vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=190759

transparent 04 Nov 2008 02:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by transparent (Post 1659000)
Nice hack...

How do I get the tag cloud to display right above the "What's going on" section at the bottom of the FORUMHOME page? For my board having it right under the navbar is not visually appealing.

Thank you!

Nevermind, I figured it out. :)

How to get tag cloud to bottom of forumhome?
by far100
14 Nov 2008 01:05

Transparent

How did you do it? I searched for forumhome and navbar. Still not able to figure it out. Usually these changes are not that hard but I am stumped.

Thanks, Far

transparent 14 Nov 2008 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by far100 (Post 1665249)
Transparent

How did you do it? I searched for forumhome and navbar. Still not able to figure it out. Usually these changes are not that hard but I am stumped.

Thanks, Far

For "Template hook for tag cloud in VB forum homepage (forumhome):"

I entered...

<!-- what's going on box -->

Hope that helps :)

far100 14 Nov 2008 19:37

Transparent Dude you are so freakin good.

Worked like a charm!!:up:

And vbboarder thanks you so much - looks awesome. Actually reading your notes you said exactly to do this - Duh!! Thanks again.:D

vbboarder 15 Nov 2008 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by far100 (Post 1665682)
Transparent Dude you are so freakin good.

Worked like a charm!!:up:

And vbboarder thanks you so much - looks awesome. Actually reading your notes you said exactly to do this - Duh!! Thanks again.:D

Glad you like this mod :) It's very customizable through its options page in VB Options by using CSS properties to style the forum & preferred tags.

goxy63 08 Dec 2008 23:40

Installed
Nominated
Rated

But not shure how to setup on Vba Dynamics

Some help ?

vbboarder 09 Dec 2008 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by goxy63 (Post 1681278)
Installed
Nominated
Rated

But not shure how to setup on Vba Dynamics
Some help ?

In VBA CMPS, you need to add "tag_cloud" to the “Portal Output Global Variables" setting. I don't have VBA Dynamics, but I think you would need to do the same for that product. If you can't find the location of the setting, you should post in the vbadvanced.com forums or ask Brian (site owner) what's the equivalent of “Portal Output Global Variables" in VBA Dynamics.

goxy63 09 Dec 2008 23:11

Thanks for advice

After installation I had problem....my blog link from navbar was missing, after I disable this nice mod everything ws back to normal
Any Ideas ?

Thanks

vbboarder 10 Dec 2008 01:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by goxy63 (Post 1681958)
Thanks for advice

After installation I had problem....my blog link from navbar was missing, after I disable this nice mod everything ws back to normal
Any Ideas ?

Thanks

This mod doesn't modify the navbar. However, this mod allows you to hook the tag cloud to any location that you want. Did you change the hook location for any pages in the custom tag cloud settings? If you did, change the hook location back to $navbar for all pages and make sure you read the 2nd post for hook selection tips. I don't have VB Blog so I can't verify your problem.

Sunka 14 Dec 2008 05:33

Installed.
Thank you!

transparent 14 Dec 2008 07:26

I have this installed and working on my live board but I'm not seeing any changes in popular tags. Anyone else having this issue?

I have specifically searched and clicked tags over and over trying to get specific ones to grow in size and they wont change. The display seems to change on the default VB location for the tag cloud but doesn't seem to change on the cloud produced by this hack.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

vbboarder 15 Dec 2008 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by transparent (Post 1685047)
I have this installed and working on my live board but I'm not seeing any changes in popular tags. Anyone else having this issue?

I have specifically searched and clicked tags over and over trying to get specific ones to grow in size and they wont change. The display seems to change on the default VB location for the tag cloud but doesn't seem to change on the cloud produced by this hack.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What are the custom styles and custom hooks that you specified in the settings for this mod?
Have you tried changing back to the default mod settings or reinstalling this mod (with allow overwrite)?

transparent 15 Dec 2008 19:26

Hi vbboarder!

I specified my hook in this post. And I am using the latest version of your hack.

vbboarder 15 Dec 2008 19:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by transparent (Post 1686051)
Hi vbboarder!

I specified my hook in this post. And I am using the latest version of your hack.

The hook you're using is a html comment in the forumhome template. It works fine for me.

If you want the tag cloud to go into the "what's going on" stats section, you need to specify this hook:
Quote:

$template_hook[forumhome_wgo_stats]
If that doesn't work, then I need to know the custom style that you specified in this mod's settings page.

Important Note: If the syntax is invalid/ incorrect for the tags' custom styles, then the tags will not be styled correctly (ie: different sizes/ colors for popularity).

motowebmaster 17 Dec 2008 00:14

Does this mod create it's own template? I'd like to modify the look of the Tag Cloud a bit, if possible.