vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=71049

oldengine 26 Feb 2005 23:08

(Version 2.2)

First user comment: Any way to change the size of the chat window?

Need a way to force dump a user from the RH list, when you "know" they've left. Apparently the script can't catch certain exit methods. Although I did notice that this user was cleared within a minute or two.

Need smaller type on "Sent Private Chat Message" - will look at templates.

Zero Tolerance 26 Feb 2005 23:11

When you make the edit to the navbar, you will see a JS function, here you will find something along the lines of:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Change this to:

Quote:

width=#,height=#
And yes, make sure when you input numebrs dont put single quotes around them, and also percentages won't work i believe.

- Zero Tolerance

oldengine 26 Feb 2005 23:15

Is it possible to leave the click and drag resizing available to the user?

Also, I added more items to the post above.

Thanks!

Zero Tolerance 26 Feb 2005 23:18

Where you editied the width and height, add:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

As for "[user] Leaves Room", and them being removed from the Users In vBChat List, it will only work properly if the user has the pop-up blocker disabled, so it would be wise to ask your members to disable it for your site :)

- Zero Tolerance

oldengine 26 Feb 2005 23:32

The resizable is good. Unfortunately, on my screen, the highth of the chat window is so tall that I cannot reach the lower right corner or the bottom to drag in the height. The width works fine.

I should mention that I am using IE6.

Zero Tolerance 26 Feb 2005 23:36

Well it depends what you set the width/height to.

How about pressing the "Maximize" button next to close in the window?

- Zero Tolerance

oldengine 26 Feb 2005 23:47

Quite likely that I'm missing something. There is no "close" or "maximize" button, so I may have someting missing from a template.

Zero Tolerance 26 Feb 2005 23:50

I meant the close/maximize/minimize buttons that are on your window itself.

- Zero Tolerance

oldengine 26 Feb 2005 23:52

Aaaaccckkk! That was a big Duh! Sorry.

No, maximizing and minimizing does not allow reaching the lower right corner for resizing.

Zero Tolerance 27 Feb 2005 00:01

What value's did you put in for the height and width?

- Zero Tolerance

Chadi 27 Feb 2005 00:19

I upgraded to v2.x from 1.x but now the header, navbar, etc are gone? I added $header
$navbar
...manually in the CHAT template but it shows the chat part wider than the screen. I did not modify any other template but even checked the chat_main template is 100% width as it should be and by default. How do I correct this?

http://www.talkjesus.com/vBChat.php?&do=main&nojoin=1

Zero Tolerance 27 Feb 2005 00:21

It's supposed to not have a header and footer, since its a pop up window now :)

- Zero Tolerance

Chadi 27 Feb 2005 00:22

Ok I reversed it but is there a way to insert it within the site like it was in teh old version?

Chadi 27 Feb 2005 00:24

By the way, how do I create / add rooms (not user created but admin) and are the forum mods automatically mods on this chat as well? Where do I find the codes/functions to ban and such? Thanks for your work!

SVTOA 27 Feb 2005 00:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadi
Ok I reversed it but is there a way to insert it within the site like it was in teh old version?

The whole idea of how ZT coded the new version is so you can use the EXIT command and close the chat window. You really don't want the navbar, because the chat is supposed to be a stand-alone popup.