PDA

View Full Version : vBulletin Ethical Dilemma (heh)

futureal
26 Aug 2002, 20:19
So, I find myself in an odd position related to vBulletin hacking.

A user here has written a hack, and endlessly tormented users with screen shots, promises, beta testing and so on, but is charging money for the hack itself. He even has a link to Paypal in his vb.org signature (which is actually the final straw that prompted me to write this message).

I have written my own version of the same hack -- which *I* think is superior, but of course we all prefer our own work -- with the same games and more. My hack started on the same source as his, but is essentially 95% my own code now (with the remaining 5% being var names and related syntax left over from the original source).

So the question is, do I release my hack? Or do I sit on it?

On the one hand, I don't like the idea of people selling hacks, at all. At least, not selling (advertising) them here at vb.org.

On the other hand, I respect the author for the work he put into it, and I do not want to simply screw him over. Additionally, I do not want to piss off the users who have already paid for his hack (and I believe there are at least a few).

Ultimately, I have put a lot of effort into *mine* and would like to release it (and definitely would, were it not for these circumstances) but I can envision an ensuing war that I don't want to be a part of.

(If anybody's interested, you can see my Arcade hack in action at www.shadowsofnamek.com as in my signature below...)

Boofo
26 Aug 2002, 20:55
Release it and let the users decide. Just let them know that there is a free version available. I'm with you on the charging crap. I'll help you ride out any rough waves that come along. If you decide not to release it publicly. I would be interested in trying it out. :)

Goldknight
26 Aug 2002, 21:07
Who cares? As Boofo said, just release it and let users decide. And I second Boofo too if you decide to not release it then I ll join Booo to try it out =D

Edit: Just be yourself, no one can tell you what to do but yourself :)

NTLDR
26 Aug 2002, 21:10
I agree here as well. If the code is 95% your own its clear your not trying to rip anyone off or realeasing a hack which is mostly someone elses code.

Sweet Cheeks
27 Aug 2002, 04:51
Heck yeah! Release it. And its free, woohoo :banana:

futureal
27 Aug 2002, 06:01
Heh, OK you guys have convinced me. I started adding a bunch more features tonight, but I will be posting something in the beta forum soon.

Erwin
27 Aug 2002, 08:07
Release it. :) I want to have a look at it myself. I started this crazy Flash craze when I posted the original Tetris hack in the first place. john is not even letting me try his arcade hack, which is fine, since he has obviously spent a lot of time adding stuff to my original Tetris hack (which I ported over from vBPortal). Oh well... :)

Boofo
27 Aug 2002, 08:10
And the really sick part in all of this is that he is using vb.org to make money off of it. That kind of ruins the fun of hacking for me. Is he giving you anything for getting it started? ;)

Originally posted by Erwin
Release it. :) I want to have a look at it myself. I started this crazy Flash craze when I posted the original Tetris hack in the first place. john is not even letting me try his arcade hack, which is fine, since he has obviously spent a lot of time adding stuff to my original Tetris hack (which I ported over from vBPortal). Oh well... :)

zootsuit
27 Aug 2002, 08:21
Yeah, he said he was going to release the hack [along with the Store Integration] saying nothing about 'donations.'

I really don't mind paying for a hack at all! Heck, I paid for Karma, but this seemed a tad disappointing, IMHO.

Futureal - I think you should release it. There are plenty of 'duplicate' hacks in these forums.

Go for it! :banana:

Boofo
27 Aug 2002, 08:24
There is a BIG difference between donations and releasing a hack only to those who have paid, which is all what he is doing really amounts to. He is only calling it donations to hide the fact that you must pay for it to get it.

Originally posted by zootsuit
Yeah, he said he was going to release the hack [along with the Store Integration] saying nothing about 'donations.'

I really don't mind paying for a hack at all! Heck, I paid for Karma, but this seemed a tad disappointing, IMHO.

Futureal - I think you should release it. There are plenty of 'duplicate' hacks in these forums.

