PDA

View Full Version : import old vbulletin users into new vbulletin

jojojijijojo1
18 Mar 2015, 02:20
Hi,

I have a full database backup of my previous forum, and I would like to only import users to my newly installed vbulletin, how should I proceed? and what would be the best approach?

My new forum installation already has a few registered users, and all I want to do is to use the old backup database to import/restore it's users ( their usernames, passwords, profiles, etc) but no posts or threads.

Thank you!

HM666
19 Mar 2015, 03:17
You can do that using ImPex I believe. You do not have to import posts, threads etc I think. You can just import the members.

chelseaboy
11 Jun 2015, 21:25
I am having this problem as well. Impex isn't in vBulletin 4 and there isn't a manual for it so a bit lost.

TheLastSuperman
29 Sep 2015, 01:18
Impex must be downloaded from the members area (https://members.vbulletin.com) then uploaded and used to import, it's not found in any version of vBulletin by default.

*This is a late reply however I'm moving all impex related threads to the new Impex forum. I wanted to comment for those in the future who run across this thread.

Zachery
29 Sep 2015, 01:30
The most current version of Impex is available in my signature at the GitHub link. The package here will be updated shortly.