PDA

View Full Version : Impex

RichieBoy67
01 Aug 2015, 13:59
First off I think it bites that they dropped this. The open source version is not working for me. Does anyone have a working copy they can share?

Thanks,
Rich

--------------- Added 1438497711 at 1438497711 ---------------

Anyone?

RichieBoy67
04 Aug 2015, 03:04
Has anyone used the opensource version?

Brandon Sheley
05 Aug 2015, 01:30
What exactly "isn't working" on the latest version from github?

Yes, I've used it before and it does work.

What's your target and source platforms?

Zachery
05 Aug 2015, 01:31
Whats your problem? How doesn't it work? Did you grab my repo?

RichieBoy67
05 Aug 2015, 01:36
First off some of the files have added content to the top which is causing a blank page. I believe this is the cause though I haven't gone through everything yet.

This is a basic phpbb(one of the latest versions) to vbulletin 4.2.

Thanks so much guys!

Brandon Sheley
05 Aug 2015, 01:40
I'll let @Zachery help you since it's his code now.
I do know I've moved an ipb site over to vb 4 recently and was able to get everything sorted, so it was working for me at the time.

RichieBoy67
05 Aug 2015, 01:48
Whats your problem? How doesn't it work? Did you grab my repo?
Yeah Zak. That is what I'm talking about here.

Zachery
05 Aug 2015, 02:02
Need a screenshot or error logs / messages so we can sort out what is wrong.

RichieBoy67
05 Aug 2015, 10:52
Thanks! The error is a blank page. I haven't gone through logs yet but I found this at the top of some of the php files.

<?#shebang#?>

Zachery
05 Aug 2015, 12:19
I'll see if I can't get that fixed, short tags being disabled are probably causing a problem.

I'll push a new build out in a bit.

RichieBoy67
05 Aug 2015, 12:27
I'll see if I can't get that fixed, short tags being disabled are probably causing a problem.

I'll push a new build out in a bit.
Thank you so much! Really appreciate you keeping this going. I still cannot believe Vbulletin would dump it.

Thanks

Zachery
05 Aug 2015, 13:08
Its better to open source it so the community can continue doing stuff with it than to keep it locked away.

I updated the build on my repo. Also available here now: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=319738

RichieBoy67
05 Aug 2015, 14:40
Its better to open source it so the community can continue doing stuff with it than to keep it locked away.

I updated the build on my repo. Also available here now: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=319738While I agree in a way I would have loved to see Vbulletin develop this and keep up with it. After all it serves to allow people to import to Vbulletin.

Anyways, this is still not working for me. I put in the passcode and it says redirecting and then I get a blank page. I have not looked at logs yet.

Thanks

Zachery
05 Aug 2015, 16:36
Check your error log,
Did you configure the ImpEx config file?
Did you add your vBulletin & external db info?
What version of PHP are you running?

RichieBoy67
05 Aug 2015, 23:45
Not seeing any error in the logs pertaining to this. Yes, ofcourse. :) Php is 5.4.43.

Thanks

RichieBoy67
07 Aug 2015, 04:18
I was in a rush with my last reply but here are more details.

Check your error log,

Yes, I checked this using Vbulletin error reporting and there is nothing being reported. Just to clarify, I enter the passcode and it was successful, redirecting and then I get a blank page.

Did you configure the ImpEx config file?

Yes, I have used Impex literally hundreds of times over the years so this is no problem and I double checked it. Also, if the wrong information was entered it would usually result with a message, not a blank page. Right?

Did you add your vBulletin & external db info?

I am not exactly sure what you mean here but are you referring to the source? Yes.. As I normally do I just use ssh to import the database. I then add a user and add it to the source in the impex config file. Again, incorrect information here would normally result with a message, not a blank page when impex is launching.

What version of PHP are you running?

Php is the latest stable version of Php 4.4 though I have my server set up to easily be able to switch between versions 5.3 all the way up to 5.6. if I should use another version let me know.

Zach, have you tested this yourself?

Is there something that would cause this issue related to my server? I cannot find anything.

Thanks,
Rich

RichieBoy67
08 Aug 2015, 13:58
###Bump Please##

snakes1100
08 Aug 2015, 18:30
As its a phpbb to vb, its most likely fields that the free script dont understand or broken email addies.

There is no need for a different copy, you just need to track the errors as they come up in the impex process with some debugging enabled.

RichieBoy67
08 Aug 2015, 23:02
As its a phpbb to vb, its most likely fields that the free script dont understand or broken email addies.

There is no need for a different copy, you just need to track the errors as they come up in the impex process with some debugging enabled.
Ok this is not phpobb as the script does not get that far, I am getting a blank page before I even run the import, before the main page where you choose imports.

I can try the debug though but I do not think it will work when the page isw just blank.

I believe there is something wrong with this opensource version. Has anyone tried it recently?

--------------- Added 1439071896 at 1439071896 ---------------

It is this that is blank.

/impex/index.php?do=login

snakes1100
09 Aug 2015, 07:28
As i cant see your board or server, you would need to enable some debugging & chk the server logs.

RichieBoy67
11 Aug 2015, 11:06
Has anyone tested this version recently? I have used Impex many times and have never had a problem.

I do not see any issues in my logs but I will try again with debugging enabled.

Actually I do see some log entries. I must have missed them.
The error I am getting is:

[Mon Aug 10 21:57:59 2015] [warn] [client #########] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/var/www/vhosts/##########.com/httpdocs/impex/systems/vbcms/000.php' (include_path='.:/opt/plesk/php/5.4/share/pear') in /var/www/vhosts/###########.com/httpdocs/impex/index.php on line 390

--------------- Added 1439288851 at 1439288851 ---------------

Not sure why it wants to go to vbcms by default.

Zachery
11 Aug 2015, 12:42
Tr loading impex/help.php directly and see if you can clear out and restart the session, though I would advise backing up first.

Have you ever run impex in the past?

RichieBoy67
11 Aug 2015, 18:12
Thanks so much for the help!

Turns out my server was not logging correctly so I missed the fact that impex was calling for vbcms. I must have done an import years ago because I do not remember doing one but the evidence was there. Once I cleaned up the session I was able to run the new one.

What a relief. :)

Zachery
12 Aug 2015, 00:04
Glad you got it fixed.

RichieBoy67
12 Aug 2015, 03:02
How can I switch systems? My previous import years ago was for vbcms. I want to do phpbb now but the system will not switch. Last night I got it to switch but I lost some data in the process so I am starting over.

Thanks

Zachery
12 Aug 2015, 03:15
Finalize or clear out the last import, then you can start over.

RichieBoy67
12 Aug 2015, 05:46
Is there a manual way to finalize? All I see is the import page with the modules and they are all done. I have tried the clean up as well but it isn't working either.

Thanks

Zachery
12 Aug 2015, 12:52
http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_multi_import

RichieBoy67
12 Aug 2015, 13:40
Thanks, I actually did delete the import ids. It was the first thing I did but I deleted the import ids for the cms. Apparently I also had to remove the forum import ids as well which I did not think of because the module was the cms module only. haha For the life of me I cannot recall doing the import so it must have been awhile ago.

All set now. Thanks

Thanks