Go for it! :banana:

zootsuit
27 Aug 2002, 08:33
Originally posted by Boofo
There is a BIG difference between donations and releasing a hack only to those who have paid, which is all what he is doing really amounts to. He is only calling it donations to hide the fact that you must pay for it to get it.

Well said. That's what I was trying to say but my blonde hair was getting in the way. ;)

futureal
27 Aug 2002, 08:47
You guys have totally convinced me. :)

I will release it, but it will take some time (a few days at least) for me to even get it into an "installable" form. Plus, I am still adding features on a daily basis to my own.

Rest assured, I'll get it out there. And when it does go out, it should be rather nice!

Goldknight
27 Aug 2002, 08:52
=D Glad that you re totally convinced! Hats goes to Boofo and his "well said" statement as usual. Looking foward to fool around with your hack. :)

g-force2k2
27 Aug 2002, 15:35
eh... are we talking about all that tetris and game stuff? well anyways good luck to you futureal... i hope that your hack works out fine... if you need any assistance feel free to ask... regards...

g-force2k2

DrkFusion
27 Aug 2002, 16:12
Go a head, its not gonna hurt....

By the way...was shadows of namek, the forums that went up after Planet Namek went down, the style is a "bit" similar.

Alot of members are from there also.
Anyways
good luck

futureal
27 Aug 2002, 18:02
Originally posted by DrkFusion
By the way...was shadows of namek, the forums that went up after Planet Namek went down, the style is a "bit" similar.

Alot of members are from there also.

Yup, that was the idea. We used the same style so people would feel "at home." But the site quickly became 100% different other than the look (and there are different styles to choose from now).

Namek is my "fun" site where I test code and generally goof off, R/C Tech is my "real" one.

DrkFusion
27 Aug 2002, 19:26
Yea, I remember a discussion about that there.

*Notes that futureal really likes the onmouseover button change effect*

Anyways go ahead and release it, and good luck!

Chen
27 Aug 2002, 20:32
Who is the user that has a PayPal link in his sig?

John
27 Aug 2002, 20:57
Originally posted by FireFly

Erm... don't know :s <looks shifty>

Would everyone be happy if I released with no support?

NTLDR
27 Aug 2002, 20:59
Originally posted by FireFly

I think it *was* john.eovie, if so it has gone now.

John
27 Aug 2002, 21:02
Originally posted by NTLDR

I think it *was* john.eovie, if so it has gone now.

It was yeah, but I never realised it was against the rules. Link taken off.

I came up with the arcade hack for my forums, I was never planning to release it. Then people start asking me if they can have it, and offering donations - now people are claiming that it should be made public... there's no pleasing some people!

Ninth Dimension
27 Aug 2002, 21:10
I would have posted in this thread ages ago, but I've only just noticed it. I've got nothing against you releasing another arcade hack, after all, this is a dog eat dog world. – may the best man win

What I'm upset about is all the people that have slated John for the screen shots, posts, etc... about the arcade hack in the Tetris thread. I don't see any problems with him doing this, esp. considering how off-topic a lot of the hack threads can get.

What I'm also unhappy about is the fact that all of the people in the pre-mentioned thread are accusing john of leading them on. This is not the case, and never has been.

The truth of the matter is that John freely released the “Tetris with leader board” hack and started working on another hack for his own personal and private use. He might have casually suggested to a few people that he had such a hack, but from the very start always said that it was not going to be a public release. Next thing we know everyone wants it.

It’s like someone coming into your home and taking your TV because they “want it” – are you just going to give it to them?

It was HIS hack for HIS site. I don’t see a problem with selling it due to these reasons.

And yes, you may have noticed that I’m running his arcade hack on my site, I was one of his beta testers for the arcade hack and also spent quite some time helping him with it (while he helped me with my own hack) before anyone else even knew the arcade hack existed.

That’s all I wanted to say. – I believe in open source, but I also believe in free commerce.

