vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=87090

cdrive 01 Nov 2003 20:19

works a treat ! cheers!

imported_Michael 03 Nov 2003 23:30

Ok, I did this hack or modification to templates. But see for me I had to put the pagebreak (<BR>) before the custom title instead of the field for the group.

RandyP3 22 Nov 2003 13:19

I finally realise the problem :p You need to have a custom title that is changed already before using the mod. Yeah... and that'll make the <br> work. :nod:

imported_Michael 29 Nov 2003 16:42

Nothing happens! See this is what is in my template:

<a name="post$post[postid]"></a>
$post[firstnewinsert]
<normalfont><b>$post[username]</b></normalfont><br>
<smallfont><b>$post[field9]</b></smallfont>
<smallfont>$post[usertitle]</smallfont><br>
<BR>
$post[avatar]<p>

and than in the Profile Editor in the AdminCP:

Permeanent User Title: Psychic Reader<br>

imported_Michael 18 Dec 2003 23:33

Please help me!

deemon 26 Dec 2003 16:00

hi!

Quote:

STEP 3: ADD TO POSTBIT

Open the "postbit" template

find "$post[usertitle]"

Right before this, add "<b>$userinfo[field5]</b>"
aand..

Quote:

In the field enter whatever you wish to appear for that user in bold before their chosen custom title followed by <br>, for example: Moderator<br>
i think.. it would be nice if you place the <br> right after "<b>$userinfo[field5]</b>" like <b>$userinfo[field5]</b><br> ..
because then you dont haveto put it in to the user profile field separately .. or something like this..

RandyP3 27 Dec 2003 07:23

The reason why we do that is because for people without a permanent usertitle, it'll have a gap between the user name and the user title itself. :)

WaterTrooper 28 Jan 2004 21:41

Really nice little hack. :)

Re: [Release] Permanent + Custom User Titles For Staff (or any other user you wish)
by David Coutts
13 Feb 2004 05:04

Thanks so much, Kittzy. This was one of the easiest hacks I have ever installed, it took me all of 2 minutes, and you explained it so well. Thanks, That made my life a whole lot easier. :D

Re: [Release] Permanent + Custom User Titles For Staff (or any other user you wish)
by imported_Synicide
15 Feb 2004 16:16

Once could actually use Rank to do this. But this is still a very nice mod. :D Great job.

by Lexina
16 Jul 2004 00:31

Hi, I was wondering if there was any way you could have this hack work with a usergroup, and as soon as a person is put in a usergroup, it automatically adds a permanent usertitle for them?

by spiritmage
17 Sep 2004 21:13

Okay, I know this is a OLD thread but can anyone help me with this... call me dense but I don't get how the problem with the gap was fixed :(. If I don't put <br> then the custom title and the username run together unless each are long enough... If I do then there is the gap. How was it fixed?

by Dark Queen
21 Apr 2005 03:01

I was simply wondering (if anyone still comes here) if you could send me the file on how to do it because it won't let me download at all... :( I click on the link and a new page loads but the download doesn't start.

I am liscence registered and all that. I don't know what's wrong.

So if anyone has it could you please send it to [email protected]

Thanks.

by Caligatio
18 Jun 2005 08:02

I'm trying this hack, but it's not working. Does anyone have a copy of user.php from 2.3.0 they want to share?

The Phantom 23 Jun 2005 03:34

I've posted a Beta release of a fix that I've done on my own boards that allows me to add html to custom profile fields via the user.php in the admin panel, just like in 2.3.0. I run 2.3.7 and it works like a charm.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...325#post724325