vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=83486

wolfyman 04 Mar 2006 07:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfyman
when I try to import the xml file it is telling me it is an invalid file. What am I doing wrong?


Please for the love of all that is spam compliant READ MY QUOTE. I have no idea what I am doing wrong, and apparently neither do you. None of you have ever experienced this in your life. I am all alone in this small tiny internet, and - is this really happening?


Will somebody please help me here?!!!

tamarian 04 Mar 2006 19:36

wolfyman, what file are you trying to import, and where are you trying to import it from?

tamarian 04 Mar 2006 19:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by DannyITR
I did a test and the bounced emails stopped however the test user I used didn't recieve a PM telling him to change his email and he is still subscribed to threads.

How do I test the program? I have limits set to one offence only.

Check the statistics, to see if they were caught. Then check the cron times when the task will be run, or run it from the cron manager.

wolfyman 04 Mar 2006 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamarian
wolfyman, what file are you trying to import, and where are you trying to import it from?

Thank you for your response :)

I am trying to import the xml file attached in this thread from my desktop.

tamarian 04 Mar 2006 23:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfyman
Thank you for your response :)

I am trying to import the xml file attached in this thread from my desktop.

The attached file should be copied to the includes/xml directory.

The file that needs importing in step 4 is the plugin xml file included in the package.

DannyITR 07 Mar 2006 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamarian
Check the statistics, to see if they were caught. Then check the cron times when the task will be run, or run it from the cron manager.

My stats are completely empty:

Total bounced emails currently logged
Top bouncer [] - -
Last run with results 19:00, 31st Dec 1969

hmm:

Your IMAP/POP settings can connect Failed


I just hooked it up in outlook and I was able to access it fine. I had 500 emails to download. Why wont vbouncer do this?

DannyITR 07 Mar 2006 19:01

I'm sure the problem lies here:

Leave empty if your prefer using the file method below. This setting allows you to define an IMAP or POP connection for vBouncer to access the bounced emails account for processing. Here are a few examples, replace the domain name with your own:
For local IMAP: {localhost:143}INBOX
For local POP: {localhost:110/pop3}INBOX
For remote POP: {myisp.com:110/pop3}INBOX

I have this in my box but I have no idea if its correct.

{mail.montrealracing.com:110/pop3}INBOX

dutchbb 08 Mar 2006 00:56

how do I uninstall this asap?

My members don't receive any mails at all now. I just want to get rid of it asap please :s

Why is there no uninstall option anyway?

tamarian 08 Mar 2006 03:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by DannyITR
I'm sure the problem lies here:

Leave empty if your prefer using the file method below. This setting allows you to define an IMAP or POP connection for vBouncer to access the bounced emails account for processing. Here are a few examples, replace the domain name with your own:
For local IMAP: {localhost:143}INBOX
For local POP: {localhost:110/pop3}INBOX
For remote POP: {myisp.com:110/pop3}INBOX

I have this in my box but I have no idea if its correct.

{mail.montrealracing.com:110/pop3}INBOX

Make sure it's the same settings as your POP account, correct login and password. Might want to try with the notls option as someone tried a few posts above.

tamarian 08 Mar 2006 03:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triple_T
how do I uninstall this asap?

My members don't receive any mails at all now. I just want to get rid of it asap please :s

Why is there no uninstall option anyway?

Run the install script, it has an uninstall option, and remove the plugin and cron tasks.

DannyITR 08 Mar 2006 03:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamarian
Make sure it's the same settings as your POP account, correct login and password. Might want to try with the notls option as someone tried a few posts above.


It is and I tried this as you suggested

{127.0.0.1:110/pop3/notls}INBOX


but the connect still fails.

DannyITR 11 Mar 2006 19:03

anyone can help?

tamarian 12 Mar 2006 01:49

Danny, you must use your email's connection information. 127.0 IP may not be the right one, if you say you use an external email server.

DannyITR 13 Mar 2006 14:37

Hey looks like its working!

https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/external/2006/03/14.jpg

DannyITR 15 Mar 2006 22:08

Apparently if I send a user a normal email using the admincp and it bounces then it is not caught by vbouncer. I was going to use it as a way of getting anyone with a faulty email to change it.


All times are GMT. The time now is 21:47.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2021, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.