John
27 Aug 2002, 21:21
I didn't realise that the fact people were paying for my own version for my site annoyed people so much.

I spent 4 days solid making the arcade hack suitable to send out to people, rather than having it only on my site. (Because people asked me to.) Now, once everyone gets together they gang up on me because it's wrong for me to get anything back for the hard work I put in.

If you want me to release the arcade hack, fine. But I can't give any support (the main reason why I didn't want to release it in the first place). I'm only going to be giving updates and support to the people who were kind enough to support me. Likewise, only the people who supported me will get my other hacks - you won't even hear about them in any other thread.

Boofo
27 Aug 2002, 21:24
But how many hacks and help has John gotten from here that he was not charged for or had to pay any "donation" and this is how he pays all of that back to the community? We should all be here to help one another and have some fun while doing it. If someone wants to "sell" their hack, fine, just do it on their own site and don't involve the community here. It's a cheap shot to take advantage of the users here by baiting. Sorry, that's just my opinion.

And anyone who releases hacks without any support is not a whole lot better. Because then, instead of charging for the hack, you will have to pay for the support. How many hacks have you gotten from here that did not have support?

NTLDR
27 Aug 2002, 21:27
Originally posted by john.eovie
Now, once everyone gets together they gang up on me because it's wrong for me to get anything back for the hard work I put in.

Firstly, I'll state that I'm not ganing up on you at all. I have no problem with you selling any hack you make or only providing support to those who support you.

I haven't read the very long tetris thread, but what I think people don't like is people advertising paid hacks on these forums, I never saw the link in your sig or anything about if it was going to be released, the fact that you have to pay or anything.

Just my $.02, good luck with the hack ;)

John
27 Aug 2002, 21:28
But how many hacks and help has John gotten from here that he was not charged for or had to pay any "donation" and this is how he pays all of that back to the community? We should all be here to help one another and have some fun while doing it. If someone wants to "sell" their hack, fine, just do it on their own site and don't involve the community here. It's a cheap shot to take advantage of the users here by baiting. Sorry, that's just my opinion.

And anyone who releases hacks without any support is not a whole lot better. Because then, instead of charging for the hack, you will have to pay for the support. How many hacks have you gotten from here that did not have support?

Right, so you don't want me to release it now. Take a look at the original tetris hack - about 65 pages of support over the last week alone, sorry if that isn't good enough! Perhaps I should give up my day job to become a full timer....

Boofo
27 Aug 2002, 21:33
We're not gaining up on you at all. But I want to ask you something. How many hacks have you downloaded from here and "donated" to the author for all of his hard work? Do you honestly believe you have worked any harder on your paid hack as someone else does on their free one (with support). Lesane's Store hack is a perfect example. And I could name a few more that I am sure you are running one of.

Now, once everyone gets together they gang up on me because it's wrong for me to get anything back for the hard work I put in.

Ninth Dimension
27 Aug 2002, 21:34
Originally posted by NTLDR
Just my $.02Great, i've got to pay YOU now ;) ;) ;)

NTLDR
27 Aug 2002, 21:35
Originally posted by Ninth Dimension
Great, i've got to pay YOU now ;) ;) ;)

LMFAO :D

John
27 Aug 2002, 21:36
We're not gaining up on you at all. But I want to ask you something. How many hacks have you downloaded from here and "donated" to the author for all of his hard work? Do you honestly believe you have worked any harder on your paid hack as someone else does on their free one (with support). Lesane's Store hack is a perfect example. And I could name a few more that I am sure you are running one of.

When will anyone get this, the arcade hack was for my site only - but through carelessness it got out, and all of a sudden I owe it to everyone to release it.

Fine. You won't see any more hacks or support from me. I'll keep myself to myself.

Ninth Dimension
27 Aug 2002, 21:39
what is the ruling on vb.org for selling of hacks? I can't see any terms and conditions anywhere???

