vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=145781

Michael Morris 24 May 2007 01:54

Tonight's project goals --

1. Get the vJoomla site up and running. I'll continue to watch this site, but the forum will provide a working example of the module. For now the site will be my online dev example.
2. If I have enough time after that I'll be releasing version .1.3. It will include the login module among other fixes.

zincpony 24 May 2007 03:20

would the joomla user database and the vbulletin user database be cross used as you logg into the site you can use it and the mods and admin will have extra privileges in the joombla article / news post

Michael Morris 24 May 2007 03:53

Sort of. vJoomla doesn't use the Joomla table for authentication at all - it authenticates off the vbulletin object. This means only one list of users with one set of log ins are all that are needed for both sides of a site.

Now I'm still cleaning things up, but for those of you that have been holding out for a demo of this product, here we go ;)

http://www.joomla.com

Michael Morris 24 May 2007 04:48

Version 0.1.3 is out. The debug code has been removed (it was generating more mail than I can hope to sort through - luckily I linked it to a throwaway email account). Those worried about security though can rest easier. A minor bug in the product_jos.xml has also been removed.

InfoNirvana 24 May 2007 04:59

Re: bbpixel.

Quote:

BBpixel transfer to new hosting
Posted by koudanshi - 05-23-07 04:05 - 0 comments - Read 5 times - make a comment
Hello all,

We're please to inform all of you that we will transfer BBpixel to new hosting provider. The current one can not handle the resource and we switch to another provider.

The time to do will be in range 23-May - 26-May.

Please go back again if you have any problem access our site.
Michael has clearly stated that bbpixel and vJoomla are different solutions with different goals. Some vB users might want to use bbpixel.

vJoomla.com looks good. So very cool to see the native Joomla! install with vB templates.

:)

AK47 Nemesis 24 May 2007 08:33

Hmm, strange, just installed the newest version of vBAdvanced, and if i enable the hack now, some modules work (at the vBAdvanced homepage), not all, but most of them. My news module isn't working though. I wonder what the problem could be... It might be the PHP-files?

EDIT: @Micheal: You might want to try installing vBAdvanced CMPS (at www.vbadvanced.com), it's free and alot of people are using this. Maybe you can see what's wrong.

Michael Morris 24 May 2007 13:53

I wouldn't know. I'm familiar with vbAdvanced, this is the system the sites I admin currently run. I haven't investigated any of the problems between them - the two products aren't really meant to go together at all.

AK47 Nemesis 24 May 2007 14:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Morris (Post 1253789)
I wouldn't know. I'm familiar with vbAdvanced, this is the system the sites I admin currently run. I haven't investigated any of the problems between them - the two products aren't really meant to go together at all.

Yeah, that's the strange part. Only the News and Who's Online modules aren't working... Hope i can figure it out, since i could really use this.

Michael Morris 24 May 2007 14:21

Well, my next tool I'm working on will move news posts out of the forum you designated for them in vbAdvanced and put them in the Joomla content table where they really belong, and also allow for commenting. Once vJoomla is ready to go there shouldn't be a NEED to run vbAdvanced alongside it.

zincpony 24 May 2007 19:33

noo what my question was and you pretty much cleared it up already, would the use the same user database and would the admins and mods get special privileges on the joomla end

mescalin 25 May 2007 01:42

its probably the most exciting mod i've ever seen in vb. Thats just what i need as hundreds of other vbulletin&joomla users.

Thank you for devoloping and sharing that mod. Im looking forward to see the stable version. I think it will be a very popular mod in the future..;)

RvG2 25 May 2007 08:27

HI Michael,

Got this error while registering in www.vjoomla.com

Fatal error: Only variables can be passed by reference in /www/vjoomla.com/production/htdocs/forum/register.php on line 384

RvG2 25 May 2007 08:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by mescalin (Post 1254143)
its probably the most exciting mod i've ever seen in vb. Thats just what i need as hundreds of other vbulletin&joomla users.

Thank you for devoloping and sharing that mod. Im looking forward to see the stable version. I think it will be a very popular mod in the future..;)

yap... probably could be nominated to be listed in the "premuim modifications"

RvG2 25 May 2007 10:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by RvG2 (Post 1254301)
HI Michael,

Got this error while registering in www.vjoomla.com

Fatal error: Only variables can be passed by reference in /www/vjoomla.com/production/htdocs/forum/register.php on line 384

it works now... :)

Michael Morris 25 May 2007 16:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by RvG2 (Post 1254342)
it works now... :)

That's an intermittent PHP 5 error - I need to upgrade my version of PHP on that server.