vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=175282

Control User Post Font via Profile Options
by ChU v2
06 Apr 2008 06:52

2 Attachment(s)
This will allow your member's to control their font options like: color, type, size, bold, italic, underline. They can access this by going to their UserCP and selection Edit Options.

Unfortunately without a product, I could not incorporate Usergroup permissions. I tried everything I know. Anyone is more then welcome to introduce some options that could make that work or make a product!

This idea was thought from this modification: here

Refer to the attached text file for instructions.

Please Click Install!

iogames 06 Apr 2008 08:58

Wow! can I talk to u in private? ;)

Jasem 06 Apr 2008 12:34

Wow!, Thank you very much :)

Flamerokz 06 Apr 2008 12:57

Thanks! One of my members needed this

BigDog56 06 Apr 2008 14:48

Can't get the color or size to work

ChU v2 06 Apr 2008 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDog56 (Post 1484331)
Can't get the color or size to work


Make sure that you've edited the fieldXX with the correct field numbers.

obmob 09 Apr 2008 18:52

WOW, and this would set a default font, size, color in user posts?

This is a must! :D
Will test... thanks!

M0Dy 10 Apr 2008 02:50

Thank you

ChU v2 12 Apr 2008 15:35

Your welcome

imported_mindcrime 12 Apr 2008 20:43

I'm having some issue installing this. Where in the template? The postbit for all of the templates that are on the site?

Also, with regard to the fields. I have put them into the code as they are (font face, color, etc.) and still not working.

ChU v2 14 Apr 2008 02:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by imported_mindcrime (Post 1489240)
I'm having some issue installing this. Where in the template? The postbit for all of the templates that are on the site?

Also, with regard to the fields. I have put them into the code as they are (font face, color, etc.) and still not working.

It says specifically in the instructions where to place the code. You should FIND and ADD BELOW.

Add the code in the right spot and you should be fine.

imported_mindcrime 14 Apr 2008 02:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChU v2 (Post 1490049)
It says specifically in the instructions where to place the code. You should FIND and ADD BELOW.

Add the code in the right spot and you should be fine.

I added it into the legacy postbit as was referred to in shadow's post. The instructions with this mod state edit template but not where.

I put it in presumably where it is supposed to be, however, it is not working. Could you please be more specific for us code-tarded folks. Thanks.:D Also, can you clarify - the instructions say:

FIND:
<!-- message -->
<div id="post_message_$post[postid]">$post[message]</div>
<!-- / message -->

REPLACE WITH:

Alfa1 14 Apr 2008 10:38

Yes, that would be handy!

Searching templates for the code

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

shows two templates that contain this code:
postbit and postbit_legacy

postbit works.

I only want members to be able to set font type, color and italic. The field number for this are:
font type: 23
color: 24
italic : 25

I have color and italic working, but not font type.

My current code is:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Please advise.

Does higher / lower case matter when defining fonts?

ChU v2 15 Apr 2008 01:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by imported_mindcrime (Post 1490068)
I added it into the legacy postbit as was referred to in shadow's post. The instructions with this mod state edit template but not where.

I put it in presumably where it is supposed to be, however, it is not working. Could you please be more specific for us code-tarded folks. Thanks.:D Also, can you clarify - the instructions say:

FIND:
<!-- message -->
<div id="post_message_$post[postid]">$post[message]</div>
<!-- / message -->

REPLACE WITH:

I've just downloaded the instructions and it says:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


ChU v2 15 Apr 2008 01:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfa1 (Post 1490270)
Yes, that would be handy!

Searching templates for the code

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

shows two templates that contain this code:
postbit and postbit_legacy

postbit works.

I only want members to be able to set font type, color and italic. The field number for this are:
font type: 23
color: 24
italic : 25

I have color and italic working, but not font type.

My current code is:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Please advise.

Does higher / lower case matter when defining fonts?

Yes the code shows up in two templates because it depends on which you use Postbit or postbit legacy, this option can be toggled in vBOptions.

As for your problem, the way the code works it HAS to have the the size code in there. my suggestion to is leave the code the way it is and change the font size PX to the desired size you want like so:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

OR

You can also still make the profile field, but only make 1 option like 15 or whatever. Then set it to default first option and make it so the member can not edit. The first option might be easier.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:46.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2021, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.