This is a hacking community, related to any types of hack, free or otherwise.

The number of hacks john has installed by other authors is not the issue here, if other people want to give away hacks, that's up to them.

I don't feel that john should be pushed out of the community because of this.

futureal
27 Aug 2002, 21:46
You'll note that I never said selling a hack was wrong, I just said I disagreed with the practice, and I TRULY disagree with using the vb.org forums to heavily promote a hack that is being sold, as is going on in the vbTetris thread.

I will release my hack when it is ready, and it will be free and I will support it. The vb.org (and vb.com before it) community has helped make my sites what they are today and I'd be happy to donate whatever time I can to give back to people.

As I said in my original post, the ethical part of it comes up mainly because I'm not a "dog eat dog" sort of guy, I guess. :)

DrkFusion
27 Aug 2002, 21:48

When will anyone get this, the arcade hack was for my site only - but through carelessness it got out, and all of a sudden I owe it to everyone to release it.

Fine. You won't see any more hacks or support from me. I'll keep myself to myself.
Okie Dokie...
I will remember this day, when you ask for support for someone elses hack :bandit:

-_-

BYE AND HAVE FUN!!!
BOOFO U ARE CORRECT!!!
YOU ARE A CLOSE 90% RIGHT!! ;)

/me is so cool

DrkFusion
27 Aug 2002, 21:49
Originally posted by Ninth Dimension
what is the ruling on vb.org for selling of hacks? I can't see any terms and conditions anywhere???

This is a hacking community, related to any types of hack, free or otherwise.

The number of hacks john has installed by other authors is not the issue here, if other people want to give away hacks, that's up to them.

I don't feel that john should be pushed out of the community because of this.

YOU KNOW WHAT??
If I had Johns hack, I would back him up too :lick:

*sniff* I smell a head up someones ass *sniff*
:chinese:

By the way, I am agreeing to that this community shouldn't really be used to sell stuff...and some other things..err yea

John
27 Aug 2002, 21:51
Probably your own

DrkFusion
27 Aug 2002, 21:53
Is that even possible?

I actually saw a guy on Ripply's Believe it or not bend down that far, but not enough to stick his head in his own ass.

-_-

John
27 Aug 2002, 21:53
Ok, deleted the main tetris hack, so that's the end of that. S65 pages of tech support in that one, can you blame me for not wanting to release the arcade with support?!

DrkFusion
27 Aug 2002, 21:54
WOW...impressive

Boofo
27 Aug 2002, 21:57
Clinton did it for years, so, yes, it IS possible.

Is that even possible?

I actually saw a guy on Ripply's Believe it or not bend down that far, but not enough to stick his head in his own ass.

-_-

Ninth Dimension
27 Aug 2002, 21:57
*sniff* I smell a head up someones ass *sniff*I'm not backing him up because I've got his hack, I'm backing him up because I feel what is happening to him is wrong.

Since I first met john, via these forum, i've been talking with him a lot on MSN, and I've almost come to a point where i'd call him a friend.

I'm supporting my friend because I know he is feeling very unhappy at the moment at the way some people have been treating him.

DrkFusion
27 Aug 2002, 21:59
Ok whatever :ninja:

Clinton has skills.

Boofo
27 Aug 2002, 22:09
I was going to say Reagan, but I didn't know how many of you would remember that era. To be honest with you, I kind-of admire Clinton. Not for any of his policies, but for all that he got away with while in the White House. :)

Ok whatever :ninja:

Clinton has skills.

DrkFusion
27 Aug 2002, 22:12
Clinton has a big nose

DrkFusion
27 Aug 2002, 22:13
Lol..the last few posts were just pointless ;)

Ninth Dimension
27 Aug 2002, 22:13
see how easy it is to go off-topic on this forum (but i will admit that "sometimes" it's OK, even funny :))

Lanigironu
27 Aug 2002, 22:22
I'm sorry to have to say this, John, but if that incredibly simple hack required 65 pages of support (at least 20 of which were strictly arcade hack discussion of course), then it's your own fault for releasing such a buggy hack.

