-implement-it

ABOUT THIS MOD

My idea was to place a fix characater on the bottom right, which forces guests to register an account, because i was sick of those standard "hello guest, register" mods.

So with this little modification, you are able to display a nice and flashy character to all guests - forcing them to register :)

All examples on the bottom are free to use.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LIVE-DEMO: http://www.srowned.org

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IF YOU RUN VBULLETIN 4.X.X (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=275895) CHECK THIS THREAD (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=272295)
IF YOU RUN VBULLETIN 3.X.X (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=275895) CHECK THIS THREAD (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=275895)

1. Upload your desired image to "/images/misc/register.png" (if you want my samples, feel free to use them, they are all attached below)

2. Open your "css_additional.css" and add the following lines:

div.forcetoregister {
background:url(images/misc/register.png);
background-repeat: no-repeat;
width:300px;
height:200px;
padding:0 5px 3px;
position:fixed;
right:1px;
bottom:0px;
z-index:1;
}

3. Open your "footer" template and add the following line on top:

To show it on every page add this on bottom right before the </body> tag in footer:
<vb:if condition="$bbuserinfo['userid'] == 0"><a href="/register"><div class="forcetoregister"></div></a></vb:if>

4. Mark as installed

5. You are done!

NEW FEATURE: RANDOM IMAGE ON EVERY PAGERELOAD

Since some one at the forum came up with the wish, to have random images on every pagereload, i can now provide you a solution:

1. Add this code to your "css_additional.css" instead of the code provided on top:

div.forcetoregister {
background:url(rotate.php);
background-repeat: no-repeat;
width:300px;
height:200px;
position:fixed;
right:1px;
bottom:0px;
z-index:1;
}

2. Download the file "rotate.php" wich is attached below

3. Upload the file "rotate.php" to your FORUMROOT

4. Open "images/misc" via FTP and create a new folder called "ftr" (Complete path should look like this: /images/misc/ftr)

5. Upload your desired images to the "ftr" folder (supported file extensions are: PNG, GIF & JPG)

6. Your done!

ForceHSS
08 May 2013, 15:37
You spelled wich like this should be which

newbie2007
01 Jun 2013, 00:54
Great trick!

I cant find the css_additional.css file, would I need to create one?

dszuecs
05 Jun 2013, 15:39
Great trick!

I cant find the css_additional.css file, would I need to create one?

Hi there

Please perform a template search for 'additional.css' via admincp, you should be able to see it there.

Cheers
Dennis

newbie2007
06 Jun 2013, 19:35
Hi there

Please perform a template search for 'additional.css' via admincp, you should be able to see it there.

Cheers
Dennis

Thank You very much! :up:

newbie2007
25 Jun 2013, 02:01
Hello again!

Is there any way to remove the image on the registration page? The image covers the "Complete Signup" button, when viewed on a mobile device, and stops users from registering!

EDIT: Never mind, I changed the size of the image. But still something to look at.

Scanu
25 Jun 2013, 14:43
Change this
<vb:if condition="$bbuserinfo['userid'] == 0"><a href="/register"><div class="forcetoregister"></div></a></vb:if>
to this
<vb:if condition="$bbuserinfo['userid'] == 0 && THIS_SCRIPT != 'register'"><a href="/register"><div class="forcetoregister"></div></a></vb:if>
I haven't tested this on vB5 but it should works :)

newbie2007
25 Jun 2013, 23:58
Thank you

kiba snowpaw
04 Aug 2013, 01:41
WOW this is so nice i only have one problem i Use vBulletin 4.2.1 and i get a error every time i click on the photo ??

Edit:

what i can see the problem is my forum is in a Folder call forum so the link should be /forum/register but every time i try to cheance it nothin happen it still try to open Homepage.dk/register but it should be Homepage.dk/forum/register know anyhow to chence
that

i was looking around in FTP and found out it was call register.php
so i chence The

to
<vb:if condition="$bbuserinfo['userid'] == 0"><a href="/Forum/register.php"><div class="forcetoregister"></div></a></vb:if>

and that help now it work

Jasonspd
10 Oct 2013, 13:11
Change this
to this
<vb:if condition="$bbuserinfo['userid'] == 0 && THIS_SCRIPT != 'register'"><a href="/register"><div class="forcetoregister"></div></a></vb:if>
I haven't tested this on vB5 but it should works :)

I tried this but it doesn't work. Is there another way to not have the mod on the register page?

ozzy47
10 Oct 2013, 13:12
Use this.

Jasonspd
14 Oct 2013, 21:52
Use this.

That's the exact same code

smile2me
30 Oct 2013, 02:55

it's not working at all. anybody else can help please ?!! is there any possible way not to show this picture in the registration page ?!!

bhalkum
31 Oct 2013, 08:32
Works fine on 5.0.5, except the image covers the submit button on the registration page.

Timotimoti
18 Dec 2013, 01:15
Thank you, works fine to me.

ndut
11 Jan 2014, 19:07
nice forum, srowned

Macgiber
29 Apr 2014, 05:07
works 5.1.0 thanks

classicrv
01 Jul 2014, 18:33
This is very cool! Thanks!!

Still can't get it OFF the registration page. Anyone have any idea?

Rahstyles
07 Jul 2014, 14:32
dont work at all nothing shows up

mellesoft
09 Sep 2014, 07:28
dont work for me either. please help. V 5.1.3

Righard
11 Sep 2014, 23:04
Doesn't work here on 5.1.3... Too bad... I like it...

shimei
29 May 2015, 05:26
Great and working with 5.1.7

You can see it here: https://www.christforums.org

Thanks much,
Shim

shimei
05 Jun 2015, 05:15
Works fine on 5.0.5, except the image covers the submit button on the registration page.

You could move the registration button to the left side:

.action-buttons {
text-align: left;
}

I suspect people are having issue with smaller screen sizes. To not display the image on screens smaller than 600px:

@media only screen and (max-width: 600px) {
div.forcetoregister {display: none;}
}

MokeyII
14 Sep 2016, 13:24
I can't seem to get it to work on 5.2.3