vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=71049

NuclioN 27 Oct 2004 20:34

Nice :) The refresh is a flash of white, can this be dark so a refresh is not so...noticable?

Red Blaze 27 Oct 2004 21:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealFragger
there is one thing so far that i do not like, its the fact that if there are enough messages to warrent a scroll bar it pops back to the top of the page so i have to scroll back down. When it gets populated it might be a problem

EDIT: It also does this when it refreshes too

Well, I think it'd be better if the messages were from top to bottom rather bottom to top. In other words, instead of the new messages being the bottom ones, make the new messages appear at the top.

SVTOA 27 Oct 2004 21:58

Quote:

there is one thing so far that i do not like, its the fact that if there are enough messages to warrent a scroll bar it pops back to the top of the page so i have to scroll back down. When it gets populated it might be a problem

EDIT: It also does this when it refreshes too

EDIT2: my little temp fix is to limit the number of messages i changed in vbchat.php;

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

into

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

I had to set it to 10 to work for me... There must be a line we can chage so it will not go to the top, as this is the only complaint members have, although your solution seems to work ok. As long as nobody posts a picture that is. :D

TheRealFragger 27 Oct 2004 22:22

i have it set to 13 because of the fact that i have quite a few in there and some of the messages got lost

EDIT: and i agree with bolth of you

bendigo-tech 28 Oct 2004 00:02

Quote:

That is the only thing I don't like about it as well. Thanks for your little workaround. Worked a treat!

Cheers :)

Zero Tolerance 28 Oct 2004 00:25

Yeah i have updated the one on my forum so it auto scrolls down., part of v1.0.1

I will be including other features such as:
Create Rooms
/noicon command (cancels out emoticons)
Choose message order (top-bottom / bottom-top)
Display Name's for the chat
/msg {user} command (only the user inputted will see the message)

As for th flash of white, im afraid that cant be changed, on load the webpage is white, this will only occur for people on slower modems tho.

- Zero Tolerance

SVTOA 28 Oct 2004 00:31

Zero T- Will there be an upgrade script as well? I have other forums I would like to install this on, perhaps i should wait for the update?

Very nice work, thank you sharing this with us.

Zero Tolerance 28 Oct 2004 00:34

Yes there will be an update script and a fresh install script when new versions are released :)

- Zero Tolerance

SVTOA 28 Oct 2004 00:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero Tolerance
Yes there will be an update script and a fresh install script when new versions are released :)

- Zero Tolerance

Spoken like a true professional. :)

Sypher 28 Oct 2004 00:39

nice hack zt!

dndog 28 Oct 2004 01:33

Awesome.

/me clicks install

Skaterscafe.com 28 Oct 2004 01:38

Awsome.

ZT, I have one question....I have the vBadvanced CMPS v1.0.0 and in the AdminCP/index.php there's really nothing there just a few statements, nothing like should be...any suggestions?

Here is what's in the file:

<?php
// ++=========================================================================++
// || vBadvanced CMPS v1.0 RC2 ||
// || 2003-2004 vBadvanced.com & PlurPlanet, LLC - All Rights Reserved ||
// || This file may not be redistributed in whole or significant part. ||
// || http://vbadvanced.com ||
// ++ ========================================================================++

error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);
define('NO_REGISTER_GLOBALS', 1);
define('THIS_SCRIPT', 'adv_index');
define('VBA_PORTAL', true);

// ============================================
// Enter the full path to your forum here
// Example: /home/vbadvanced/public_html/forum

http://www.skaterscafe.com/public.html

// No Further Editing Necessary!

require_once('./global.php');

print_portal_output($home);

?>

Zero Tolerance 28 Oct 2004 03:03

Well i havnt used the vBAdvanced Portal cms thingy, but are you sure your admin files are not in another directory, or the admin index.php is renamed to something else when you install this? If so then edit the renamed file.

vBChat v1.0.1 40% Done

- Zero Tolerance

SVTOA 28 Oct 2004 05:13

ZT, you are top-notch. Upgrade worked perfectly.

Zero Tolerance 28 Oct 2004 05:27

Good to hear :)

Enjoy the new features.

- Zero Tolerance