I myself am a beginner at PHP, so I am not one to say when code is good or bad. However, a certain advanced user from this message board told me that your hack was written in a horrible way. That user managed to nearly halve the amount of queries without losing any functionality or compromising security. Now that's something. Even I found a way to get rid of at least 4 queries just by looking at the code.

The quality of your work is what led to 65 pages of support, not the incompetence of people. If you spent time making the hack better, it would not be a problem.

Now judging from just that hack (since you haven't released anything else), I woulld never entrust my money in you to get another one from you, it would probably be just as messy and inefficient code-wise.

The fact that your hack is so simple is another problem. When Overgrow started selling the Karma hack, he had it integrated into nearly every aspect of the message board and site. He also installed it for you, so I am told. What you are giving is a very simple hack (hell, it took me 10 minutes to edit that Snake game you have and have it working perfectly with the leaderboard and all) that is not impressive in any way.

You really did bring it up on yourself.

John
27 Aug 2002, 22:23
Originally posted by Lanigironu
I'm sorry to have to say this, John, but if that incredibly simple hack required 65 pages of support (at least 20 of which were strictly arcade hack discussion of course), then it's your own fault for releasing such a buggy hack.

I myself am a beginner at PHP, so I am not one to say when code is good or bad. However, a certain advanced user from this message board told me that your hack was written in a horrible way. That user managed to nearly halve the amount of queries without losing any functionality or compromising security. Now that's something. Even I found a way to get rid of at least 4 queries just by looking at the code.

The quality of your work is what led to 65 pages of support, not the incompetence of people. If you spent time making the hack better, it would not be a problem.

Now judging from just that hack (since you haven't released anything else), I woulld never entrust my money in you to get another one from you, it would probably be just as messy and inefficient code-wise.

The fact that your hack is so simple is another problem. When Overgrow started selling the Karma hack, he had it integrated into nearly every aspect of the message board and site. He also installed it for you, so I am told. What you are giving is a very simple hack (hell, it took me 10 minutes to edit that Snake game you have and have it working perfectly with the leaderboard and all) that is not impressive in any way.

This is why I don't do business with kids.

Boofo
27 Aug 2002, 22:29
That hurt, Drk. (Well, I'm over that now.) :)

Lol..the last few posts were just pointless ;)

NTLDR
27 Aug 2002, 22:30
As this has nothing to do with the topic of this thread perhaps the bickering should stop here?

John
27 Aug 2002, 22:31

The fact that your hack is so simple is another problem. When Overgrow started selling the Karma hack, he had it integrated into nearly every aspect of the message board and site. He also installed it for you, so I am told.

First I've heard of it - never used the Karma hack in my life.

Link14716
27 Aug 2002, 22:32

Most of it wasn't support jackass. He wrote the script, can you right a secure script like his in 10 inutes? I would be amazed if you did it in 2 weeks. Kiss my ass, you ++++tard.

Lanigironu
27 Aug 2002, 22:40
His security features were inefficient and cumbersome. They added unnecessary queries.

And yes, I can write a script like his, even better, but I decided to aid futureal make his better instead of writing one from scratch.

I could write a script like that in one day, and I am a begginer. I'm sure somebody like FireFly could easily write the whole Arcade hack in one hour.

Link14716
27 Aug 2002, 22:41
Fine then. Post it here tommorow, I would like to see how much you'd rip off his.

Oh, they were cumbersome, unnecesary? Go ahead and attempt to cheat on one of them.

zootsuit
27 Aug 2002, 22:43
What really is childish is deleting the hack and running away.

I can't believe you thought you didn't at least 'entice' others into thinking you were going to release the arcade hack publically...

In Erwin's first thread, which is where you got the idea, you mentioned you were going to install the leaderboard [which you did], then you said the next thing to come for us was the Store Integration [because you already said you had it - we, uh, saw the SS], be patient you said...then it turned out to not be that and just be a full blown aracde thing...fine...then it's a pay hack...

