vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324806

Site Help: Hacked
by SVTCobraLTD
24 Mar 2017 15:21

Google sent me a notice that my site has been hacked. I have been trying to replace files to eliminate the issue but I have had no luck. I signed up for SiteLock and they did a scan but said it is deeply rooter, whatever that means. I am in need of help to find the issue and get this resolved. Any help or route I can take to get help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

www.PennMustangs.com

Dave 24 Mar 2017 15:26

It's a bit hard to tell from our position, it could be hidden in plugins, files, hooks, etc.

You might want to create a paid service request here: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30

blind-eddie 25 Mar 2017 01:06

What made google think your site was hacked?

I registered to your site, seems as if you are having www issues as well. I was having issue surfing your site until I removed www from the URL.
I am not staying logged in anywhere.

Also, you are using vbadvanced v3.1.0. It is a vulnerability and you need to update it to 3.2.3

I would like to help you out, free of charge.

Kane@airrifle 25 Mar 2017 09:08

filestore72 infection...

Resources:
https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...lestore72-info

https://clients.urljet.com/knowledge...version-2.html

https://clients.urljet.com/knowledge...e123-Hack.html

SVTCobraLTD 27 Mar 2017 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by blind-eddie (Post 2584307)
What made google think your site was hacked?

I got an email about this from them regarding this.


Quote:

I registered to your site, seems as if you are having www issues as well. I was having issue surfing your site until I removed www from the URL.
I am not staying logged in anywhere.
Not sure how to resolve this?


Quote:

Also, you are using vbadvanced v3.1.0. It is a vulnerability and you need to update it to 3.2.3
I tried updating but keeping getting this error.

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

--------------- Added 27 Mar 2017 at 12:57 ---------------

Thank you. I am working through these.

blind-eddie 27 Mar 2017 13:26

Delete this line of code in the install file and try again


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Also, change all instances of TYPE=MyISAM; to ENGINE=MyISAM;

SVTCobraLTD 27 Mar 2017 18:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by blind-eddie (Post 2584388)
Delete this line of code in the install file and try again


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

That gives me this error now...
Quote:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home1/XXX/public_html/forums/admincp/vbacmps_install.php on line 3608

MarkFL 27 Mar 2017 18:26

Try removing the closing bracket that was associated with the if statement you removed.

blind-eddie 27 Mar 2017 18:53

Sorry, this is what needs removed from the install file


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


SVTCobraLTD 27 Mar 2017 19:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by blind-eddie (Post 2584405)
Sorry, this is what needs removed from the install file


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


Still not working.

blind-eddie 27 Mar 2017 19:26

My offer stands as stated in my 1st post, I will help you, free of charge.

If you want free help with your issues, set my account on your site with full acp access and set up a temporary FTP account and pm me the info.

SVTCobraLTD 28 Mar 2017 10:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by blind-eddie (Post 2584410)
My offer stands as stated in my 1st post, I will help you, free of charge.

If you want free help with your issues, set my account on your site with full acp access and set up a temporary FTP account and pm me the info.

Thank you. I would like to work through this so I can learn. My biggest issue is not knowing if it is removed or not. My next step is just completely replacing every file/plugin to insure the issue is removed.


All times are GMT. The time now is 16:41.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.12
Copyright © 2019, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.