PDA

View Full Version : Downloadable Manual

animal
19 Nov 2001, 14:03
I asked vb.com and they said no but...
I think there should be a downloadable manual so I could print it out and study how to work on this GREAT bbs offline.

Reeve of shinra
21 Nov 2001, 04:54
Well ... I would like something like that so I knew the interaction between files a little better when screwing around with the forum.

Then again - If I was writing, hacking or looking at code I would be on my pc and likely on the net and could pop into the hacking forum to ask should I get stuck somewhere =)

Sinecure
21 Nov 2001, 06:24
They already have the following for download:

vBulletin Manual
The vBulletin Manual offers a complete guide to installation and usage of the product, including a comprehensive guide configuring vBulletin and the control panel.

vBulletin Template Reference
This document gives a full breakdown of the vBulletin templates, on a per-file basis, and details about how to use the vBulletin template system.

vBulletin Entity - Relationship Diagram and Database Schema
This document describes the full database structure found in vBulletin 2.0, including column types and database relationships. Not for the feint hearted!

http://www.vbulletin.com/members

Mark Hensler
21 Nov 2001, 07:16
Originally posted by Sinecure
vBulletin Entity - Relationship Diagram and Database Schema[/u]
This document describes the full database structure found in vBulletin 2.0, including column types and database relationships. Not for the feint hearted![/B]Ahh... but do you have a diagram of the relationships? (similar to what Access can do?) That would be fun to see. Another thing would be a flow chart! muhahaha!

JamesUS
21 Nov 2001, 07:25
Mark - Isn't that just a really big relationship diagram?

animal
21 Nov 2001, 12:59
But my problem is for the "manual" it is only available as web pages. NOT downloadable (unless I am missing something).

Originally posted by Sinecure
They already have the following for download:

vBulletin Manual
The vBulletin Manual offers a complete guide to installation and usage of the product, including a comprehensive guide configuring vBulletin and the control panel.

vBulletin Template Reference
This document gives a full breakdown of the vBulletin templates, on a per-file basis, and details about how to use the vBulletin template system.

vBulletin Entity - Relationship Diagram and Database Schema
This document describes the full database structure found in vBulletin 2.0, including column types and database relationships. Not for the feint hearted!

http://www.vbulletin.com/members

Reeve of shinra
21 Nov 2001, 14:15
Dont I feel stupid for not remembering that was there
*puts on dunce hat*
*smokes pipe*
*goes back to EGWFing*

Prolex
22 Nov 2001, 06:12
If you were so inclined you could just find the part of the manual you wanted and simply print if off.

Mark Hensler
22 Nov 2001, 10:38
Originally posted by JamesUS
Mark - Isn't that just a really big relationship diagram? Which are you talking about?

The first thing I was refering to would show table fields with lines drawn from table to table to show the relationships between DB tables. See attachment for example.

I did a google for flow chart. I'm not good with explaining stuff, so I found a picture illustration! woohoo!
Flow Chart (http://deming.eng.clemson.edu/pub/tutorials/qctools/flowm.htm)

animal
26 Nov 2001, 13:20
Originally posted by Prolex
If you were so inclined you could just find the part of the manual you wanted and simply print if off.
I realize that but I just wanted THE WHOLE MANUAL in printed form without having to go to EVERY web page and print them.

Dalius
04 Dec 2001, 03:19
Don't think it will be released, just copy the stuff you need to Word and print it?

WizyWyg
04 Dec 2001, 08:09
Originally posted by animal

I realize that but I just wanted THE WHOLE MANUAL in printed form without having to go to EVERY web page and print them.

IE and Netscape > File > SAVE As> choose a directory on your computer.