...and you're supporting it in THESE forums.

Karma was incredible and was worth the $30 - As I said, I have no problem paying for a hack that I feel deserves it...but yours was a let down - in my opinion of course.

Well, I guess it's true, what begins big, crashes big.

Boofo
27 Aug 2002, 22:44
Hey, Link, where you been, my friend? I was wondering when you would show up in here. I'll admit that Lanigironu might have went a little far with that one but we all need to keep a cool head here. And as far as the code, if I remember right, Erwin wrote the original code to the tetris hack. :)

Glad to see you around here. ;)

Originally posted by Link14716

Most of it wasn't support jackass. He wrote the script, can you right a secure script like his in 10 inutes? I would be amazed if you did it in 2 weeks. Kiss my ass, you ++++tard.

John
27 Aug 2002, 22:44
I offered to release the arcade hack zootsuit, but I don't have the time to support it.

John
27 Aug 2002, 22:46
What really is childish is deleting the hack and running away.

No, I'm just tired of the whole thing. Sheesh, first I can't keep it open, then I can't keep it closed!

If you want the arcade hack, ask me for it. Simple. I'm not releasing it on vb.org, because apparently I'm not allowed to.

NexDog
27 Aug 2002, 22:47

Boofo, that's a bit out of order. John has put alot back in by way of his first tetris/Leaderboard hack. :ermm:

NexDog
27 Aug 2002, 22:53
Lanigironu, count your people and social skills as also being at the beginner level.

You so great
You are so mighty
You are so young

.....and it shows. ;)

NexDog
27 Aug 2002, 22:55
And it was 65 pages of "interest" and not support. God, all you kids are spoiling this. Jealous that some other kids got more pocket money so they could pay John a tenner.

Life is set to disappoint. :D

Link14716
27 Aug 2002, 23:02
Originally posted by NexDog
And it was 65 pages of "interest" and not support. God, all you kids are spoiling this. Jealous that some other kids got more pocket money so they could pay John a tenner.

Life is set to disappoint. :D

As I was saying.

And BTW, John, I loved you hacks and I have you added (as squall14716/webmaster@vggmn.com) on my contact lists. I want your arcade hack, support, no support, doesn't matter to me.

And BTW, I think people should stop bashing John because he made a good hack that you would have never been able to do. Respect, people, it is what your sorry asses needs to learn.

zootsuit
27 Aug 2002, 23:08
Respect, people, it is what your sorry asses needs to learn.

For me, it has nothing to do with respect. I respect his work. I know what time and effort it takes to do something like that...

I just think he should've been upfront in the beginning about charging and moved his entourage to his own forums for support. It just seems obvious that he used this forum for his own personal gain.

My personal opinion, as always... :bunny:

Lanigironu
27 Aug 2002, 23:10
Yeah, my people skills and social skills are lacking, you're right. After all, there's no arguing with an analysis of a stranger that doesn't know you.

Think before you insult people. I told John what I thought of his hacks, and it is all true. When I tried to help him out by giving him feedback on his working version of the arcade hack, he insulted me. I don't see why I have to show any respect to him.

I already said that it would be stupid to remake a whole arcade hack from scratch. futureal made a great hack, and I will help him make it even better, and even try to integrate my Flash Player hack into his.

Link14716
27 Aug 2002, 23:10
Maybe he wasn't going to sell it at the begining. Read some of the earlier posts. Maybe he just wanting some honest donations? Maybe, just maybe, dumbasses contributed to him not publicly releasing it? Or was it because he had a leased licence? He didn't sell the Tetris hack, so why be upfront about a hack that didn't even exist yet?

Link14716
27 Aug 2002, 23:11
Yeah, my people skills and social skills are lacking, you're right. After all, there's no arguing with an analysis of a stranger that doesn't know you.

