vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=145781

Michael Morris 05 May 2007 23:59

Located a bug on my own - vJoomla needs to re-eval the header and footer after it parses the modules in case you have a module in those positions. This correction will be included on the next revision. If you wish to apply it now open vJoomla's index file and find these lines

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Add above

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

pxd 06 May 2007 01:37

Could anybody confirm that he has successfully installed this mod on a localhost server? I suspect there is a server config issue stopping me from setting this up...

Michael Morris 06 May 2007 01:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by pxd (Post 1242172)
Could anybody confirm that he has successfully installed this mod on a localhost server? I suspect there is a server config issue stopping me from setting this up...

If your doing a testbed install try installing vbulletin without a bb prefix. If it works it means the problem is I forgot to put TABLE_PREFIX in front of one of my vbulletin queries.

pxd 06 May 2007 02:05

Thanks for looking into this. Unfortunately that's not the case, I have installed another fresh forum + joomla. Going to move the files to a live server and see how it goes there...

Joomla 1.5 beta 2 out
by Michael Morris
06 May 2007 08:26

Joomla 1.5 beta 2 is out. It seems the template system didn't come to pass from a glance at the code. I'll have to read some docs though. Whatever the case, it won't be stable till I'm guessing October, so that means this project will continue. Still, it is worth a look.

thunder_sti 07 May 2007 03:27

Hey Micheal, Im am getting this error after I installed version 1 clean install.
Quote:

PHP has encountered an unrecoverable error and script execution has halted.

Warning:main(/home/inc001/public_html/forum/includes/init.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
at Line:20
in File:/home/inc001/public_html/global.php
Begin Stack trace:

Level: 1
Line: 20
File: /home/inc001/public_html/global.php
Function: require_once
Function Arguments:
Class:
Object:
Call Type:

Level: 2
Line: 189
File: /home/inc001/public_html/globals.php
Function: require_once
Function Arguments: Array ( [0] => /home/inc001/public_html/global.php )
Class:
Object:
Call Type:

Level: 3
Line: 24
File: /home/inc001/public_html/index.php
Function: require
Function Arguments: Array ( [0] => /home/inc001/public_html/globals.php )
Class:
Object:
Call Type:

Level: 4
Line: 906
File: /home/inc001/public_html/vbseo.php
Function: require
Function Arguments: Array ( [0] => /home/inc001/public_html/index.php )
Class:
Object:
Call Type:

Rukas 07 May 2007 17:01

Two questions.

1. Does the forum HAVE to be located in /forum or can it be a different subfolder?

2. Can the joomla vbulletin skinning be turned off? Id like to use the current Joomla Template and a different forum template.

Thanks.

RedefiningFate 07 May 2007 20:11

Michael-

I know you're a very busy person. My issue I think was overlooked on page 8 towards the top. If you have time please look at it.

Thanks

paul_c 08 May 2007 12:29

Just a quick FYI:
If you add both vB and Joomla to the same database you may want to avoid giving the tables the same extension. The problem is that both products have a table named Session.

Also, be careful not to rename the admincp (and maybe the modcp) folders as is often recommended as the Joomla Control Panel link to the vB backend will not work.

Michael - been fooling around with this and seems pretty interesting though I'm running into a few issues which I think I can resolve.

drex 08 May 2007 17:16

michael-

you rock. waiting patiently for a more stable version.

Boy, do I have plans for this!

imported_hbs 11 May 2007 20:38

Will this work under the new ver 3.6.6 ?

RedGTiVR6 11 May 2007 20:41

considering it hasn't even been released for a day....

since it's still very much in beta I'm hoping you're not asking to implement it on a live site. as such, why don't you download it, install it, and let us all know.

;)

Michael Morris 12 May 2007 19:20

Sorry about the delay folks. Had a pair of major flash projects erupt for the week so wasn't able to do any work through the week. I am continuing work through this weekend. I'll be upgrading my test server to 3.6.6. I may have a patch out by tomorrow, but it won't be the installer.

Michael Morris 12 May 2007 19:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunder_sti (Post 1242805)
Hey Micheal, Im am getting this error after I installed version 1 clean install.

That's a compatibility issue between this hack and vbseo caused by a failed include. Since vJoomla will eventually use it's own rewrite schema I do not think these products will ever be compatible.

Michael Morris 12 May 2007 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rukas (Post 1243066)
Two questions.

1. Does the forum HAVE to be located in /forum or can it be a different subfolder?

2. Can the joomla vbulletin skinning be turned off? Id like to use the current Joomla Template and a different forum template.

Thanks.

When the installer is done it will be possible to put them anywhere in relationship to each other. HOWEVER, for now the path is hardcoded in several spots. If you're feeling adventurous it's in joomla's global.php and in the plug in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedefiningFate (Post 1243168)
Michael-

I know you're a very busy person. My issue I think was overlooked on page 8 towards the top. If you have time please look at it.

Thanks

Looks like a require failure but beyond that I'm not sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by paul_c (Post 1243565)
Just a quick FYI:
If you add both vB and Joomla to the same database you may want to avoid giving the tables the same extension. The problem is that both products have a table named Session.

A very good point. Personally I recommend letting joomla use it's default table prefix of jos_

Quote:

Also, be careful not to rename the admincp (and maybe the modcp) folders as is often recommended as the Joomla Control Panel link to the vB backend will not work.
Correct - for now. The installer will fix this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drex (Post 1243723)
michael-

you rock. waiting patiently for a more stable version.

Boy, do I have plans for this!

Thanks, I'll keep on it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by imported_hbs (Post 1245773)
Will this work under the new ver 3.6.6 ?

I'll know in about 20 minutes.