PDA

View Full Version : Suggest a good host


Massiel
29 Aug 2002, 00:05
Just wondering if you could recommend a good host, what I am looking for is a reliable host with good support, not so much down time....

filburt1
29 Aug 2002, 00:40
http://www.hostingmatters.com/

DrkFusion
29 Aug 2002, 01:06
www.xpera.com

Never been any downtime, the time Ive been on here there has been 100% complete uptime, good support too.

TECK
29 Aug 2002, 07:25
www.tera-byte.com
probably the best out there. i'm with them for 2 years and my budy for 5.

DWZ
29 Aug 2002, 07:37
I'm very happy with http://www.myacen.com/

Lesane
29 Aug 2002, 07:43
http://www.imhosted.com

futureal
29 Aug 2002, 07:51
I have two big sites hosted at www.venturesonline.com and they are great. No real problems.

Erwin
29 Aug 2002, 07:52
The best bang for bucks - http://www.racknine.com

I use them, and the support has been excellent. Tell Matt or Kevin that you know Erwin, and they will treat you well. :)

Dean C
29 Aug 2002, 11:02
www.viperhost.com , www.wizardhosting.com

Chris M
29 Aug 2002, 20:52
www.xpera.com

I use them, and they have been reliable and have very good support:)

Satan

Marty McFly
30 Aug 2002, 16:52
www.phpwebhosting.com

i use em, $10 a month, unmetered bandwidth (i get 6k+ hits a day and they are cool with that), 100 megs to start and more space if you need it for free. i have 225 megs on my site right now still for $10. good control panel too.

omegauk
30 Aug 2002, 16:56
I really recommend you go for www.Viperhost.com
They are excellent, good packages, reliable, fast. :)

TECK
31 Aug 2002, 13:34
Originally posted by omegauk
I really recommend you go for www.Viperhost.com
They are excellent, good packages, reliable, fast. :) heh.. corey really likes the color Orange... :)
nice site.

N9ne
31 Aug 2002, 16:52
Originally posted by Marty McFly
www.phpwebhosting.com

i use em, $10 a month, unmetered bandwidth (i get 6k+ hits a day and they are cool with that), 100 megs to start and more space if you need it for free. i have 225 megs on my site right now still for $10. good control panel too.

I should hope they're cool with 6000 or more hits daily because I get around 400000 :S

Martin64
31 Aug 2002, 17:13
The term "hits" is confusing for a lot of people. I'm not saying you don't understand it, I just want to make it clear before you start talking about numbers. :)

"hits" means all connections to the server, such as showing an image or a page, while;
"pages" are all pages shown to visitors, and;
"visits" are the number of unique visitors on the site.

As an example, one of the site's on my network had the following stats for yesterday's visitors:

hits: 607050
pages: 219935
visits: 16933

As you can see, hits and visits differ quite a bit.

DrkFusion
31 Aug 2002, 21:22
iSNT PAGES, almost the same as hits, pages is how many times pages are loaded on your site or someting

Martin64
31 Aug 2002, 23:46
No no no... "pages" are the number of page views. hits is a totally different thing as I already explained. :)

Erwin
01 Sep 2002, 11:23
Pageviews is counted each time you refresh the page and see it.

Hits is everything you download on the one page.

For example, when you refresh this thread, that is 1 pageview, but probably 20-30 hits, because it has to download 20 image files, plus access other files on the server etc.

Martin64 explained it well.

Mone'
02 Sep 2002, 02:00
www.lenzmultimedia.net

N9ne
02 Sep 2002, 02:25
Originally posted by Martin64
The term "hits" is confusing for a lot of people. I'm not saying you don't understand it, I just want to make it clear before you start talking about numbers. :)

"hits" means all connections to the server, such as showing an image or a page, while;
"pages" are all pages shown to visitors, and;
"visits" are the number of unique visitors on the site.

As an example, one of the site's on my network had the following stats for yesterday's visitors:

hits: 607050
pages: 219935
visits: 16933

As you can see, hits and visits differ quite a bit.

Yep there was a hint of sarcasm in my post ;)

for me hits are into the millions monthy a nd around 50k uniques :p

Mone'
02 Sep 2002, 10:10
Originally posted by Lesane
http://www.imhosted.com


Lesane i'm sorry to go over your word but imhosted is one of the worse host i had come across in my life !

constant dns problems mail server web server and most of all constant downtime , i'd be lucky if i was getting 94 - 95% uptime in a month !

i had a few accounts with them on 3 of theyre server and expirienced the same problem.

Support is as dream that never came true.............

I'm telling this after several months of dealing with imhosted

I don't reccomned them to anyone ;)

Mone'

Lesane
03 Sep 2002, 00:08
Originally posted by Mone'



Lesane i'm sorry to go over your word but imhosted is one of the worse host i had come across in my life !

constant dns problems mail server web server and most of all constant downtime , i'd be lucky if i was getting 94 - 95% uptime in a month !

i had a few accounts with them on 3 of theyre server and expirienced the same problem.

Support is as dream that never came true.............

I'm telling this after several months of dealing with imhosted

I don't reccomned them to anyone ;)

Mone'

To be honest, i can't really say that it's a good host or not. It looks good, i'm with them now for almost a week and the support is good and the price is also good but i'm not satisfied with the speed. It goes very slow.

They have a 14 day money back guarantee so maybe .... ;)

Erwin
03 Sep 2002, 01:09
Try racknine - cheap and reliable, with great support. Click on the link in my sig.

mjames
03 Sep 2002, 01:56
I recommend VenturesOnline: http://www.venturesonline.com

Lesane
03 Sep 2002, 19:32
Does anyone have any experiences with OneRack.Com (http://www.onerack.com)?