Think before you insult people. I told John what I thought of his hacks, and it is all true. When I tried to help him out by giving him feedback on his working version of the arcade hack, he insulted me. I don't see why I have to show any respect to him.

I already said that it would be stupid to remake a whole arcade hack from scratch. futureal made a great hack, and I will help him make it even better, and even try to integrate my Flash Player hack into his.

No no no, you said you could make one in a day. Prove it.

futureal
27 Aug 2002, 23:11
Well, this was not what I wanted this thread to turn into. Give it a rest, guys.

Link14716
27 Aug 2002, 23:13
No, I want to see his sorry ass do it.

Boofo
27 Aug 2002, 23:14
Sorry, have to disagree with you here. I never said he didn't do as lot of hard work on it. I'm sure he put a lot of hours and sweat into it and I admire anyone who can do what he has done with a hack. But I could release 100 hacks here and still never be able to give back to this fine community everything I have gotten from it either by friendship or learning about php and hacking. Cost should never be associated with a place like vb.org. That takes all of the fun out of hacking and learning.

Originally posted by NexDog

Boofo, that's a bit out of order. John has put alot back in by way of his first tetris/Leaderboard hack. :ermm:

Lanigironu
27 Aug 2002, 23:21

No no no, you said you could make one in a day. Prove it.

I don't need to prove anything to you.

Link14716
27 Aug 2002, 23:22

I don't need to prove anything to you.
That's because you can't, +++++++.

Lanigironu
27 Aug 2002, 23:26
I can, but I don't need to prove it to you. Trying to anger me so I do it to make you shut up is very stupid.

I prefer to spend my time on something more uselfull, like finding more games that can be modified.

NexDog
I see your point 100%. Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with it. But if everyone started doing it, that would suck. Like I said in Daniel's poll, if the hack is extraordinary, then I don't mind.

But I'm a taker all the way. The only thing I can ever give back all you php geniuses is feedback and praise. (And a couple of bucks if the need arises).

zootsuit
Guys, c'mon...

Have a dancin' :banana:

Goldknight
27 Aug 2002, 23:35
Guys, c'mon...

Have a dancin' :banana:

Yeah! ---> :dance: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

DrkFusion
27 Aug 2002, 23:53
THATS IT...SOMEONE MAKE ME MOD OF THE LOUNGE...IM GONNA TAKE CARE OF THESE ++++ERS!! THE MANLY WAY :rambo:

Boofo
27 Aug 2002, 23:58
Ohhh, now you guys (and gals) went and did it. You made Drk mad. I'm outta here. I've seen him like this one other time and I'm still recovering from it. BYE!

Link14716
28 Aug 2002, 00:03
*runs*

NexDog
28 Aug 2002, 00:35
See ya!!!

DrkFusion
28 Aug 2002, 01:48
:stares@everyone:

Yea thought so

Boofo
28 Aug 2002, 01:52
After what you did to me the last time, I am forever your humble servant. A lesson learned that I hope no on else ever has to experienece.

:stares@everyone:

Yea thought so

DrkFusion
28 Aug 2002, 01:58
Yes..

*tries to remember what I did to Boofo*

Boofo
28 Aug 2002, 02:16
You see what I mean? It was so horrifying, that even * Drk can't remember. I wish I could forget. :cry:

Yes..

*tries to remember what I did to Boofo*

DrkFusion
28 Aug 2002, 02:38
It is coming back to me,

I remember, when I took down half of the vb community with my harsh words, and my superiority in strength, looks, and power ;)

It hurts me to see my fellow men hurt. Please don't push me to do it.

Though boofo is a sure 2nd in looks ;)

LightBringer
28 Aug 2002, 02:58
This is pathetic.

Please do us ALL a favor (you know who you are) and look up the word community.

LightBringer
28 Aug 2002, 03:02

Roflmao! This coming from someone who has more than just a handful of broken images on his/her site!?

Lanig, drop the ego/attitude. You are making an ass out of yourself because of HEARSAY?!?!! It's very simple, if you don't like the hack, don't download it. You don't need to approach situations with this ridiculously absurd, 16 year old, know-it-all, cavalier attitude.

Boofo
28 Aug 2002, 03:05
All heed his warning. The man is an animal.

And I got your back with the looks, my friend. :)

Does that makes us Guardians of the Complaint Forum?

It is coming back to me,

I remember, when I took down half of the vb community with my harsh words, and my superiority in strength, looks, and power ;)

It hurts me to see my fellow men hurt. Please don't push me to do it.

Though boofo is a sure 2nd in looks ;)

DrkFusion
28 Aug 2002, 03:10
Light Bringer you made a mistake by dragging your ass into this discussion, I suggest you just leave while you can.

Be warned, don't take this as a joke, we really don't take nicely to ++++ers that come into a thread thinking there so cool, you have much to learn, let this thread be.

Don't even try replying to this post, because you are pathetic fool that doesn't know what he has gotten himself into.

You woul dof been better off just keeping your smartass mouth closed.

LightBringer
28 Aug 2002, 03:12
This coming from some 17 year old kid who has experienced less than life than he can imagine?

DrkFusion, don't threaten me child.

DrkFusion
28 Aug 2002, 03:20
Ha, You can't start to imagine what I have been through my life.
You can't even start to think what my family has gone through to get to where we are.

You claiming to be 29, shouldn't talk before knowing what I have seen in my life.

I sure as hell don't need you to tell me that I havn't experienced anything, if anything if your really knew me you would most likly be in debt to me, thats how I am, I may be young, but I know what happens, that calls for my short temper, when I get pissed, I get pissed, my act of stupidness in the lounge, and stuff, is to make up for everything.

I again suggest you don't talk to me like you are superior to me, I know that you think so, but you are no way even equal to me.

Keep that in mind, I will threaten you all I want, mainly because I can.

Erwin
28 Aug 2002, 03:23
Holy moly... I leave for a few hours and the whole community has gone up in flames.

I suggest everyone STOP, take a deep breath, and contemplate the situation - we are talking about HACKS here people - tiny pieces of code that are in the scheme of life IRRELEVANT. In this case, we are talking about a GAMES hack. :) See how silly it is to get so worked up?

Let's not take things too seriously here - we are in this business for the fun of it. Let's not have bad blood between fellow vBers. There are more things to worry about in life. :)

Boofo
28 Aug 2002, 03:26
Calm down, Drk. It's not worth all of this, my friend. I'm old and I still haven't been through everything yet. :) There are people younger than me that have been through more than I have and people older than me who haven't been through as much. All that matters is that we're here to enjoy what we have, no matter how we got here. Life is too short to get upset over soemone else's ignorance. :)

DrkFusion
28 Aug 2002, 03:27
Ok, you are right, I lost myself for no damn reason, especially for something that doesn't have any impact of my life, consider this the last post, next post in this thread will be prosecuted by Drks Order

See "One mans stupidness is anothermans Stupidness" thread to see what I am talking about.

Consider this thread closed.
Or pretend.

Boofo
28 Aug 2002, 03:28
I'm outta here. Ba-Bye.

Lanigironu
28 Aug 2002, 03:49
Originally posted by LightBringer

Roflmao! This coming from someone who has more than just a handful of broken images on his/her site!?

Lanig, drop the ego/attitude. You are making an ass out of yourself because of HEARSAY?!?!! It's very simple, if you don't like the hack, don't download it. You don't need to approach situations with this ridiculously absurd, 16 year old, know-it-all, cavalier attitude.

I honestly have no idea what the hell you are talking about with the whole broken images thing. Maybe you mistook me for somebody else.

I did not make an ass out of myself, I expressed my opinion. You clearly don't even know what this whole thing is about, so please, just stop trying to act like you are the enlightened one.

And I hoped this whole thing was over.